Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Electronics

KDS Electronics KDS Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flymentor or gyro problem?

hello everyone hope someone can help me!

i have an kds flymentor 450 heli. Something is wrong an since i am a newbie i have to get som help.

take a look at this video i made.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CedKxzDf_gw[/ame]

it happens every now and then, 1 time per battery.

starts when i lift or when i'am half meter in air.
all the servos goes out of controll, as you can se my controller is on the ground when i film this. to turn this of i have to cut battery.

thanks for any reply.

Harald
graaf33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a difficult one but I would guess this is a power supply problem. Low volts can cause this.
Does it happen when you power up or only when you are trying to fly ?.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It happens when it starts to Lift or when iam half meter in air
graaf33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaf33 View Post
It happens when it starts to Lift or when iam half meter in air
It could be as simple as a faulty battery. You need to temporarily re-wire and get a reciever battery pack so that the pack is powering up the reciever and not the esc.
Or fit a seperate BEC, or fit a new ESC the built in BEC.
It may be that you have a faulty FM but I do not think so.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default known issue

kds anfomred me some time back that its simply that the system does not always initialise ... i found that the issue i had similar to this was that the camera did not see enough contrast ... but typically teh camera was to component that always caused me grief... and often it would take me two or three re-starts to intialise the mentor...i dont use it anymore...its just not reliable enough to have any faith in compared to say teh ZYX for 56 bucks !!

thats was my experience with my KDS .... also now i recall my camera lense covering ...had some scratches on it.. when i got rid of the cler cover it worked fine...as my lense was alittle offset and seemed to pick up the opaque portion of teh proective cover... its a shame you cant leave teh camera unplugged and just utilise teh gyro for stabilisation mode...

cheers
Madryan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madryan View Post
kds anfomred me some time back that its simply that the system does not always initialise ... i found that the issue i had similar to this was that the camera did not see enough contrast ... but typically teh camera was to component that always caused me grief... and often it would take me two or three re-starts to intialise the mentor...i dont use it anymore...its just not reliable enough to have any faith in compared to say teh ZYX for 56 bucks !!

thats was my experience with my KDS .... also now i recall my camera lense covering ...had some scratches on it.. when i got rid of the cler cover it worked fine...as my lense was alittle offset and seemed to pick up the opaque portion of teh proective cover... its a shame you cant leave teh camera unplugged and just utilise teh gyro for stabilisation mode...

cheers
You can leave the camera unplugged and just use balance mode. Many guys have done it.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have same heli but decided to remove the Flymentor. Your video indicates snow on the ground meaning low outside temperatures. FM3 needs at leat 15 min temperature stabilisation before you can fly if you move the heli from warm inhouse temperatures to outside winter conditions. FM is very sensitive to temperatures. I experienced a totally uncontrollable heli exept during warm summer conditions. The KDS 450SV is very stable without the FM3. Remove the FM and enjoy good flying. Good luck. Regards Morvin in Bergen.
Morvin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3G Head

I'm looking for a 3G gyro head for a Flymentor. Mine is kaput and I don't want to have to buy an entire new system to get one. If anyone has a spare or a trashed system with a good gyro unit then I would be interested in it. Email me at m.ladigo@cox.net.
Thanks.
Mike
n1977m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
450 clone, flymentor, gyro, kds, problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in