Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by questerng View Post
Did you mount the A/R guide permanently?

I put the new plastic guide down in my MH frame and glued it to the top edges of the frame.. It can cut free from the frame easily enough if necessary.

Micro-Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't been able to fly it yet.. Snow all day yesterday, freezing rain all day today, no access to good indoor. I don't know when I'm going to get to fly it.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-Maniac View Post
I haven't been able to fly it yet.. Snow all day yesterday, freezing rain all day today, no access to good indoor. I don't know when I'm going to get to fly it.
Looking forward to your flight report..

I'm sure now it will just flip on axle..
Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my mod fitted to a stock frame.
Used a broken frames A/R guide, Female battery adapter I had lying around, and half a pitch link.

I cut the frame nearest the tail boom mount to make the connector fit flat against the frame. I also put a small slit on the back side of the connector so it would sit in the boom mount. I basically wrapped the guide to the connector with dental floss and CA'd it to the frame. I used half a pitch link as I did not have any cf rod small enough. The CA is holding fine as I did a good bit of ruff tugging. Test flight tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327022925.995223.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	282157   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327022945.731587.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	282158   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327022968.781728.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	282159   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327022998.302718.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	282160  
Old 01-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

have you bench tested? I figure two could cause some binding
pakk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bench tested perfectly. I monitored the movement closely, and it did not bind at all. I spent around 5 whole minutes looking at the whole assembly and moving it around. As soon as I can verify the strength of the rear setup, I will cut the other guide off.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I cut off the other guide, and it really does need to move freely. With it on, there is no binding, but it moves the actual guide around a lot. Also you need the new modified guide fairly high , or you will slightly bind the swash up when you are full up collective with cyclic full forward. It actually sits not too far from the grip.

Had to add another connector I raise it. I will JB weld for strength and fly it tomorrow. Bench test and indoor hover looks good so far
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327026115.649545.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	282184  
Old 01-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm confined to just hovering in a very small space until this weather clears up. Looks like you're going to get to test it out before I can. Good luck to you.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the idea with the connector. I think I will try the same for my c05m bird with its stock frame. As for my hp05, I have a microheli frame on it with a rkh tail boom mount, and Im not sure how I would do this on it, without making it not removable (it would have to be epoxied to the carbon fiber, so it would cost me another 5$ to get new cf sides if I ever wanted it removed. Not too bad I guess).

Other thing about my hp05 bird, it has a microheli swash, and I would rather not permanently attach something to the back of it.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear you about the swash, which is why I used the pitch link and CA (which is on there pretty well, even after I gave it some hard stress tugs). I can merely cut it off and replace. If anything, if the mod didn't work out all you would have is a spare rod sticking out the back you could cut off. And as a bonus your rear mounting ball wouldnt fall off, lol.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's another pic of mine. MH frame and swash as well..

Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz91 View Post
I like the idea with the connector. I think I will try the same for my c05m bird with its stock frame. As for my hp05, I have a microheli frame on it with a rkh tail boom mount, and Im not sure how I would do this on it, without making it not removable (it would have to be epoxied to the carbon fiber, so it would cost me another 5$ to get new cf sides if I ever wanted it removed. Not too bad I guess).

Other thing about my hp05 bird, it has a microheli swash, and I would rather not permanently attach something to the back of it.
Maybe Dylan can make a mounting block out of delrin that can be screwed into the RKH tail boom. Once mounted to the tail boom (drilling required), the mounting block would have screw holes that line with the delrin A/R bracket he currently makes.
Also, if he can CNC tiny aluminum parts (or knows somebody that can), just make a swash ball with the threaded shaft a few millimeters longer, so it protrudes out the back. Then make a hollow A/R pin threaded to go onto that.
The only problem I see with this is that it may not work with the shortened (lowered) shafts...I'm not sure though.
boltsinneck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsinneck View Post
Maybe Dylan can make a mounting block out of delrin that can be screwed into the RKH tail boom. Once mounted to the tail boom (drilling required), the mounting block would have screw holes that line with the delrin A/R bracket he currently makes.
Also, if he can CNC tiny aluminum parts (or knows somebody that can), just make a swash ball with the threaded shaft a few millimeters longer, so it protrudes out the back. Then make a hollow A/R pin threaded to go onto that.
The only problem I see with this is that it may not work with the shortened (lowered) shafts...I'm not sure though.

I really, really like this idea.

Oh Dylan, where are you...?!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here's another pic of mine. MH frame and swash as well..
Looks a little less complicated than mine, haha. I just JB welded all over the connectors and some of the frame on mine, im hoping it holds up to the 3D task tomorrow. Hopefully your experience goes well also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsinneck View Post
just make a swash ball with the threaded shaft a few millimeters longer, so it protrudes out the back. Then make a hollow A/R pin threaded to go onto that.
I thought of the same thing. I wonder if you could special request microheli to make longer threaded balls. Hell maybe even a custom made swash of sorts.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunjah413 View Post
Hell maybe even a custom made swash of sorts.
They're both missing a heck of a chance if they don't.
MicroHeli needs upgrade that tail boom block for the slippage problem anyway. Just make an aluminum block that holds and put a mounting tab for their A/R bracket on it...then install Dylan's bracket anyway.
They could offer the swash and the new tail boom block as a kit.
RKH could offer a kit as well. The new swash and the upper bearing race (with the bracket). I'd think that they would want to go with a front mounted A/R pin for simplicity of design and not have that "me too" look.
boltsinneck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I braved the cold and burned 4 batteries through my mcpx this morning and it flies perfect. Flips were perfectly axial. Every maneuver crisp and true to my input. Love it.

HP05 was a little less powerful than I was expecting but then I was running 300mah batts in 20° weather. I had to be careful not to bog it too much or it would go into LVC. I have a couple Hyperion 550s still in packaging but I want make sure this V2 board pans out before I go soldering plugs and stuff on it. So far so good.

I was worried about going brushless with SR120 tail on a V2 board but the tail behaves great even with a stock SR120 prop. I'll have to mooch a Plantraco off superjet112x to try until mine arrive.

>
Old 01-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I braved the cold and burned 4 batteries through my mcpx this morning and it flies perfect. Flips were perfectly axial. Every maneuver crisp and true to my input. Love it.

HP05 was a little less powerful than I was expecting but then I was running 300mah batts in 20° weather. I had to be careful not to bog it too much or it would go into LVC. I have a couple Hyperion 550s still in packaging but I want make sure this V2 board pans out before I go soldering plugs and stuff on it. So far so good.

I was worried about going brushless with SR120 tail on a V2 board but the tail behaves great even with a stock SR120 prop. I'll have to mooch a Plantraco off superjet112x to try until mine arrive.

>

Will be hitting the hobbystore in half an hr meet me there
Blade 180 cfx ,Blade mcpx
Trex 150
superjet112x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wanna say good job do Micro-Maniac again, this mod definitely works great.

I took it outside and beat it up real good. Piro flips, Tic tocs, constant hard flips, and she holds and performs great. Flips stay on axis very nicely, especially when doing long rainbows and such.

I was really surprised at how much less stress is actually put on the rear guide in comparison to the side mounted guide. Alot less movement in comparison. If you watch the stock A/R Pin on the swash after doing this mod, your mind will get blown on how much it moves.

Seeing as there is less stress, the pitch link i cut and mounted to the swash with CA is holds great, so I don't think ill be changing that out to CF rod until It breaks or wears out.

Last few pics of the finished setup incase anyone wants an idea for the stock frame. The guide is tied to the metal prongs of the connector. Easy to swap out if for some reason it gets damaged. Im sure there may be a better way to mount this on the stock frame, but hey it was basically free for myself. Never throw away old parts!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks pretty clean to me. Good job.

And you're right about the stresses on the a/r.. There's virtually none if the pin is properly in line with the swash axis.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think Ill do this to my c05m bird since its using the stock frame. Not sure about how I would do this with the rkh rear of the frame =/

Dylan should get something made for this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in