Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > nano QX

nano QX Blade nano QX Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

truckermusic,

As long as you've got everything put in like the first post, it *should* behave itself. My settings in my Tx are exactly as described up there. I know this thread has been confusing. The description of the revisions at the bottom of the post showed what needed to be changed after talking more down below. As the conversation rolled on, I continued to update the first post with the best information that I thought worked.

As far as the drift you described, I've experienced that a bit too. I see it at my mobile home, but not at my office. I was able to quickly diagnose because I know that the floor of my mobile home is not level. It consistently wanted to go in some certain direction based on which way it was facing when it powered on and initialized.

I'm fairly certain this is not the "proper" way to handle this, but I am not an expert. I just know what has worked for me. When I trained on my mSR and it wanted to drift with no input, the solution was trim. My Nano QX seems to do what I tell it to with that solution as well, although I know many will shout YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE TRIM ON FLYBARLESS CONTROLLERS!!!

I know. In this case it just works. If the proper solution can be described to me so I can replace my current understanding with a better one, I'm open to new information. I did notice that if I initialized the Nano in the same orientation every time once I had my trims set, I don't have to mess with it again unless I change locations.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can use trim on the nQX with out any problems....IT is not a flybarless system. As you may not know the nQX is not even AS3X...it is SAFE. I use trim on a few of my quads.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for clarifying that, P I'm glad to know it does no harm. I thought the newer tech might be based off the older tech and carry with it some similar limitations and "best practices" - being wrong is easier in this case, and makes me a happy camper!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default still a bit confused

Well I am going to have to go back and see what I put in my settings...

For what ever reason this thread is confusing me....So I will have to sit down and post a reply while my Tx is in my hands....Because the programming of the Tx confuses me as well.....I am brand new to this hobby (Dec 12) and have only had my Tx since March....

Now I did get it to fly nicely last night and this morning before work.....and it is a lot of fun.

but I jsut have the feeling something is still not correct.....

Let me post tonight and it may help us understand what I am doing wrong....

thanks Guys.
Clifford
truckermusic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy to help I've overlooked things depending on my state of mind before. It could be that as you're going through your settings, you may find something I left out, or the one switch that you forgot to flip. Glad you're still having fun though
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

One item to mention is that the settings in the original post have been updated to include the modifications and I believe it has kept it pretty current with all the later discussion.

You stated Throttle Hold makes it fall out of the sky. Hitting Throttle Hold is a way to stop the motor on your heli to prevent more parts from breaking (or making it slightly safer if you inadvertently advance the throttle). This was incorporated so one could learn that behavior (you should set the same for your mSR). Others thought it was a good way to change modes and for them it might be. You can choose either way.
kf0s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmo View Post
Refinement:

I never did find two values that were 20% apart that worked right, but switching between 80% and 0% causes the nQx to switch modes fine, and you have no loss of control while changing modes that I could tell.
I found that I like the 0 setting instead of the 80 setting for the Pitch Curve in Stunt Mode. Leaving it at 80 I do run into the problem where occasionally I have no cyclic control when in agility mode. Changing to 0, I haven't seen that issue yet (I always have some control). I thought that what you are also saying here so was wondering why that hasn't changed in the original post.

Or maybe I misunderstood something and may have something else programmed wrong.
kf0s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I agree Throttle Hold is a useful feature for preventing damage or injury. That's one of the reasons I thought it was important to be able to use it for the Nano QX.

My comment was to make the point that hitting TH 20 feet up because you slightly lost orientation rather than taking a couple deep breaths and trying to fly through a mistake can cause more damage, but that's just my opinion. I made that comment in order to address varying levels of experience, and an inexperienced pilot in a panic might hit TH when a more seasoned response is to attempt to come to a controlled landing or find a familiar orientation.

I'll have to experiment a little bit more between the 80 and 0 thing you mentioned. Mine has been working fine, but all that testing was a bit hurried and in between a lot of things. Where I noticed a loss of control is mid-mode-change. What I mean is that the switch to Agility happens by a 0-1-0 toggle on the FMode switch, and while in the '1' position, I had a loss of cyclic control. I thought the 80% thing fixed that. I have not experienced a loss of control while the FMode switch was in the '0' position, whether in Stability or Agility.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Clarify.....lol

I was pleased to find this forum in anticipation of receiving my NQX here in a couple of days. I got a little lost half way through with the updates and such so I was wondering if the original post could be re-posted with the updates to the settings that were changed possibly. If not I'll go back through it a few times and see if I can make sense of it. I love this site and it has opened my eyes to this new hobby of mine, especially since I bought the DX6i!

Thanks again,
Sean
sreno2003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, I agree Throttle Hold is a useful feature for preventing damage or injury. That's one of the reasons I thought it was important to be able to use it for the Nano QX.

My comment was to make the point that hitting TH 20 feet up because you slightly lost orientation rather than taking a couple deep breaths and trying to fly through a mistake can cause more damage, but that's just my opinion. I made that comment in order to address varying levels of experience, and an inexperienced pilot in a panic might hit TH when a more seasoned response is to attempt to come to a controlled landing or find a familiar orientation.

I'll have to experiment a little bit more between the 80 and 0 thing you mentioned. Mine has been working fine, but all that testing was a bit hurried and in between a lot of things. Where I noticed a loss of control is mid-mode-change. What I mean is that the switch to Agility happens by a 0-1-0 toggle on the FMode switch, and while in the '1' position, I had a loss of cyclic control. I thought the 80% thing fixed that. I have not experienced a loss of control while the FMode switch was in the '0' position, whether in Stability or Agility.
Mine is working fine with your latest settings. No issues with 80%.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreno2003 View Post
I was pleased to find this forum in anticipation of receiving my NQX here in a couple of days. I got a little lost half way through with the updates and such so I was wondering if the original post could be re-posted with the updates to the settings that were changed possibly. If not I'll go back through it a few times and see if I can make sense of it. I love this site and it has opened my eyes to this new hobby of mine, especially since I bought the DX6i!

Thanks again,
Sean
Sean,

The first post contains everything you need now, it was continually updated during the testing process. I know it's confusing, but I wanted to make sure the proper settings were posted in the first post so people would not have to go digging. Here to help if you need

Thanks for the feedback, Ric66!

Anyone think I should just re-post this in the Nano forum? I'm concerned that this information really belongs there, but for whatever reason, the last straggling Nano threads in the mQx forum are still hanging around...
Old 06-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Blade Nano QX Heli Profile
Thanks goes out to pfloyd, whose post about dx6i settings for mcx2 was used to template this.
Thanks also to rkweekly, who inspired me to make these notes with his initial work on finding the differences in settings.

Please keep in mind I'm not an expert, just a guy who saw an opportunity to share what I learned here for the benefit of others. Contribute and/or correct if you find something that doesn't work right, or something that works BETTER!

These settings are now as final as I can get them, they have been updated 6/20/13 following a majority of the conversation below. You do not need to read the whole conversation to get the proper settings, they are in this post.

SETUP LIST

Model Type
Heli

REVERSE
THRO - N
AILE -N
ELEV - N
RUDD - N
GYRO - N
PITCH - R

Swash Type
90*1 servo

D/R Combi
D/R SW: ELEV

Adjust List

D/R & EXPO
With Elevator D/R switch in position 0
AILE 0 70% INH
ELEV 0 70% INH
RUD 0 70% INH
With Elevator D/R switch in position 1
AILE 1 100% INH
ELEV 1 100% INH
RUDD 1 100% INH

Travel ADJ
THRO – 100% - 100%
AILE – 100% - 100%
ELEV – 100% - 100%
RUDD – 100% - 100%
GYRO – 100% - 100%
PITC – 100% - 100%

Throttle CUR
NORM
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 25.0%
pos 3 50.0%
pos 4 75.0%
pos H 100.0%
STUNT
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 25.0%
pos 3 50.0%
pos 4 75.0%
pos H 100.0%
HOLD
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 0.0%
pos H 0.0%

Pitch CUR (This is only used as a toggle to switch flight mode between stability and agility for this model)
NORM
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 0.0%
pos H 0.0%
STUNT
pos L 80.0%
pos 2 80.0%
pos 3 80.0%
pos 4 80.0%
pos H 80.0%
HOLD
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 0.0%
pos H 0.0%

MIX 1
INH
MIX 2
INH
Revo Mix
INH

Anything I left out of this list didn't need to be changed from default (on a blank profile) to make it fly.

With these settings, toggling the F.Mode / IU switch is what changes between "stability" and "agility" mode, rather than the Gyro/Flap switch per the instructions in the manual. The reason for this is that receiver channel 6 on an airplane is used for Flaps on wings, and on a heli, it's used for Pitch on the main blades.

All controls appear to work fine after the updates that have been made.

Thanks to those who joined the discussion below to fine-tune things. I know there are some little quirks to making this work with "heli" settings, so if anyone finds a good way to improve these settings, please let me know, and I'll update it

Updates so far:
1) Fixed TH/mode switch bug
2) Changed mode switch from 1-0-1 toggle on IU/FMode to 0-1-0 by changing Pitch Reversing.
3) Realized that the HOLD values needed to be reversed with the previous change. Done.
4) Changed STUNT pitch values to 80 in order to provide some control when changing modes.

These are great!

Had a MQX set up like a heli and loved it .
These setting were just what I was looking for they work great!
Really like the TH!
Thanks!
vrex01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Received my bird this AM. Running this set up and it's all good, so far.

Again, good work.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to have confirmation from more who have tried these settings. My biggest fear was that I might overlook something that would cause others problems. Thanks vrex01 and hotshot888.

EDIT: I've copied this information to the Nano QX forum here. I also added a note to the settings above, which I will repeat here:

Once you've become accustomed to the feel of these settings, you can "amp it up" by increasing your dual rates above 100%, as stated in the user's manual. This will result in faster flips, quicker piros, and some other stuff I'm not sure of because I haven't done it yet

Last edited by jcmo; 06-27-2013 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: Avoiding a double posting in this thread
Old 06-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Add a button

Hi I have added a momentary button for $5 to my remote and this is the setup that I use.
Remove cover, 6 screws.

Drill a 5/16 hole next to the trainer button

Install switch and solder wires to DR switch

Connect everything up and make sure nothing is binding.
Enjoy

SETUP LIST

Model Type
Heli

REVERSE
THRO - N
AILE -N
ELEV - N
RUDD - N
GYRO - N
PITCH - N

Swash Type
90*1 servo

D/R Combi

Adjust List

D/R & EXPO
AILE 0 70% 30%
ELEV 0 70% 30%
RUD 0 70% 30%
AILE 1 100% 30%
ELEV 1 100% 30%
RUDD 1 100% 30%

Travel ADJ
THRO – 100% - 100%
AILE – 100% - 100%
ELEV – 100% - 100%
RUDD – 100% - 100%
GYRO – 100% - 100%
PITC – 100% - 100%

Throttle CUR
NORM
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 25.0%
pos 3 50.0%
pos 4 75.0%
pos H 100.0%
STUNT
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 25.0%
pos 3 50.0%
pos 4 75.0%
pos H 100.0%
HOLD
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 0.0%
pos H 0.0%

Pitch CUR (This is only used as a toggle to switch flight mode between stability and agility for this model)
NORM
pos L 100%
pos 2 100%
pos 3 100%
pos 4 100%
pos H 100%
STUNT
pos L 30.0%
pos 2 30.0%
pos 3 30.0%
pos 4 30.0%
pos H 30.0%
HOLD
pos L 100%
pos 2 100%
pos 3 100%
pos 4 100%
pos H 100%

MIX 1
INH
MIX 2
INH
Revo Mix
INH
alexbn921 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love your case! Where did you get it! can you buy the foam as well an cut it to side?
That I a awesome mod for the DX6 also..will try it..
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
Hi I have added a momentary button for $5 to my remote and this is the setup that I use.
Remove cover, 6 screws.

Drill a 5/16 hole next to the trainer button

Install switch and solder wires to DR switch

Connect everything up and make sure nothing is binding.
Enjoy

SETUP LIST

Model Type
Heli

REVERSE
THRO - N
AILE -N
ELEV - N
RUDD - N
GYRO - N
PITCH - N

Swash Type
90*1 servo

D/R Combi

Adjust List

D/R & EXPO
AILE 0 70% 30%
ELEV 0 70% 30%
RUD 0 70% 30%
AILE 1 100% 30%
ELEV 1 100% 30%
RUDD 1 100% 30%

Travel ADJ
THRO – 100% - 100%
AILE – 100% - 100%
ELEV – 100% - 100%
RUDD – 100% - 100%
GYRO – 100% - 100%
PITC – 100% - 100%

Throttle CUR
NORM
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 25.0%
pos 3 50.0%
pos 4 75.0%
pos H 100.0%
STUNT
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 25.0%
pos 3 50.0%
pos 4 75.0%
pos H 100.0%
HOLD
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 0.0%
pos H 0.0%

NORM
pos L 100%
pos 2 100%
pos 3 100%
pos 4 100%
pos H 100%
STUNT
pos L 30.0%
pos 2 30.0%
pos 3 30.0%
pos 4 30.0%
pos H 30.0%
HOLD
pos L 100%
pos 2 100%
pos 3 100%
pos 4 100%
pos H 100%

MIX 1
INH
MIX 2
INH
Revo Mix
INH
Works great on my Orange T-6!!

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cyclic?

I fly my NanoQX indoors using my Dx6i with your setup. It might be my imagination but it seems to fly like an airplane when it's in stability mode, red led on. After I lift off and hover with the colored props facing forward all I have to do is push the elevator stick forward and it travels forward. If I maintain the same elevator input and give it some rudder, the quad starts to turn maintaining the same speed in the direction of the turn. I love it, left turns, right turns, figure 8's, it's like the elevator stick is some kind of weird transmission on an airplane that can go forward, reverse, left or right, Sweet!

Here's the thing, I also have Real Flight Sim and would like to fly the Quad in the Sim for agility practice but it's nuts to me. On the Sim the rudder spins the body of the Quad under the rotor and does nothing for the actual direction of travel. To steer the travel of the Quad on the Sim I have to constantly and smoothly rotate the elevator/aileron stick and I'm anything but smooth.

From what I've read it seems to have something to do with cyclic and it seems like your setup mysterious mixes the cyclic with the rudder, am I nuts, I love flying with your setup, I feel like a pro, when I switch to the Sim I'm worse than a beginner. Do you have any idea what might be going on?
dlwiener is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2014, 08:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex01 View Post
These are great!

Had a MQX set up like a heli and loved it .
These setting were just what I was looking for they work great!
Really like the TH!
Thanks!
i have tried this i used your settings but changed the pitch curve

with the F-mode set to on

with this setting

NORM
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 0.0%
pos H 0.0%
STUNT
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 80.0%
pos H 80.0%
HOLD
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 0.0%
pos H 0.0%

you can give the throttle 75% and it goes into agility mode give it 75% again it changes it back

what is your thoughts
Zippets is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in