Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

NICE!!!
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks...ATC your frame ,main shaft and tail pulley is done. You can pick up tomorrow if you want to start your build.

Last edited by johnnycat500; 01-14-2012 at 10:43 AM..
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi HH I would like to keep my spare v2 motor as I may use it for a DD 480 in the future?

Hugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post

Hey hugeone, if you aren’t using the V2 motor, want to sell it to me.
hugeone22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotY View Post
Hey Hank and Johnny,

There really are so many variables involved, most calculations just get you in the ballpark. The biggest one is your battery voltage under load...this is complicated by the fact that the load changes. I am a simple minded person so usually use about 3.3v per cell as a rough estimate and your calculations look good.

This is a really neat project you guys have going here! It would be nice to get some performance data points for a 4s setup. And see if there was any way to get the weight back down close to a stock 450...that would be amazing! I have always found it much easier to fly CP helicopters so that's my main interest and to see what you guys come up with.
Thanks Brother, it’s good to know my calculations were not to far off. Ah…I gotcha, using 3.3v per cell represents the voltage under load. Sweet, makes running the numbers even easier.

I to am super curious about running this motor on 4s. Would be nice if the 4s setup ups the motor rpm by at least 200 to 300rpm. Headspeed still might be a little low for a standard 450 setup though, but hey from what I’ve read, between 2400-2500rpm is a good head speed for a stretch 450 running 360mm blades.

Would be nice to get the weight back down, but I’m not sure it could be done. Might be able to shave a little off, but not enough to offset the extra 168g the motor adds to the setup. As a fixed pitch machine sporting the Funcopter blades she flies great, but I can see where the extra weight could be an issue for hard cp sport/3D flying. The extra weight of this bird is another reason why I think stretching and having a larger rotor disc might just be the way to go.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
Nice flight and most excellent landing
Thanks brother Hyd
After two dumb thumb crashes, I decided to take it easy with this bird for awhile. Well at least until I get some spare parts.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
This weekend I was going to start on the fp version of the dd 450 pro. The mailman came with the 12mm cf tube and the belts I ordered for the 360 stretch. So guess what, instead I will be going for it and put together the dd 450 pro cp360s on 4s.I based the belt size on a 405mm stretch boom. In the custom frame that works out to a mxl 505 belt. I ordered both 500t and 505t belts. The 500t is just a little to short.Here is a pic of them side by side with the 360mm blades taped on to the 325mm blades for comparison. I think this is up HH's alley.
Awesome JC!
Hell ya, it’s up my alley! JC have I ever told you that you’re the man.
Looks great Bro, cant wait to hear how the testing goes…sweetness!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugeone22 View Post
Hi HH I would like to keep my spare v2 motor as I may use it for a DD 480 in the future?

Hugh
hehe…was just kidding with you Bro.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am hoping for no wind and the 3D pilot will be out at the field to try 3D with this thing this morning. I think HH is right on the weight issue. Your not going to get that 168g back because of the motor.I could put holes all over the frame and that would help a little.Loose the boom supports.It won't be much. There is a thread on HF that they post their AUW of the 450 pro. The range is 797g fbl to a little over 900g with 4s. MIne is 868 with canopy ,no batt. My 3s batt is 198g and my 4s is 252g.The canopy will not fit with that 4s.It would need a smaller 4s batt for that.With 4s and 360 blades you will be pushing 1200g range.I do not have the 360 built yet, but the longer boom and belt will add some weight. Todays AUW is 1066g.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got to the field. Overcast and starting to sprinkle.Alec lifted off, checked the controls and went up to go inverted. It did it but with the low HS it doesn't have the power to be a 3D machine. Alec liked it a lot,said it was stable,smooth,quiet and tracked straight.So what we have here is a nice sport machine. When I get the 360 stretch going on 4s I will have him fly that one.For me and my flying skills or lack of...LOL it will do just fine. Here's a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh_Pk...ature=youtu.be
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6430 2000X1329.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	280988  
Old 01-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

GREAT!!!
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

!NICE!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

change the res to 1080p and put it to full screen, can really see it then again, GREAT JOB jc500!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default FIRST LOOP

went flying with jc500 today, and did 1 and 7/8's loops first one went without a hitch, the second one i needed two more feet of air space

this was the first time i ever attempted a loop, next time i'll be sure to have enough height

augured it in pretty good, heli basically exploded, video to follow

that was the worst crash, but not the only one

augured jc500's DD450 got too far away and lost orientation almost pulled it out but hit skids first field damage assessment:
mains haft
skids
flybar

no video on that one though
Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this is the second flight trying a loop after a successful one the first battery, the ugly one in this video doesn't count, but the 7/8 one does

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHRpzCQ0kqc&feature=colike[/ame]

thanks jc500
Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch! Severed boom and all...I've done that before. That's one of the disadvantages of FP helicopters and lowish headspeed. I love how your DD helicopters sound...so smooth and quiet! Sorry to hear/see the setbacks and keep at it!
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

here's the other video. looked like a loop in real time, but after playing it (starting at :48) I don't think you can call it a loop

helps if you bump to 1080p and full screen

Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bummer…two crashes in the same day. Brother I’ve been there many times myself, so I know all to well how it feels. The 7/8 loop was still totally awesome my man! Yeah you hit the ground, but the loop itself was beautiful. I know first hand, looping a fixed pitch helicopter isn’t easy and the bigger/heaver they are, the harder it becomes. You rock my friend and keep at it.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Received my CP DD frame kit from JC yesterday. As with all JC’s work, the Kit looks awesome! Boy O Boy, I can’t wait to start building this one of a kind machine. Updates to come
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2896 (640x480).jpg
Views:	178
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	282252  
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

how much did that cost?
flyguyeddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick update guys on my dd cp450 build.

Haven’t received a second v2 motor yet, so I had to disassemble my dd fp bird and yank the motor out. I’m about halfway done with the cp build, so hopefully next weekend I’ll be able to finish and go for the maiden…you rock JC! yeah baby!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2913 (640x480).jpg
Views:	1639
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	284639  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in