Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Nightflyr. Wow, that flight lasted about 10 minutes, very long indeed. How did you manage to do that? I like the HC Rigid as it has Position Mode which WK H-Lite does not have (it's another USD 500 to add GPS for the DJI to have position mode). Rigid is also made in Germany which is a bit reassuring. Thanks again for your kind response.

Montana, thanks for your comments. I wouldn't trust the Flymentor on my Trex 550E Pro either but wouldn't mind trying on a 450 heli anytime. BTW, I once studied at Bozeman (MSU) during '74-'78, yeah a long long time ago, love the state very much - I'm back in BKK since 1980.
kittiwat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bear in mind that position mode only works below about 2 metres.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a bit limited, at 2 meters. This feature will probably not be engaged by me (if I decide to buy it) due to its limited scope. Without it, the Rigid will not have any meaningful advantage over the DJI WH- LIte. In any case, I'm sure one will not go wrong with getting any one of the two. There seems to be more users of the Rigid than DJI WH-Lite in the market which is probably due to the latter just came into the market late last year. Tough decision time. May be I should wait awhile until there is some comprehensive comparision between the two products.
kittiwat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiwat1 View Post
Thank you Nightflyr. Wow, that flight lasted about 10 minutes, very long indeed. How did you manage to do that? I like the HC Rigid as it has Position Mode which WK H-Lite does not have (it's another USD 500 to add GPS for the DJI to have position mode). Rigid is also made in Germany which is a bit reassuring. Thanks again for your kind response.
Just proper gearing and HS... I shot for 15 minute flight time as a pod and boom so I could get at least 10 minutes once it was mounted into its fuse.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helihaven recently posted up a 35 minute flight time with his 6s 420mm stretched fbl 450. I also pulled an 18.30min flight on one of mine. It is all in the setup. Mine was running 2600 to 3200hs during my flight.

Nights creation is much larger however. I am only stretching my 600 with 815s due to some flight problems with the harmonics of the longer blades. I want higher hs and am using an entirely different tail setup that allows me to spin my RcTek 3 blade tail rotor higher with more efficient tracking and much higher grip angles that should achieve better tail authority.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hc3a

I love my HC3a. i've had it about 2 years. Bought it of HF. I was a newby and had dumb thumbs. I totaled my T500 every other day and was feed up with it. The HC is more pricy but the quailty and performance is awesome. Once you learn how to program and set up your bird you can start learning with confidence. As time passes and your comfort level increases all you have to do is turn down the gains and stick sensitivity to have more control yourself. It leaves you free to make mistakes because you can depend on it to recover. I found that my t600 with HC3a will hold position if I want it to with no cyclic input at around 15 feet. Keep your lens clean and your vibs down and its at higher the rated alltitude. The Horizonal mode is far better the any of the IF units ( cp2, flymentor ). I do not fly 3D, so the HC3a is AWESOME for sport and scale flying. If mounted properly in a scale bird, you can really put on a show.
StripedGear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

HC3sx, got mine new on eBay auction,$420. Lots of them going for that.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

reading through this forum I realize I have lots to learn about these systems..
brushless55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in