Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters

Miniature Aircraft Helicopters Stratus, Spectra G, Furion, Ion-X, Bobby Watts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Newbie question about MA

Built a few aligns........I'm getting tired of shooty parts.

Can someone who has had or has both please give me your opinion on build quality between the two.

From what a buddy tells me. The MA is miles ahead in quality and build

Got my finger on the trigger for a fury 55
browndog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can only speak for the 450s.
Look at the Furion 450 build thread and look how much thought has gone into making it.
You've built the Align and it almost takes voodoo to get them smooth. The screws are prone to eating the plastic on the anti-rotation bracket and nose/battery tray.

My Furion was the smoothest running heli I've seen and heard, from the initial build to maiden it was just so easy and went together beautifully - it is just so well made.
Your friend is correct, The quality really is in another league and for the price I can't believe they aren't bigger than Align.

Another thing to consider, try emailing Align for support vs MA.
Mr James of Miniatureaircraft personally responded in a thread I posted a few days ago and offered help with getting my Furion back up which literally blew me away.

Quote: "we take care of our customers! Send me an email brian.james@miniatureaircraftusa.com, with the parts you need, and we'll see if we can come up with a way to get that Furion 450 back in the air. "

If you have a friend with an MA heli, take a look and concentrate on the details.

One last thing, parts costs, Main shafts for the MA 450 = $10.43 for 4.
Main shafts for the 450 Pro = $9.99 for 2

Hope this helps.
Cascade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i too have a furion 450 and a trex 450 sport, i like the furion more, i agree 100% with cascade the parts fit is superb the customer service is 10 steps above excellent, and mine flies brilliantly, ma have been around for a long time and are well respected, parts prices are comparable to align and sometimes better value. you wont go wrong choosing an m.a. product
anthony1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Furion 6. I think the quality is simply superior to any other helicopter I've built. Everything just fit. Support... MA is here, they answer E-mails, they answer their phone.

Just this week, I ordered a new swashplate assembly for my F6 from a different vendor and it came with the swivel block (Heim Ball) way too tight. It wouldn't break in. I called MA and was told to send it to them and Brian said they'd replace it for me. I never ordered it from them, either!!

In the process, Brian apologized profusely. I ordered another one from them (figuring I'd get it quicker if I did that) I called and got Jeff to tell MA of my order. Apparently in the 15 minutes it took to register, place the order, and think to call, Brian told Jeff. Jeff assembles the swashplates. Jeff apologized as well. I told him not to feel bad and that this stuff happens.

I've never met Brian and Jeff, but just from talking to them on the phone, these guys are class acts. They stand behind what they build with the integrity that should be the model for all companies, not just hobby-related ones.

Have no fear... Miniature Aircraft is here. (Okay, so that's my take)

Scott

PS I have no relationship with Miniature Aircraft USA other than being an extremely satisfied customer.

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the Fury 55 it is great in every way. Over the years I have had many brands of helis and I have always wanted to try the MA line. I regret not getting one sooner, they are very nice.
1800BIGK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in