Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > AHF Aeolus

AHF Aeolus AHF Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Information request. on AHF 50 GF nitro

Hi guys,

I am looking at using the AHF 50 for a project. I have read that the AHF 50 is very close to the trex 600,
lots of the parts are interchangeable. I have also looked at both manuals and comparing them together. I would like a few questions answered.

1. Is the head assembly interchangeable with the trex ? could it be mounted to a trex main shaft? or vice versa?
2 Bearing blocks are they the same physical size and would the AHF blocks line up with trex frames for mounting?
3. Complete tail assembly AHF again could that me mounted up in trex frames?
4 Main gears are interchangeable between the two is this correct?
5 Main shaft AHF be used in a trex or vice versa?
6 Elevator lever are they the same size between both models and mount the same way?
7 Aileron lever assembly are they both the same and mount the same way?

Thanks
porscheaddiction is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Parts compatibility

Hello,

In the following I refer to the TR600 (not the newest version) and the AHF Aeolus50 3D, either the gf- or the cf-version. There's a special edition of the Aeolus 50 3D with umbrella gear, I don't refer to this model.

1. The head assembly is interchangeble with the TR600, meanwhile the main shaft is not compatible. The dimensioning of the lower shaft part (smaller OD) is different. If you put an AHF-50 head (including flybar seasaw, washout-base and swashplate) on a TR600 with the align main-shaft, the AHF-main-head might fit. So simply put, the AHF's main-head centre-piece and the main-haft are different. the hole in the centre-piece of the main-head of the 2 makes is pretty different, considering the distance of the bore (3mm) from the main-shaft upper end.

2. The AHF bearing blocks won't work on a TR600, as the width of the AHF's side-frames are way smaller then the ones from Align (twice as wide).

3. It depends, wheter you refer to the tail-belt or TT-version. As the width of the side frames of the AHF is way smaller, we should consider the whole tail except the part for the tail-mounting on the main-frame. A further difference is the tail-linkage, which is way better made by the AHF, as you have a carbon rod (4mm) instead of a steel-rod (2mm). Additionally you can still mount the AHF's tail-linkage guidances even when you mounted already your tail into the frame before. Else the complete tail-belt version tail is compatible. Considering the TT-version, the TR600 tail is different. In order to make the Align TT-tail work, you need 2 modification (I remember a post where I explained how to do it). the AHF's tail-support-rod are stronger made and use 4mm fixation instead of the 3mm Align uses.

4. Main gears are (both) interchangeable. The main gear hub instead is not compatible between AHF and TR600. The cheapest main-gears you can buy from hobbyking, both working on the AHF and TR600, no experience about their quality and wear.

5. Main shaft AHF: compare my comment above, the problem is notmainly the upper part (of the main-shaft, then the lower part with its smaller OD), as the AHF is based on a different main-gear-hub-system. IMO the AHF main-gear-hub is better fixing the main-gears wise, but definetly not when it comes to the quality of the bore (the worst part on an Aeolus 50 3D). The poorly made bore and OD of the cone makes the one-way-bearing prone to blocking (needs disassembling this unit, cleaning and greasing it again).

6. Elevator lever: as the width of the side-frames of this two makes is different, maybe would work, but to much effort.Didn't try this one, as it makes no sense considering the affordabel price of this part from AHF as well as of ALIGN.

7. Aileron lever: not completely sure about this one.

If speaking project wise, this refers to put an Aeolus 50 3D frame into an Align TR600 scale-body, I guess this won't work for most models. For a buddy's project we once tried to mount an Aeolus 50 3D GF frame into an airwolf-frame of a TR600, but didn't fit because of the Aeolus' different nose section. Maybe someone knows more about this or can even recommend a scale-body/make that might work ?

Hope this helps,
Best Regards,
Oliver
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Oliver,

Do you know is the tail shaft compatible between the A50 and t600?

I have the tt A503d and was looking at the item in the link below as mine is bent.

It looks the same but as I haven't got a t600 I'm not sure. Any help is much appreciated,

http://radiocontrolledshop.ie/align-...et-h60123.html

Kind regards,
Ouncie
ouncie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail shaft

Hello Ouncie,

The tail-shaft with the bevel gears of the TT-version is not compatible (with Align). The reason is the different geometry of the bevel gears. The same applies to the front gear-unit of the TT.

Looking at the tail-belt version, the tail-shaft and the front-section are compatible with ALIGN.

So if someone wants to use ALIGN tail-parts for convenience (LHS etc.), I would recommend to make my TT-mod to use the complete ALIGN-tail on an Aeolus 50 3D. Even though the mod was cool to figure it out (simple to craft and least parts possible), I personally prefer the AHF-tail, as for less money it's better designed.

Best Regards,
Oliver
Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the reply Oliver. I was hoping the align shaft may fit as the LHS has an abundance of Align parts there.

I've ordered it from AHF so just have to wait a couple of days for them.

Thanks again, you're a fountain of knowledge when it comes to these birds.

Kind regards,
Ouncie.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail check ..

Hello Ouncie,

We have a few A50 3D hereover on my FF, funningly, meanwhile there are twice as much of the A50 3D flying on my FF, thenT-Rex 600's (I guess Hobbyking is guilty about this ). So had the chance to experience the pro's and con's of this bird..

Speaking the TT-version, either the T-Rex 600 or the AHF A50, both are sometimes suffering from some vertical play of the front-TT-bevel-gear. This bevel gear often tends to have some vertical play, sometimes even out of the box. So check this play by use of a thinny screw driver and lifting up the bevel-gear vertically. If there is little play, e.g less than 0.5mm this should be ok. Often the play is way larger than 0.5mm, so use shims to reduce this play and your tail will become better.

Best Regards,
Oliver
Old 05-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks again Oliver, I'll check that out, as I said, a fountain of knowledge.

Kind regards,
Ouncie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in