Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC > Spartan Vortex

Spartan Vortex Spartan RC - Vortex VX1 Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2016, 02:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarious View Post
I'm interested in Vortex because I want to find a fbl system that is as good as Vbar when it comes to flying. I'm not sure if such thing exists or if I will find this answer, but, if it does, I wonder if it is Vortex.
I have tried my friends lil 450l and I was not all that impressed. For one I fly an x3. For two It may have just required tuning. But I have always loved my vortex. It has survived many crash and mishaps, has also been key to a locked in and well balanced bird. And the e gov is second to none.

Though a trim flight may seem like a pain its the key element to making it fly awesome.

You just have to try it out.
Boinker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2016, 03:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's about time someone with Spartan Vortex gives us an update on this rescue bailout feature. People keep saying they are perfectionists at Spartan and won't release any features before being ready but we the customers been waiting a long time for this and we need to know the status, after all, there are way too many fbl out there with rescue and I need to know if I should sell the vx1e and data pod and try something with rescue or what's the deal.
Tarek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
It's about time someone with Spartan Vortex gives us an update on this rescue bailout feature. People keep saying they are perfectionists at Spartan and won't release any features before being ready but we the customers been waiting a long time for this and we need to know the status, after all, there are way too many fbl out there with rescue and I need to know if I should sell the vx1e and data pod and try something with rescue or what's the deal.
If you can’t wait, try something else.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 05:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toocool4 View Post
If you can’t wait, try something else.
You interested in buying vx1e and data pod ? Make an offer.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You interested in buying vx1e and data pod ? Make an offer.
No, I only use VX1n.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have noticed the vx1n FBL unit is out of stock at a few hobbyshops and the Spartan website. Based on past experience this means the vx1n will be discontinued and a new FBL unit with rescue is in production. This is just a guess.

I assume the vx1e will be updatable with free firmware to include a rescue feature and more than likely they will release a new FBL unit with new hardware(v2)

How long this will take I don't know but if you desperate for a FBL unit with rescue I would sell the vx1e and by something you want.

Angelos does not reveal any updates until it is all ready for release.

Usually this means
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 06:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post
I have noticed the vx1n FBL unit is out of stock at a few hobbyshops and the Spartan website. Based on past experience this means the vx1n will be discontinued and a new FBL unit with rescue is in production. This is just a guess.

I assume the vx1e will be updatable with free firmware to include a rescue feature and more than likely they will release a new FBL unit with new hardware(v2)
In the past I have found this to mean they are waiting for parts to produce more FBL units, don’t forget that the VX1 / VX1n use different sensors to the VX1e / VX1p.

If what you think is true, a load of people will not be very happy.
For me I don’t care about rescue, if you need rescue you are flying way beyond your skill level. Notice I say “way beyond” because pushing your skill level is good that is how we learn to get better but not by pushing way beyond.
An example is :- no good trying to do a piro-flip if you can’t even do an inverted pirouette.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
In the past I have found this to mean they are waiting for parts to produce more FBL units, don’t forget that the VX1 / VX1n use different sensors to the VX1e / VX1p.

For me I don’t care about rescue, if you need rescue you are flying way beyond your skill level. Notice I say “way beyond” because pushing your skill level is good that is how we learn to get better but not by pushing way beyond.
An example is :- no good trying to do a piro-flip if you can’t even do an inverted pirouette.
When the vx1n was introduced they stopped making the vx1

That kind of annoyed me as I bought a few vx1's and the vx1n was cheaper and fit smaller helis better.

I don't think the rescue will work with the sensor used in the vx1n

I personally don't care about rescue either and will not use it when it is added, however all FBL unit sales are now based on must have features and having rescue is one of them. Sales will slow down if Spartan does not include a rescue feature in its FBL unit.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1, I'll never use it either. Never had and never will. But I agree that self rescue is a feature that a lot of people want when there getting ready to buy a flybarless system.
Wyno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 07:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't think the rescue will work with the sensor used in the vx1n

I personally don't care about rescue either and will not use it when it is added, however all FBL unit sales are now based on must have features and having rescue is one of them. Sales will slow down if Spartan does not include a rescue feature in its FBL unit.
Angelos did not outright come out saying it would work on the VX1 or VX1n but he did say it’s do able with the current hardware with out needing 6 axis sensors.

People just want the flavour of the month and rescue appears to be it.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Angelos did not outright come out saying it would work on the VX1 or VX1n but he did say it’s do able with the current hardware with out needing 6 axis sensors.

People just want the flavour of the month and rescue appears to be it.
pretty much

It keeping up with the Jones's

I hope nothing changes and they keep making the vx1n but I got a feeling Angelos will want to introduce new more up to date hardware.

Take for example the Ikon v1 and Ikon v2

They both fly and feel the same and have rescue yet everyone will move on to the v2 for the new hardware when in fact it will fly just the same
Old 08-18-2016, 07:58 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
pretty much

It keeping up with the Jones's

I hope nothing changes and they keep making the vx1n but I got a feeling Angelos will want to introduce new more up to date hardware.

Take for example the Ikon v1 and Ikon v2

They both fly and feel the same and have rescue yet everyone will move on to the v2 for the new hardware when in fact it will fly just the same
From what Angelos was saying the processor in the VX1n has plenty of spare processing capacity so why change the hardware, when it has not reach it’s capacity yet?

Old 08-18-2016, 08:06 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
From what Angelos was saying the processor in the VX1n has plenty of spare processing capacity so why change the hardware, when it has not reach it’s capacity yet?
He may introduce a Hevy Duty verision like Beast x and Ikon has (powered directly by Lipo or Bec through a dedicated connector and separate switch.....

faster CPU........

who know what else he can think of that may be cool and attract more customers
Old 08-18-2016, 08:12 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
He may introduce a Hevy Duty verision like Beast x and Ikon has (powered directly by Lipo or Bec through a dedicated connector and separate switch.....

faster CPU........

who know what else he can think of that may be cool and attract more customers
Why would anyone introduce a faster CPU when they are only using just over 50% of the current capacity? Well anyway we will just have to wait and see what comes next

Old 08-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

To state that if you need rescue means you're flying way beyond your skill level is just plain dumb. Some people just want that sense of relief that it's there. If you don't need it, good for you but that doesn't apply to everyone.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:04 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To state that if you need rescue means you're flying way beyond your skill level is just plain dumb. Some people just want that sense of relief that it's there. If you don't need it, good for you but that doesn't apply to everyone.
It is not plain dumb as you put it, people think by having rescue they will never crash. If you believe that, good luck to you.

If you learn to rescue yourself, you will never panic in any situation and if you do crash it’s good too as you learn to build better next time as well.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It is not plain dumb as you put it, people think by having rescue they will never crash. If you believe that, good luck to you.

If you learn to rescue yourself, you will never panic in any situation and if you do crash it’s good too as you learn to build better next time as well.
I somehow agree with you on some of what you're saying. I never think that if I have rescue I will never crash and you shouldn't assume that. It just help me with my nervousness, that's all, nothing wrong with that. If manufacturers think like you do, then none will release rescue feature in their fbl but as you can see that most if not all are doing that.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:39 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I somehow agree with you on some of what you're saying. I never think that if I have rescue I will never crash and you shouldn't assume that. It just help me with my nervousness, that's all, nothing wrong with that. If manufacturers think like you do, then none will release rescue feature in their fbl but as you can see that most if not all are doing that.
Hey Tarek if it helps you with your nervousness and helps you progress it’s a good thing. But don’t forget we all get nervous from time to time and I still do when I am trying new moves, I just try it on the Sim first and in real life I do it 3 mistakes high so I have time to rescue myself if it all goes wrong.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having a rescue feature is needed imo not because "it's keeping up with the Jones'" and not for people flying way beyond their skill level. Those pilots will crash more than they will be saved anyway.
It should be used as a tool for progression and to save the occasional dumb thumb and misorientation. I know if there was a rescue feature it would have saved me thousands in crash costs simply from what I mentioned.
This hobby can be very expensive and to be able to save some money and especially keep flying potentially would be awesome.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I don't really need a rescue feature. But it would be nice to know what they are working on. Just interested to see if there is something new happening over there.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 10 met Tapatalk
MrEmail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in