Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I don't think we helped you any .... put I am willing to take the credit.
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Figures, dam engineer always willing to take the credit
Foxden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ????????

so wuts the deal with rr? i noticed that everyone seems to be over here more,the outrage forum over there seems like a ghost town.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

dam engineers

Old 09-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

statton1,

Team Outrage hangs out here, can't be bothered with dealing with posts about Outrage products and support being closed every time one is opened, a customer created a topic about his Vel 90 and his build and it was closed for no reason, he wasn't a rep just wanted to talk about his machine and his build, I got tired of dealing with the BS over there, I pop on and reply if someone is asking a question but that's about it anymore

This has been our home for years and I support Will and his forum team, they give us a place to call home and allow us to talk about the products and support the people buying and flying them.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Plus I am here.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ok

i see,and now i know. and now back on topic ........... outrage velocity 90 well i no longer have the shakes-gyro situation is sorted out{ wrong input in transmitter},tail gears are wearing themselves in seems to be getting smoother and quieter.

just not liking these canopy pins -with the 5000mah rx lipo it its a pain to get on and off- but owell ill deal with it .

all i have to do now is level the swash tryin to get 0 sub trim,go over all the bolts ,and then go fly her
Old 09-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by statton1 View Post
i see,and now i know. and now back on topic ........... outrage velocity 90 well i no longer have the shakes-gyro situation is sorted out{ wrong input in transmitter},tail gears are wearing themselves in seems to be getting smoother and quieter.

just not liking these canopy pins -with the 5000mah rx lipo it its a pain to get on and off- but owell ill deal with it .

all i have to do now is level the swash tryin to get 0 sub trim,go over all the bolts ,and then go fly her
So you didnt do anything to your tail to releive the tightness?
xfactor6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gears

Never got an answer on this one, I ordered new gears to see if they were maybe cast wrong or something havent received them yet but just wondering if anyone else knew what it could be. The auto gear and the other one for the tail are barely touching.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gears.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	182278  
Old 09-27-2010, 03:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor6 View Post
So you didnt do anything to your tail to releive the tightness?
no i was told to give it a couple flights to wear them in, so far it seems to be working -tail wasnt really tight just a lil noisey,7 flights and it seems to be getting better
Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

well so far justa few little snags during my build, The washout base wasent tapped far enough to fit the 14mm bolts for the arms so I had to drill and tap it out the entire way.
The starter shaft detent wasent cut low enough on the shaft to allow me to snug up the coupler well enough to not allow any clutch bell play. The canopy front holes ( I wish they werent drilled out like the 50 was ) are too far forward and the cano hits the frame before I can align the holes.. I havent decided on how I am going to tackle this one but perhaps I might offset the front cano bracket somehow, I really would rather not drill another set of holes, or culp out the bottom of the canopy to make it work.. all and all.. nothing too major or a dremel couldnt handle. My tail input gears are meshed pretty tight, so I assume its going to sing a little for the first few flights. Triple checking everything in hopes of a maiden flight coming up this weekend at the HF fun fly.. If my truck makes it the 1200 miles..

Last edited by RotaryBliss; 09-27-2010 at 08:14 PM..
RotaryBliss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default yep

Quote:
statton1,

I read you got the vibs worked out, cool, now ya just need to get pimp juice run through it

by now the tail gears should have quieted down and bed in, double check the tail pitch slider assembly it should be nice and smooth as well after some flights.

yep the vibes were the low head speed-tail gears are smoother and quieter.

just one problem ive learned the hard way to make sure all connections are secure-my tail servo came loose in flight -so now she's sitting and wait for her make over- & im going to shoe goo a few connections -and rethink my wiring. and my pre flight now will include a look & check of all connections- id rather crash from dumb thumbs not loose connections or something i should find b4 lift off- o-well

not really mad because this is a 90 size machine i can afford to fix-and have fun doin it .

i almost wanna by another one so that there is no stop in the v90 flyin-come v90 e
Old 10-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor6 View Post
Never got an answer on this one, I ordered new gears to see if they were maybe cast wrong or something havent received them yet but just wondering if anyone else knew what it could be. The auto gear and the other one for the tail are barely touching.
If this is not yet resolved, I sure hope you've called the purchase place by now. From your pictures it looks like the frame was cut wrong. If the dealer doesn't make you whole on this, you should call Helidirect.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello, I have this same problem with the gears as soon as they touch, can be flown as well as they are
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gears.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	183026  
joseca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFG View Post
You need to crank down harder on the lower jesus bolt, the play is actually from the hole in the mainshaft being larger than the jesus bolt shaft.
Any ideas on how to remove this play besides a mast collar? I find it hard to believe that tightening the Jesus bolt on a plastic gear will work for long.
Thanks,
Tone
Team Lynx
tS8103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tS8103 View Post
Any ideas on how to remove this play besides a mast collar? I find it hard to believe that tightening the Jesus bolt on a plastic gear will work for long.
Thanks,
Tone
What i did is to file the holes that hold the last bearing block, up towards the gear a little and then the block was able to be brought up to remove the play.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Th lower bearing block is pressed up tightly against the main gear. There is no vertical play at the main gear, but at the shaft itself. my guess would be that the lower Jesus bolt hole is too big. That would leave my only option is find a larger bolt but that woul mean possibly enlarging the holes in the lower gear and sleeve also, which is what I am trying to avoid.
Thanks,
Tone
Team Lynx
tS8103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tS8103 View Post
Th lower bearing block is pressed up tightly against the main gear. There is no vertical play at the main gear, but at the shaft itself. my guess would be that the lower Jesus bolt hole is too big. That would leave my only option is find a larger bolt but that woul mean possibly enlarging the holes in the lower gear and sleeve also, which is what I am trying to avoid.
Thanks,
Tone
get another shaft?
Old 01-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default issues

its a lil quiet in here ............so has anyone had any further issues since replacing the defected -cheap parts?i havent but i havent flown it since nov 4th,the replacement parts (swash lower half ,new main gear,new tail shaft,main shaft is the same as the one i installed after second gear stripped )are sitting right next to it,dont wanna swap them if the issues are still there. i almost wanna sell it ..................owell
Old 01-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by statton1 View Post
its a lil quiet in here ............so has anyone had any further issues since replacing the defected -cheap parts?i havent but i havent flown it since nov 4th,the replacement parts (swash lower half ,new main gear,new tail shaft,main shaft is the same as the one i installed after second gear stripped )are sitting right next to it,dont wanna swap them if the issues are still there. i almost wanna sell it ..................owell
CHANGE THE TAIL OUTPUT SHAFT!!! the lower swash cup isn't a true 120 it's more like 118.5, Steven didn't notice much difference but I swapped his out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in