Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Guys!

Just when I thought I had it solved!

Here's what's going on now:

#1 - Constant tail wag on the heli. I am using a Futaba S9254 Digital Servo and have my limit set to 120, as it used to be 100, but I am getting wag on both settings. Never had this issue before and don't know how to troubleshoot such. Using a DX6i Transmitter. Servo is working fine, belt tension is tight.....Please see video

#2 - I thought I was done with the WHOOP WHOOP sound from the blades, but if you listen at the 2nd take off in the video shot I took at around 38-39 seconds, you clearly hear the change in sound of the blades cutting through the air and my control of the bird quickly became impaired.

Help!!!

Appreciate you all!

Kefir

KefirHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Please supply gear ratio ....
Belt to tight/lose ??
Belt twisted in the right direction ??
Inspect belt/gear for missing "teeth" (Front & Back)
Inspect belt for "stretch"
Belt guides ("rollers") sitting perpendicalar to the main frame ??
Disconect pushrod from servo and check manually - "no binding"
Stattic precautions taken ? (grounding of tail/boom/motor) ??
Setup Gy 401 in Rate mode then switch to H/H and only then play with gain

בהצלחה !!!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

#2 - I thought I was done with the WHOOP WHOOP sound from the blades, but if you listen at the 2nd take off ,.........

My previos post is relavant , but after a brain storm.......

You are suffering the "CLASSICAL" WHAA WHaaa'S of the Raptor

The below was taken from another forum .....

I passed this info on to the Raptorcize web site, but this info may help some people here. When I turned my Raptor 30 into a 50 I put in a OS50 engine. The chopper flew great, but anything from 1/2 cyclic/throttle down gave nasty whaa whaa's. After some fiddling around and discussions with OS and Heliproz I ended up checking the main mast for up and down play. I found a small bit of play and re-adjusted the top collar to remove all play. I did it myself, but 2 people would have made it a ton easier. Anyway, that cleared up the problem. For a sanity check I purposefully loosened my Shuttle 30 collar about the same amount and test flew it. The same type whaa whaa's appeared. After readjusting the Shuttle collar following the experiment the whaa whaa's went away.
The root cause for the whaa whaa's seems to be oscillation of the pitch due to the main mast moving up and down. Without the throttle following the pitch changes this loading and unloading of the engine would change engine rpm.
And there you have it, the whaa whaa's.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My Brother,

The internet is an amazing place.....and so are you. Thank you for your recommendations and the time taken in researching my issue.

To answer your questions in a previous post:

1. Gear Ratio is Main Gear: 85T / Engine Pinion Gear: 10T
2. Belt tension is perfect not too tight, not too loose.
3. Belt twisted correctly w/tail spinning counter-clockwise to main rotors
4. I need to inspect belt for missing teeth and stretch, although these parts are new and nothing caught my eye on the previous rebuild.
5. Belt guides and idle pulley correctly installed and lubricated.
6. Static precautions NOT taken. I will spray belt with silicone spray. Please advise on proper grounding of tail-boom & motor
7. GY401 into Rate mode and switching it to H/H is a little advanced for me, but I will investigate on how to perform this.

Read that great post you typed out. I checked my mainshaft + mainshaft collar and there is NO play there whatsoever. The main gear itself has a little play up and down between the 2 e-rings that hold it on its collar, but there is nothing I can do about that since that's the factory design of the piece.

Toda al kol ha ezrah gever! (Hebrew fellas for, "Thank you for all the help, gentleman.")

Kefir
KefirHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default issue

I had the same issue. After much fault/s chasing I took the sensible approach and redid the curves throttle and pitch from scratch after re doing the manual stup of blades, paddles links etc. retuned the engine and redid geometry on Throttle linkages. problem solved

I believe it was simply the curves.

Its often better to clear the heli settings in the radio redo the mechanicals from scratch then enter the radio settings clean. I have been amazed how some dumba..d miss setting crept in over time (ie after minor crashes, quick rebuild etc) you end up taking up some fault slack with a slight adjustment.
My last fault chasing exersize left me with a cantankerous heli which never seemed to settle down and with adjustments way out of first build parameters-- Much quicker to avoid the short cut fix, it only takes a few minutes to reset to factory hardware settings/lengths etc and re adjust.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default try this place helped me alot

http://raptortechnique.com/index-raptor.html
cruzroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2015, 05:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this def looks like throttle and pitch curve issues/ head setup.

Tags
raptor 50 v2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in