Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trex 600esp

OK I have been flying helis for quite some time but my larger birds have always been fuel but recently I have been thinking about the ease of electric due to time ect. I have a chance to buy a older new never built trex 600 esp metal head torque tube tail . The kit comes with motor and esc + carbon blades . would this be a good deal at $200 and it still be a viable heli or should I purchase a brand new version
motorhead540 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Depends what you want. If you fly 3D then go for 12S setup as it is more powerful... If you fly sport...or Scale then this is one of the best platforms ever.... 200$ is a good price for such helicopter...

Gh
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you decide you aren't interested, I'll take it! Like GH said, you can build it up as is, or modify it to run 12S. The ESP has the higher tail ratio, which helps when running lower headspeeds. Parts are still plentiful too.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

so I would assume that it would be a pretty good deal for me to go after as I still don't "3d" well anyway. I fly pretty good most upright orentations and can do some inverted hover, a loop or a roll once in a while maybe a back or forward flip buy no heavy or super fast 3d moves yet ! maybe sometime in the future but for now I enjoy being able to get out and fly once in a while without spending all my time fighting nitro fuel system issues that arise from setting to long between flights or usage due to our hecktic schedules , I need to call this guy
motorhead540 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

$200 is about the going rate for the older 6HV's - Fusions - 550/600 trex airframes...ect....

They dont last long because someone grabs up just for the spares....
What sweetens the deal is the 'extra' s thrown in - sometimes those can add up to hundreds on their own - so if you can multi task those extras....

Although they go quick I'm sure a WTB ad would net any older airframe you could think of - but in the end - the old 600 aligns are gonna have part sources - forever.....

-
Old 09-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The old Esp is probably one of the most modded helis in existence by guys who have owned them or still do. The aftermarket is full of stuff to improve and or repair them. Such as the RJX fbl head at Hobbyking for just over $60 that is simply amazing for the money. They also have dirt cheap parts available for every aspect of that heli. It also takes the direct servo to swash mod with little effort and is easily changed over to 12s. Companies such as KDE also have upgrade main gear sets. RcTek has some super cool parts for them also.

Three guys at our field still fly Esp based helis, including myself. All that is somewhat factory are the modified frame halves. The rest is aftermarket, and they fly extremely well.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Couldn't agree more, upgraded mine a while back to FLB and still love the heli.......even @ 6S.....
Old 11-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
Couldn't agree more, upgraded mine a while back to FLB and still love the heli.......even @ 6S.....
Still rockin my 6s ESP
Old 11-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with everything already said in this thread.
$200 for the combo that you are getting is a great price.

The only thing you will need to finish it off is servos and a BEC
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got an old ESP with a DSP FBL Head and Beast X controller. (Did I miss any acronyms?)

I've got two spare frames; 1 with the bearings pressed in and one without, and a lot of other spare parts. I've been riding on the fence to keep or sell. I'd need more than $200 though. Flys solid on 6s.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4518.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	621078   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4522.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	621079  

I always have fun. Some times are more fun than others.
I can't remember half the crap I forgot.
strat1960s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat1960s View Post
I've got an old ESP with a DSP FBL Head and Beast X controller. (Did I miss any acronyms?)

I've got two spare frames; 1 with the bearings pressed in and one without, and a lot of other spare parts. I've been riding on the fence to keep or sell. I'd need more than $200 though. Flys solid on 6s.
very nice looking bird
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in