Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Currently the MAC version is being tested and no problems have been reported. There are couple of fixes that have been incorporated in all versions, relating to files with empty telemetry data and a new release is likely in a week or two, at which time I'll make the MAC version available.
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Checking out the 2.6 version and found a bug, If you select Altitude Sensor Telemetry and have it set to graph with the Units set to Metric units it shows two graph lines, one for Altitude and one for Max Altitude. Now if you select Imperial Units, the Max Altitude graph line goes away. Looks like it only happens with Filter graph data selected.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes its a filtering issue, will be fixed in next version later this week.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Version 2.7 Windows and MAC

Version 2.7 Available here :-

This version contains minor fixes to the Windows Version and is the first public release of the MAC version.

It should be noted that the Mac version will require you to have a Java Runtime 1.6 or higher installed, as it is not included as part of the install process as per the Windows version.

Windows

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...etryReader.zip

Updates
No major updates.

New Functionality
None

Fixes
1. Fixed problem where if a model had no telemetry data in the file the app terminated.
2. Fixed problem where option to export KML data for google earth remained active for models with no GPS data, if a model with GPS data had previously been opened.
3. Fixed problem with Max altitude not being displayed if units are Imperial.

MAC

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...eader.dmg_.zip

This is the first public release of the MAC version, it is based on the same code as the Windows version, so it is functionally equivilent. It should be noted that the only difference you will notice is the App name in the Menu will be SWT instead of Telementry Reader.

To install the app :-

1. Download the zip file and open it, which should mount the disk image.
2. Drag the App to Desktop or location of your choice.
3. Open the App.

If app fails to open, you probably don't have a Java runtime installed and will be prompted to install Java.
If you are not prompted to Install Java automatically, Open a terminal Window and type Java and hit enter, at which point you should be prompted to install Java.

After Java is installed run the app.

Kevin
Old 02-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Feature suggestion: For KML export, please add a track smoothing option that discards obviously erroneous position data. The only KML I've loaded into Google Earth thus far had two or three places where the position went off in the weeds for a sample and then returned in the next sample due to some sort of glitch.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

It should already discard erroneous values that are more than 1 minute in error from the last position, which equates to approx 1.2 miles, however I can look at adding some additional smoothing but will have to look at the best way to impement it to decide which points are erroneous and which aren't. If you want to send me the the file via PM I'll have a look and see.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KevinWW, can I have the source ?

Can I get the source to the Reader for DX9 TLM program
Thanks,
Paul
Paulinus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sorry but why would you think I would share the source any more than a commercial company would.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spektrum Telemetry Log Viewer

Or maybe Paulinus were talking about the download link ?¿

Anyway, I use your software often on Mac and I really like it. Thanks for your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silverman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default file format

Kevin, I agree on not releasing the source. Can you supply me with the file format so I can write my own program. I use Linux rather than windows. That is why I am interested in writing my own program.
Thanks,
Paul
Paulinus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a TLM file with vario recorded if interested in adding vario data. It shows up as a vario and altitude sensor on the DX9.

http://l.bitcasa.com/JfIz2x6D
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 03:25 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll have a look and see if I can decipher the Vario format.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Initial vario support will be in the next release in a few weeks as its lumped in with a number of other changes that i need to complete and test. But heres an initial preview of what you'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vario.png
Views:	1225
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	495775  
Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Version 3.0

Version 3.0 Available

This version is a fairly major update internally to add a custom graph option and Vario support.

The custom graph combines all graphs for existing data into a single graph and then the filters can be used to select which item should or shouldn't be displayed. This process is dynamic accross the graphs, so whichever items are selected in individual graphs will be displayed on the custom graph and selections on the custom graph will be carried back to individual graphs.

For example if you view the Standard Telemetry and deselect Voltage and temperature, then select Custom only the RPM will be displayed from Standard Telemetry along with any other data from other graphs. If you then select Voltage on the custom screen and then go back to the Standard Telemetry graph Voltage will also now be displayed with RPM.

Updates

New Functionality
1. Custom graphs
2. Vario Support

Fixes
No fixes

Windows Version :-

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...etryReader.zip

MAC Version :-

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...eader.dmg_.zip

Kevin
Old 04-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank's for your great work!
Sailman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 03:33 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've installed 3.0 OK, but when I go to open a teletry file it says 'failed to open TLM file' in status bar. I'll attempt to attach the file. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: tlm 015~15 Sail.TLM (1.57 MB, 146 views)
Old 04-05-2014, 04:13 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

You've found a bug, your model name populates the full name field which causes an end condition to be missed, I'll do a fix and release a new version. Not sure why its not been found before as its been in there since first version. Your altitude data has also identified some oddities in the altitude filtering that I'll also have a look at the filtering.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:34 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinww View Post
I'll do a fix and release a new version. Not sure why its not been found before as its been in there since first version. Your altitude data has also identified some oddities in the altitude filtering that I'll also have a look at the filtering.
Thanks Kevin. I noticed I did lose contact with the telemetry data at a certain point of the flight, due to distance I suspect, maybe that has something to do with oddities.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:05 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes there are a few chunks of data missing from around 10:38 onwards for a couple of minutes that is causing the filtering a problem.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:41 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks for your Job and for Mac version.
godjc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in