Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 300x RELEASE PUSHED BACK TILL MAY OR JUNE

Just read that 300x is being pushed back. Hopefully If no more problems there gonna start mass probuction soon. They found some issues to fix before production begins. Looks like its gonna be a while before there ready to ship from China nevermind show up in us to ship to vendors. I was so hoping to see one end of April. We might not see them till June unless they get lucky and everything goes smooth. Now I gotta look for another project .. maybe 600

Last edited by The Dentman; 04-02-2012 at 08:31 PM..
The Dentman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bittersweet for me...I considered the 300 to play with ...figured I was getting the beast with a $150 play toy to bash on

Ultimately I see this heli needing almost as much space as a 450 so this may be what I need to start my 450 project
photocycler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like I said it will have issues. This is actually Good news for the beta testers(pre-orders). This shows that HH is on it. 20 bucks says it is the tail! I bet the boys at HH will go though the first batch personally and thats the hold up.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I would rather of them push it back in get this thing right .
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

True that, I'll just play with my 450x for now!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fun with speculation. We may never know.. I put my guess into something even more specific than tail. How are those pinch rollers bearings holding up. They have constant pressure at one angle, (unlike the tail shaft), are also very small and thus have to spin really fast..

I guess this is a similar design as the protos, but I've never seen this in person. So the other question I have is, how does this setup tolerate the 90 degree twist that the belt needs to have?

Just curious.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure what you're getting at with the belt twist thing but the belt on my converted SR had no issues with the twist. I doubt the tail had anything to do with this delay, it seemed to worked fine in all the videos and if there was a design issue it would've been seen in flight.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the problems are due to production issues, not to the helicopter itself. That's my understanding from David (Dribbe), the product developer:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=392594&page=5

Do I understand this correctly?

Chep
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bottom line is they have a problem and its getting pushed back. Could be a problem with production line. Or problem with heli once its mass produced meaning there not happy with it. It really don't matter to me either way since I have no clue .. as a consumer which 99% of forum is means we are out of luck for a while it seems.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chep View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the problems are due to production issues, not to the helicopter itself. That's my understanding from David (Dribbe), the product developer:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=392594&page=5

Do I understand this correctly?

Chep
I think you will be hard pressed to get the real truth about why production has been postponed. Just be happy that in the end you will end up with a bird free of bugs. Hopefuly we can have it before the flying season ends for most of the country.
I'm in sunny Southern Cali so I dont have to worry about weather most of the time.
However, I do care if a heli doesnt fly correctly because of bad design. Looks like since HH hasnt figured out a way to control the weather, there going to try and make sure everyone gets an excellent BLADE 300X out of the box. I cant get mad at them for that. They deserve applause...
glarepro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by glarepro View Post
I think you will be hard pressed to get the real truth about why production has been postponed. Just be happy that in the end you will end up with a bird free of bugs. Hopefuly we can have it before the flying season ends for most of the country.
I'm in sunny Southern Cali so I dont have to worry about weather most of the time.
However, I do care if a heli doesnt fly correctly because of bad design. Looks like since HH hasnt figured out a way to control the weather, there going to try and make sure everyone gets an excellent BLADE 300X out of the box. I cant get mad at them for that. They deserve applause...
I totally agree.
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think I've ever gotten a new product that was released on time. I'm sure there's alot of products that get released on time but it seems the ones I want always get kicked back weeks and months. Either way I don't think were gonna hear anything until there on the boat coming from china to HH. Once on the boat I wonder how long till we see them or our lhs ??
Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dentman View Post
Once on the boat I wonder how long till we see them or our lhs ??
Shipments from China via slow-boat usually take around 3 weeks.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

While I'm bummed, the reality of the situation for me is that I'm not a good enough pilot for the 300X anyway. With only a month under my belt on the mCPx these extra 6+ weeks will probably double my skills and give the 300X a better chance of survival.

On a side note, anybody else do a comparison of the 300 to the 450X, on paper the 450X doesn't seem all that much larger. At one poiint I almost talked myself into bypassing the 300X and going to the 450X. The rotor span and overall length are not that much different, 28.4 vs 21.7 on rotor and 25.8 vs 20.1 on overall length.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unless space is crucial if say go for the 450. The size difference isn't that much and the parts are likely to be so closely priced that it's not worth basin the decision on. The 450 will be more stable and slightly less twitchy as well as a little easier to see and orient with.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree just get a 450X if your goal is to fly bigger heli's. No use creating another stepping stone for no real point unless you are very limited in flying space.

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thing is - where do you stop? A 50 or 90 size heli is arguably a better learners heli than a 450 as it is easier to fly in all respects - but it is a lot more intimidating, expensive to repair and potentially dangerous.

Small helis can cover a huge amount of ground very quickly - dont think you need less space just coz they're smaller - flying any heli in a small space needs a lot of skill.

Dont think a 250 or 300 will be a safe toy either - when out of control can still do a lot of damage - cars, fingers, eyes......

An MCPX is great for learning - learning to hover or learning to do less demanding 3D moves - its great (especially with decent lipos).

I'll be buying a 300 X as soon as I can and it'll probably get flown as much as my 90, 50 or MCPX - cant wait (but have to....).
mikeycts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycts View Post
Thing is - where do you stop? A 50 or 90 size heli is arguably a better learners heli than a 450 as it is easier to fly in all respects - but it is a lot more intimidating, expensive to repair and potentially dangerous.

Small helis can cover a huge amount of ground very quickly - dont think you need less space just coz they're smaller - flying any heli in a small space needs a lot of skill.

Dont think a 250 or 300 will be a safe toy either - when out of control can still do a lot of damage - cars, fingers, eyes......

An MCPX is great for learning - learning to hover or learning to do less demanding 3D moves - its great (especially with decent lipos).

I'll be buying a 300 X as soon as I can and it'll probably get flown as much as my 90, 50 or MCPX - cant wait (but have to....).
450 is a good size, as it has a combination of very good flying characteristics, at a price point that doesn't break the bank when you crash. For me, I prefer to have at least a soccer field size area to do FFF passes, big 8's etc with a 450..
Yes, a very skilled pilot could do with much less space..

I think with the 300x I'll be able to do FFF in a softball field outfield sized area, which is smaller than a soccer field.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly my 450 in a baseball field, plenty of room
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
I fly my 450 in a baseball field, plenty of room
What he said. I fly my 450X at a local park baseball field. Plenty of room for me. By the time it gets from one end of the outfield to the other it's getting pretty damn hard to see anyways.
Kumba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in