Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need Help with ZYX S2

Hello all I am hoping someone can help me out I've got a new ZYX s2 and I can't for the life of me get this connected to the computer
I first tried connecting it with a satellite only however all I got was the orange flashing light of death after 2 days I finally gave up and connected it directly to a receiver the old conventional way I now have a blue light or solid red light depending on the gyro settings. But I can still not get it connected to my PC I downloaded and installed the USB windows 7 driver from hobbyking along with the software for the zyx s2 and still cannot get it connected I've read many pages on different forms and also watched as many YouTube videos as I can but there's no mention of what I am experiencing.
Some forms talked about com ports
In windows need to be adjusted...
As far as I can tell in Windows Device Manager the USB doogle comes up as com 1. Which I am told is where it should be.
However in the New ZYXs2 software the com port do not come up and I cannot get connected
Can someone please point me in the right direction so I can overcome this problem
I am very very frustrated with this flybarless unit and I'm regretting ever buying it.... I am very concerned I'm having so much trouble and I'm not even into the set up yet
PLEASE Help
mtfatbass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

we always attract the problem child, hehe, when we want to cheap out.

Seriously though, I bought an s2 and will be figuring it out over the next coming days. Is it supposed to be better than the s or what?

So far I've read you have to pre-bind satellites to work, servos should be 1520u, and,,,,,,, it's best to start out with a conventional rx than to go sat only, and keep the tx a yard or more away from the heli whilst plugging in.

Lotta people may not be aware satellites are di-pole and need a lot of power on start up. The zyx-s2 can be powered directly to a 2s lipo for power, that's where it'll be best for an hv set up and to power the sat effectively. Otherwise all info reports nothing out of the norm.

Does this s2 have a gov. mode?
Icanfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default mtfatbass

The ZYX-Assistant1.1 software does come up with a com port if correctly configured on the PC. You have to select the green arrow next to the "connect" button to select the required port. Have you tried booting up the software .... select the green arrow to see which com ports are available, for example at this stage I'm offered com 6 or 7. Then (and only then) connect the dongle and see which new com port becomes available, in my case com 5. Select the 'new' com port as this will have been assigned to the 'new device' as far as the computer is concerned. You should then be able to connect.

Also, just to clarify. Unlike previous versions of the ZYX you do not need a steady blue or red light to connect. The S2 will connect to the PC even with a flashing yellow.

Hope this helps!!
744drv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 06:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 Com 1 is already used by windows, so the dongle would not be that. On mine the dongle shows up as com4 if windows starts up the drivers properly.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for taking the time to help with this

I installed the ZYX-Assistant1.1 software along with the PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10518 .exe for Win 7

there is a green arrow however there is no com port listed
I can tell windows see the dongle in device Manager
as I plug and unplug the dongle
Old 09-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont know if it is important, but my programs and features lists the driver as version 1.00.000. Even without the dongle plugged in the zyx assistant dropdown shows com1 and com3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pl.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	533094  
Old 09-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

it looks like I have the right driver
However I can not get it connected to the ZYX s2 for the life of me
Old 09-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

At the moment this looks like a PC or dongle problem. Are you able to replace / substitute either or both of these components?
Old 09-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried it on my frends computer with vista and it connected ok
However I can not get it going on my pc (win 7 Pro) ???
Old 09-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

make sure you have the software for zyx s2 the zyx one will not work
I had that problem when I first went to connect mine
draxxson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I am using ZYX-Assistant1.1 software for the ZYX s2
Old 09-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try a different USB port. Did you install the USB driver before plugging in the dongle the first time? You may need to uninstall the driver, reboot, and then reinstall the driver, and then try it.
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

no I can not install the driver that comes with it .the program says its successful however my device manager has issues with it..then a few minutes later windows does a search online and find the correct driver and load itself.then it says it is the correct driver and that it is running properly with no warning.
I even located the manufacturer of the dongle and based on their troubleshooting list on their webpage it states that Windows do a search and find the correct driver and then they list it and it is the same one that I have...
it's definitely a head scratcher for me..all I want to do is going fly I am tempted to put the fly bar back on and the old gyro just so I can fly
Old 09-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use an old Widows XP laptop that second hand must sell now for small money. Can you not find, borrow or acquire something similar that will then be convenient and not too valuable to take out to your flying field?? Barebones is all it takes ... no wifi, no anti virus.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes I guess that's what I will have to do I was just hoping the other people with Windows 7 have it working may be able to tell me the trick to it..
Old 09-08-2014, 12:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem on mine with win 7. Turns out i had to use the usb port on the other side of laptop. The 2 one one side are different to the single one on the other side, so i read so tried it and it worked.
Diggiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

unfortunately I tried that with no luck also through device manager you can force the coms that way but still not connecting..I borrowed a friend's laptop with XP and decide to go that way for now however a new problem came up hopefully someone can help me with it please watch the video is attached [ame]http://youtu.be/YDp9jqrCoQA[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/ooNL3BwleuU[/ame]
Old 09-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

That swash movement does not look normal. When I give collective, the swash travels up and down at the same speed and stays level. When I give a cyclic, and back to center, the servos do take a little more time to get to center, like a 1/4 second or so. I think that is normal.
Just a datapoint though, when I was upgrading to metal gear servos, I bought some turnigy analog servos (not intentionally). They seemed to make it through the desk tuning OK, but when I went to fly, one or more of them started buzzing and wandering. It caused a crash. Back on the bench, after a few minutes they did the same wandering. I chalked it up to possible incompatibility of these analog servos with the zyx-s2. That was my only experience with analog servos, so I may be drawing the wrong conclusion.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check out this thread on the Windows 8 issues. Not sure if it applies to ZYX-S or S2 as well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6444
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

So do you think there is something in my setting that can cause this
Or do I have a dud

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in