Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep. I agree.... I am hoping some one will be out there tonight. Its a bit cold here in florida today so that may scare them away but I am hoping other wise.

I laugh cause I am from Chicago and although yes it is 65 degrees out and yes you need a light coat but natural Floridians will break out their parka's for anything less than 70 degree weather.......I knew a cat up in chaiago that wore shorts and flip flops until it reached 35 degress...then he just put knee high socks on .......

Any way I did do a search on how to set up the 3Gx and I found this site that explains how to do a 6 channel setup. Now I am not sure if he explains that you will be in rate mode or not but I do think it is a very good site with step by step instructions.

Here's the link
http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.ph...X-Setup-Series

I have printed out all the choices of recievers we have disscussed, as well as my manual and of course this thread so that who ever is willing to help me tonight will see that I am not opposed to doing some research and asking for help.

If I am lucky enough to get help tonight and get some direction I willl order the reciever on Friday and be ready for a set up next week....

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Clifford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckermusic View Post
Yep. I agree.... I am hoping some one will be out there tonight. Its a bit cold here in florida today so that may scare them away but I am hoping other wise.

I laugh cause I am from Chicago and although yes it is 65 degrees out and yes you need a light coat but natural Floridians will break out their parka's for anything less than 70 degree weather.......I knew a cat up in chaiago that wore shorts and flip flops until it reached 35 degress...then he just put knee high socks on .......

Any way I did do a search on how to set up the 3Gx and I found this site that explains how to do a 6 channel setup. Now I am not sure if he explains that you will be in rate mode or not but I do think it is a very good site with step by step instructions.

Here's the link
http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.ph...X-Setup-Series

I have printed out all the choices of recievers we have disscussed, as well as my manual and of course this thread so that who ever is willing to help me tonight will see that I am not opposed to doing some research and asking for help.

If I am lucky enough to get help tonight and get some direction I willl order the reciever on Friday and be ready for a set up next week....

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Clifford
Perfect, these videos rock...look at all of them several times and you will begin to understand the 3GX. Regarding Rate vs Heading Hold mode, if the (status?) light on the 3GX is green, you are in HH mode...Red means Rate Mode. In the radio, go to Gyro menu increase and decrease the numbers to see at what point it changes...should be around 51% to 52% or thereabouts. My 450 likes about 65% but it is dependent on the gain, which is also controlled by the pots on top of the gyro. You gotta play with it. You gotta get it in the air first, so tame it down and it will handle just like the Blade 450 3D with the radio set with DR at 65 and expo at 7...but that is just me, I can hover tail in in most windy conditions but a 90 degree hover in any wind and I am toast.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I got out there last night...

I can only say one thing.............WOW it was cool!!!!!!

the folks there treated me like family right off the bat......we stood and talked for at least 45 minutes about the gear I brought....they all looked it over and talked it over and what not.....

then the master came over and he was very cool and scrutinized everything and then sat me down with gear and proceeded to go over everything with me.....I also have a 450 3D that I have yet to be able to get out and fly and the master took the time to sit down with me and go thru that and set it all up ..........and then he flew it for me .........Man that was just the coolest thing........

EVERYONE there was just so nice and the desire to help was huge!!!!
I cannot believe I waited so long to go over there........but I will be joining for sure.....

The master said that they will teach me to wrench on my gear and to fly starting out with the buddy box system.....and that is just fine by me!!!!

anyway the master told me that all I need is a simple reciever and showed me where to place it etc.....about $30.....so that is what I am going to get.....

I also need an assortment of some plugs and stuff so I tonight I will lay out what I need and go get it tomorrow at lunch time and try to have everything installed and ready for a set up next week....

So again I would like to thank you for helping me.....the information was very good and I still think you tried to the best of your ability to lead me the correct way......so thank you

I am sure I will talk to you soon
Clifford
Old 03-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oh, I see that my thread has been taken over by people with similar problems. :-)
Nevertheless here's my feedback on my own Dominator build:
I did my first test hover today with my brand new 6S Dominator. Very exciting!

I use a 3GX with a receiver+satellite made by Spektrum. The 3GX is mounted in position 1 (bottom) and the receiver on the tray above the tail boom. Apart from a little tail wag everything seems to be OK. I reduced the gyro gain to just under 70% and that helped a bit.
Next step for me will be to stop that wag completely maybe by further reducing the gyro gain and by going over the flight mode settings again. There are some settings in the flashing lights part of the setup that maybe worth to try.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did my first little real flight today beyond just hovering for a few seconds. I reduced the gyro gain to 67% and the tail wag was gone. I just did some cautious flying from left to right and also dared to fly two slow figure eights. Also tried some soft pitch pumps. Everything is working perfectly well!

That's it! I did a successful build and setup of my first rc-helicopter kit.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's awesome!
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashNburn420 View Post
That's awesome!
Yes it is! I did my next flight with the Dominator yesterday and flew it in circles and more figure eights. Everything a bit faster this time. No problems, no further adjustments. In comparison with my flybared 450-3D this bird feels a lot more stable and bigger. Must be the 3GX and the larger blades.
When I came home I checked all the screws and found some which were a bit loose. Must have forgotten the thread lock or used too little of it. I think I'll do a check after every 2 or 3 flights until that stops.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry
did not mean to hijack this thread....but when you find someone with similar problems I just gotta post and ask....I think that helps everyone....

Just a s a follow up, Last night I went out to the field for my 2nd time and I had everything I needed for flying.......

Except my batteries!!!

No joke....could not believe it cause I was looking forward so much for the madien flight on my blade 450 3D.....

On my T Rex 450 with the 3Gx the teacher brought it home with him to install some items I had boughten and some that he had at home....should get it back on Saturday.

From there I need to then update the 3Gx software to v. 3.1 and then do the configuration of the gyro and on to her madien flight!!!

I am so looking forward to this......hope I do good.

Clifford
Old 04-05-2014, 02:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckermusic View Post
Sorry
did not mean to hijack this thread....but when you find someone with similar problems I just gotta post and ask....I think that helps everyone....
No problem - and agree 100%.

Being at the place where I use to fly and realize that I forgot an essential item like the batteries or the transmitter is something I'm worried about. I know it will happen one day to me too.
To minimize the risk I have only two cases, one for my helicopters and quads and another one for the transmitter, the batteries, some cable ties and some very essential tools. Before I had the case for the helicopters I carried them in their original boxes which also worked for me. Important to me is the other case. I care that everything I may need in the field is always in that case.

Btw, you wrote that you're planning to use V3.1 in the 3GX. I read a lot about tail wagging with V4.0 but that version was already on my unit. I decided to try it despite all those rumors and it works just perfectly. But maybe that's only an option for the newer 3GXs.

Good luck with your T-Rex setup and happy flying! Waiting for your success story here!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInAGarden View Post
No problem - and agree 100%.

Being at the place where I use to fly and realize that I forgot an essential item like the batteries or the transmitter is something I'm worried about. I know it will happen one day to me too.
To minimize the risk I have only two cases, one for my helicopters and quads and another one for the transmitter, the batteries, some cable ties and some very essential tools. Before I had the case for the helicopters I carried them in their original boxes which also worked for me. Important to me is the other case. I care that everything I may need in the field is always in that case.

Btw, you wrote that you're planning to use V3.1 in the 3GX. I read a lot about tail wagging with V4.0 but that version was already on my unit. I decided to try it despite all those rumors and it works just perfectly. But maybe that's only an option for the newer 3GXs.

Good luck with your T-Rex setup and happy flying! Waiting for your success story here!
Well my 3Gx has version 2.x ??? and I am going to upgrade it to 3.1. The Master at the field told me not to use 4.0 so I will have to follow his advice until I know better....But I am happy to hear that your version 4.0 worked out just fine....

Once I get it off the ground and in the air I will let you know....I am just waiting on teacher to finish putting a few connectors I could not find on my T Rex. Should have it Wed. Evening...if all goes well....

I did not do so well with my 450 3D over the week end.....60 seconds and then a nose plant................Well I guess we even learn by them.....

Again sorry for hijacking your thread but I have learnt a lot from your suggestios as well as everyone else who is trying to help me....

So thank you to all..
Clifford

Tags
t-rex dominator spektrum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in