Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which bearings are the ones to replace?

Citlzen #006 • Blade 360 CFX • Goblin 500 • Blade 700X
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Which bearings are the ones to replace?
I believe the two 1.5x4x2 flange bearings on the tail shaft.
Beaver Rat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver Rat View Post
I believe the two 1.5x4x2 flange bearings on the tail shaft.
Tail output shaft is very loose in the stock flange bearings. I'm sure an upgraded set will help w/ vibes...
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool, now maybe can we add the manual gyro setup to that?
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Got a link to the bearings you used?
I think these two would be nice:
http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...F681XZZ-15x4x2
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit13912
liftbag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Output Shaft Replacement Bearings....

You can purchase these flanged bearings (SF681XZZ) from MMB Bearings in Mooresville, NC. They are higher quality Japanese SS ABEC 3 and are much tighter (between ball races) then those stock Chinese ones! There is no more forward aft play with them installed.

I live just about 3 miles from the place and they stopped the vibration for me! The total cost was $15.00.

Michael
hpilotrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

same berings here with free shipping so it might work out the same after shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SF681XZZ-Fla...-/400280248587
soupy01833 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In all honesty while some folks are getting theirs good it is my opinion HH should do a total recall on this heli, and re release when it is actually a 289 buck heli, far to much effing around by far too many hard working people to see so much wrong with it...

Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
In all honesty while some folks are getting theirs good it is my opinion HH should do a total recall on this heli, and re release when it is actually a 289 buck heli, far to much effing around by far too many hard working people to see so much wrong with it...

+1

I spent over a year modding and building parts for Walkera micros to get them to work well, and this 130x has brought back many not so fond memories in the past couple of days.
I thought Walkera's poor quality could not be beat, until I saw the 130x tail that is.....
Threw a tail blade that almost took out my eye...
Bearings with more play than I've ever seen....
Pitch slider that broke while test hovering....
Just poor execution.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

see a no bearing mod here...

helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=432567
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm so mad. If a HH rep must post troubleshooting for this new heli. WHY DID THEY RELEASE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. There have been reports of tailblades flying off, I mean come on! QC, ever heard of it? mcpx v1 all over again....
tommeke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol I had a mcpx v1 first day it came out and never had any problems, also have a blade 130x first few days it came out with no problems .

No matter what helicopter / brand you have there is going to be worked out why do u think align made a 250 se v2 lol major tail problems
Helistyle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soljkaer20 View Post
Hi Guys,

Here are some tips we have.

Motor Temperatures
The motor temp is warm but well within an acceptable range for a brushless motor. The motor temperature is approximately 160 degrees Fahrenheit depending on ambient temp. A high performance motor does generate heat. As with ALL electric motors, it is advised to allow the motor to cool between flights.

Thanks,
James
I'm measuring 180 to 185 deg F after 4 min of mild 3D. Ambient is 75 to 80 deg F.

Should I be concerned?
jon302v8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon302v8 View Post
I'm measuring 180 to 185 deg F after 4 min of mild 3D. Ambient is 75 to 80 deg F.

Should I be concerned?
I would say yes. Make sure nothing is binding and that you've lubed things up bearing wise.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is some good news and some bad...

The good news is I had a chance to fly with Manny this morning and took my new 130X for him to really fly her out to see what happened. Mind you, this heli (of 3 that I have) had only 3 flights total and several bladeless spin ups to balance the heli before he flew her. I even had the spool up vibration at a minimum with proper blade balancing. Anyway, he really flew her hard and did pretty much all of the manuevers he does with any of his helis including 180* tic-tocs. Man was that a blast to watch. Unfortunately, about 2 1/2 mins into the flight the bad news came.

The bad. After the 2+ mins of all out 3D, the heli all of sudden started climbing straight up and had no control. He had to hit TH from about 25ft to keep the heli from flying off into nowhere. :eek:. After inspection this is what we found. The plastic tail drive gear was rubbing on the back of the elevator servo from all of the frame flexing during his 3D routine. This caused the FET to overheat and lock out the servo. We strongly suspect this because the servo right after picking the heli up was frozen. After a few seconds of handling to look for damage, it all of sudden started working again. Probably due to cooling off. There was also black residue from the gear rubbing on the servo board and there were marks on the plastic gear as well. What the heck Horizon??? Anyway the total damage is elevator servo, rotorhead, blades and dogbone link. Bummer.

After this mishap, I shaved down my other gears so there is ample clearance for the FET no matter what. I also noticed that the front metal drive gear is starting to show wear in the "D" that holds the drive shaft that is causing some slop in the drive. I think it is a result of the "Horizon approved" horrendous tail vibration.

Hey HH, how about sending all of us some modified crown gears and better tail shaft bearing to keep our helis from flying off??? Sheesh...Just as bad as that MCPX blade grip bearing thing. Oh wait, this vibration seems to be a bearing issue as well. Hmmm...

So, I replaced the tail shaft bearings with a set of V120D02 ones and what do you know? No vibrations. Great. This definitley means the bearings that come with the heli are not very good if even Walkera bearings work better. Crazy. Anyway, I suspect its more than just the bearings since there is a lot of play between the shaft and the inner bearing race. It seems that the tail shaft is too small in diameter by just a touch. There is no play in my V120 so I know its not the bearing size. They are all standard flanges. Even the blade bearings I just removed have no play on my V120 tail shaft. Looks like a little re-tooling from HH is needed.

However, like I posted, that first 2+ mins of flight were awesome. Until...
Darryl Fujihara is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've seen this movie before... I was an early adopter of MCPX V1 and Walkera V120D02 V1. They both had early production and design issues.

Horizon replaced my MCPX V1 blade grips and that heli is still one of my favorites.

Walkera left me in the dust by _immediately_ bringing out a V2 (killing my V1 resale value) and offering no help for the V1 beta testers.

I expected early 130X issues... but I still bought. I think HH will make it right in the end. I'm no Manny so the 130X flies great for me right now...
jon302v8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crap! I should have read this stuff before I ordered one
I hope HH will take care of us!

J
FLYGUY 11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYGUY 11 View Post
Crap! I should have read this stuff before I ordered one
I hope HH will take care of us!

J

+1 plz HH!!
KableGuy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be interesting to know if HH made a call over to our little chinese friends and said "Hey, we got some things to fix"

I do find it interesting that HH has not made any more comments on this thread..........................Hmmmmmmmm

I remember the MCPX ver 1 when blades were flying off and they went ahead and made a change in build.
browndog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only issue (so far) was broken pin on the tail pitch slider, after 1 flight, no crash. Luckily, was able to land without it losing control. Called HH, told them about it, and they responded "Man, not sure how that could happen, we test flight every heli that goes out..". Am I the only one thinking this is total BS?? I wasn't going to argue, they did agree to send me a replacement part. Yes, I should have said, "Do you guys ever read the forums?". I'm loyal to HeliFreak, but looking at other forums (such as 'RR'), we are not the only ones having these same problems! For the most part, I assume different people on there; just think of the other heli website forums!
Here's a challenge for you HH, please reply - how long do you (factory) actually 'test fly' these things, if at all!
Dribbe, others???
Myriad of Blade helis - Fusion 270/360/480

Last edited by basmo; 07-09-2012 at 09:53 PM..
basmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in