Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2015, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Weird radio issue, has this happened to you?

I haven't flown my mcpx helis for at least a year. I have been playing around with a husban x4 in the house and decided to break them out again. I have two mostly stock V1 models. I charged some batteries up and then went outside to give it a go. The heli wouldn't fly more than about 2 feet off the ground. So, I tried the other mcpx, same thing. I figured it was the batteries. So I bought a couple of new batteries and had the same issue. I went through all of my radio settings. Finally, I just created a new model and set it up from scratch with the exact same settings I was using on the other model. Bam, it worked. WTH? This was on a DX7. Has anyone else ever ran into a similar issue.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2015, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

so it sounds like re-binding ( to the next model) did the trick. I have heard that - over time - the heli will lose the binding and re-doing the binding process makes it work again.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I went through the binding process a few times with the model that was already programmed in the radio. I finally just went to a new model number, cleared it, and made a new model from scratch with the same settings. It's true when I did a bind to that model it worked fine.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

IIRC on the mcpx sometimes you need to Bind with(IIRC) the rudder stick full left.
Also IIRC I had this happen with a DX8. It will operate but will barely get off the ground. I think it was the difference between Binding in computer and non-computer mode. Its been awhile.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good suggestion, I will try that as I left the old model still configured in the radio. Thx.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the things I'd suggest is to save the working configuration on a good memory card. Then, if things go south again, see if reloading it changes anything. The description of the problem sounds like the memory inside the TX might be a bit flaky. Way back, we had similar problems with some memory chips, and it turned out that besides the chips themselves with problems, the ceramic (Mil Spec) IC cases were emitting occasional radiation, "Zapping" individual cells in the memory. Checksums are supposed to catch this, but you never know.
CharlieK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in