Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

tao

1. with a brushless motor there is no need for colour codeing the wires.
connect the three wire, and if it spins the correct way
if it spins the wrong way, switch only two of the wires around, and it will reverse the direction

2. it should only be the last ~1/2 inch that is bare, and will have solder on it already.
the "naked" wire you are looking at should have a clear coating to insulate it

cheers
a
ado1974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the information, Ado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ado1974 View Post
if it spins the wrong way, switch only two of the wires around, and it will reverse the direction
This is what I try to avoid. I just leaned proper soldering recently and did not do a good job every time. If my luck goes as usual, I will have it reverse and have to swap two wires while try not to toast the ESC (knock on wood). Is it okay to solder one wire and test the other two by touching the wire with the connection point?

One more question, heat shrink tube over ESC once it is done?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #163 (permalink)

Not to worry about getting the wires in the wrong spot - the XP12A is programmable includeing the direction of the motor.
JossyRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I will add the programming card to my order.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,
I found this motor on chinesejade HP06VX (HP07xx) Outrunner Brushless Motor
Is this HP07-2 or it isn't?

Thanks
polycapman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 03:23 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by polycapman View Post
Hi guys,
I found this motor on chinesejade HP06VX (HP07xx) Outrunner Brushless Motor
Is this HP07-2 or it isn't?

Thanks
Read this from the last post back...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...255496&page=13

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a full on ClubHeli guy now (unless they simply don't have it in stock).
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Canuck View Post
I'm a full on ClubHeli guy now (unless they simply don't have it in stock).
Me 2!
4G6, mCPX, mCPXBL, nCPX, mSR, mCX
Gadflyii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've read through this one and still have a couple questions. I'm pretty much a beginner, but I'd rather not buy one motor and then have to buy a different one later.

1. Someone has mentioned that the HP07-2 works with the stock Walkera ESC, although it's not ideal. I'm assuming this would hold true for the Novus 125 CP (2610s rx)?

2. It's been a little while since this discussion, but what's the verdict on the 07 motor? Is it best to just stick with the tried-and-true 08? Flight time is an important consideration for me, so the stats on the 07 that were posted much earlier in the thread scare me. I'd probably run a 16t pinion.

Major Equipment Sponsor - AdventureRC
Discount_Bob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount_Bob View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've read through this one and still have a couple questions. I'm pretty much a beginner, but I'd rather not buy one motor and then have to buy a different one later.

1. Someone has mentioned that the HP07-2 works with the stock Walkera ESC, although it's not ideal. I'm assuming this would hold true for the Novus 125 CP (2610s rx)?

2. It's been a little while since this discussion, but what's the verdict on the 07 motor? Is it best to just stick with the tried-and-true 08? Flight time is an important consideration for me, so the stats on the 07 that were posted much earlier in the thread scare me. I'd probably run a 16t pinion.
Go with the hp08 from club heli. You'll feel better about the purchase. The 07 bogs easier, and won't handle as high of pitch. I'm running 18t on the 08. I have to run 16t on the 07. 14t would probably be better.
pmflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 01:34 AM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hi there,

1. Yes, the HP07-2 will work with the walkera ESC. It will also work for the Rx2610S.
  2. Yes, it is also better to stick to the HP08. If you want more power, go 2S. If you want longer flight times, use a bigger lipo.
The 16T will NOT prolong flight times, as the motor (whatever form) will need more power to turn the gear as compared to a lower T gear (14T), which equals shorter flight times.

So if you are a beginner and want to mod your heli for longer flight times and a little bit more power (because you mentioned 16T), go for 2S with a 13T or 14T and a big 2S 650mAh Lipo (selfmade 2S pack of 2x 20C 650mAh). The additional weight of the extra lipo will not hurt as the additional power of the 2S setup more than compensates for that. Flies great for me. And you can upgrade the pinion gear to have a more aggressive beast for later 3D.

Blade MCX, FBL 4G6V-2S Xtreme, FBL 4G6V-1S
Xtreme rewind, FBL 4G6S-1S Bell 222 Darthdark, FBL V120D02S
hjns is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks, henk. I'm not too much worried about power right now, but I want it a little better than stock. I think I'm going to try to stick with a 1s setup for now, for cost-effectiveness.

I had read about folks using 20t pinions on the HP07-2 ... I don't need that much HS so I was gonna slow it down (and maybe get better flight times as well), and didn't want the tail authority issues mentioned with a 14t. I figured 16t would be a compromise.

Is the HP07-2 just not that great of a motor?

Major Equipment Sponsor - AdventureRC
Discount_Bob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is the HP07-2 just not that great of a motor?
That is correct. I have run 2 HP07-2 in both my 4G6 models. One was nice, but not up to par with my old HP08-1 (which is broken...). The other one is just weak. That is why I moved to 2S

Blade MCX, FBL 4G6V-2S Xtreme, FBL 4G6V-1S
Xtreme rewind, FBL 4G6S-1S Bell 222 Darthdark, FBL V120D02S
hjns is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in