Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are a few photos of the install.

It's a rakon frame with a -4mm main shaft. I opted to just bend the A/R guide. Worked out just right. Because the head is lowered, I don't need all the height. I get full cyclic still and full pitch with maybe a mm or two to spare.

I didn't get to do as much flying today as I planned. So I can't give an honest testimonial. I only got a few packs in. I want to do more back to back to give a good testimonial. But I wanted to at least share this much.
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

here some pics how i did it.

Basically its a cutted antirotation bar from an original mainframe, reinforced with some corbon. Then, i cutted 2 pieces of 0.2mm thik carbon with a width of 3.5mm (same as the rear carbon parts of the rakonheli tailboom mount). On each of both, using a rakonheli carbonpiece as jig, i drilled 2 holes. Then i fitted the so created carbonparts between the rear frame parts and the tailboom clamp, going upwards direction swash. At this point i balanced well the a/r bar between the 2 carbon pieces, and then glued with some CA. Waited, taken apart the whole thing, glued some more and then, after curing, sanded down to make the complete bar look nice.

The pin in the Swash is a 1.2mm screw cutted down and wraped into a straw from an spray (some sort of oil). The head of the screw is then "dremeld" down to make it fit into the ball link. And it fits perfect, it even does the "click" sound when pressing the ball link onto the head of the screw

Felice
felice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Exactly what I was thinking to try once my current a/r pin breaks off (which btw has survived yet another nasty spill yesterday). Simply replace the ball with a long bolt and shape the head for the link. I think this will be a solution I'll be good and satisfied with. Thanks for sharing.
Micro-Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Someone needs to find a US source for that longer 1.2mm screw.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-Maniac View Post
Exactly what I was thinking to try once my current a/r pin breaks off (which btw has survived yet another nasty spill yesterday). Simply replace the ball with a long bolt and shape the head for the link. I think this will be a solution I'll be good and satisfied with. Thanks for sharing.
It shouldn't really matter for you...those royalty checks from Microheli should start rolling in tomorrow, right?
boltsinneck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

something telling i just found at microheli.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH-MCPX005BX_l.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	290479  
Griff1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like MH is coming out with a whole new "X" frame set sporting a rear A/R, dampened board mount, etc.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got to put some packs back to back. Prior to this I thought it was just me causing my bird to flip out of axis. Well it wasn't. This mod really makes a difference and I'm assuming is going to be very cost effective.

Dylan
Old 02-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did a rear AR setup and it made mine twist even more when doing hard fore/aft pulls.

Not sure why, but I since went back to stock and it's better again. It still twists, but very little compared to the AR pin off the back.

Did I miss something?
CousinLarry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can you take and post a picture of what you did?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry View Post
I did a rear AR setup and it made mine twist even more when doing hard fore/aft pulls.

Not sure why, but I since went back to stock and it's better again. It still twists, but very little compared to the AR pin off the back.

Did I miss something?
Yea i did one too.. mine looks really quite fail... it worked... so i thought... then i did some hard push/pulls and it goes left while i do it... not sure if its twisting but it does move... i think ill just place an order on the MH x frame and ball screw for my mh swash... ps. how do i get the old CF rod out of the Swashplate?
anjoi666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 AM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should be able to just twist it out with a pair of pliers.

And yeah I'll be getting all the new MicroHeli bits myself as soon as they come available (upper bearing block, rear guide pin, reverse servo stand-offs, dampened 3-n-1 mount). Lots of new X version upgrade goodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxrS_...lYjXUcfNdfsl29

Last edited by Micro-Maniac; 03-06-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Old 03-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is what I did:

After I posted pic, someone told me to take off the side guide, so I sliced that off and just left the rear guide.. While hovering was OK, any foward flight and pulling/pushing on the cyclic resulted in a hard corkscrew of the heli.

I even layed some CF tube along side the guide and epoxied it to be sure that the guide was completely stiff and not flexing..
Not good results! Good thing the frames are only $6. so it's not an expensive experiment

I'm willing to re-visit it if I did something wrong because I do notice the slight twist even stock.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

Problem is that everything is sold out at MH. I'm also not looking to spend too much. Is your mod available for sale yet Dylan?
Supaplums is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

As a matter of fact it is, cheap too. Ill have the Delrin ARB relocators for the MH frames soon too, that move the ARB up 2.5mm and out 1.5mm for clearance on the relocated pin.

Dylan
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CousinLarry,

I really don't see anything wrong as long as the pin is straight, the guide is straight in line with the main shaft, and the side guide is disabled. You still observe the swash twist on the bench?

But even with the swash twist I don't really think it should cause a "hard" corkscrew. It should really only introduce enough roll to be an annoyance to have to correct for during hard elevator input. So maybe you have something else going on?

I really don't see anything wrong in the pic.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Micro-Maniac - yeah.. I don't know.. The guide is straight and true, I had a CF tube to hold it tight... Not sure..

Anyways, back to stock and back to flying well.. If those MX X-frames get good reviews, maybe I'll get one of those at some point and try it again.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shoot Dylan, I just had an order shipped out yesterday I think and I want one of these too.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's the ETA on the relocators? I guess I should order all that stuff at once.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

Has anyone had perfect results from moving the AR pin to the rear and disabling the side AR pin? I just wonder if HH compensated for this swash twist in the software. If they did then trying to correct it in hardware isn't going to work as we'd like.

YMMV, Don
dbennettya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in