Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2015, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Houston

Back last September I relocated to Houston TX for work. So I know much of nothing here. Not so much of a change for me as we can from out in the country Ms. I enjoy all rc hobbies nearly, but my passion is the helicopters. Ive been flying kinda off and on for 4 years now. Still have a loooooong way to go. Im industrial maitenance slash certified welder by trade, so working on my toys I enjoy almost as much as operating them. I love the tedious intricacies of our models and the steady hand needed to work on them. My mind goes to a place very similar to the place it goes when Game of Thrones is on the TV. Anyways, moving to Houston made me very excited to meet a bunch of heli peeps at the fields and visit all the wonderfull hobbie shops around that have all heli parts in stock for the big brands. Boy was I let down. Ive been to about half the shops. All i see is a few blades, not even align. I have yet to meet anyone who flys a heli. Looks like mostly everyone is into planes here. On the other hand, Sunday is my only day off which kinda limits my searching. Now back in January i did visit the best one ive found so far. Its address says Spring TX, but its pretty much in yhe woodlands. The name is "Remote Control Hobbies Spring". Very nice people. They were having a drawing which my gf and myself entered. No purchase necessary. All they wanted was for us tho give a review on google or yelp. Good or bad, and they would enter our info into the raffle. What do you know, my gf won. She recieved a 350qx 2 ap package. Camera is ok, but the gimble is good and it flys damn great, for what i was expecting.

I dont have nearly as many helis as i need. Im working on that tho. My biggest is a goby 500. The fleet consist of: trex 450 se v2 up dated to sport and dfc head which needs some shims to get the slop out. This is my oldest of my collection. Trex 450l dominator 6s. Trex 100. One of those mall paper weights about a 100 or so in size. Walkera 250? Might be 200. 350 qx2, yea she let me have it. Nano qx. I have seaveral engines and engine parts for planes, but no planes yet. 4 traxxas maxx, 3 nitro (old style) 1 brushless. Wow @ the power. I will literally destroy its own drivetrain. Last us a losi night crawler for tormenting the gf.

Thanks for listening. If anyone is in or near Houston I would really like to have a flying buddy.
Pwolfe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in