Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #1161 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, thanks for the reply....It just came today. before it got here, I had set up my servo to center in rate, then centered my tail slider, ( gives me 0° pitch on the tail) and then I hooked my linkage rod. I read the manual twice and it lost me when it says to make sure to have 8° of pitch for rotation compensation. Does this actually mean, make sure you can get 8° of pitch from hub to hub? Or as I had asked, do I need to dial in 8° of pitch in rate to compensate for roatation. Sorry but I'm confused. I also assume, the ds760 like most gyros can face any direction as long as the label is up? I had planned on setting it either with the label readable from the tail direction looking forward, or the opposite.. the label readable from the nose looking to the tail.
Thanks and sorry for the noob questions.....

Mike
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #1162 (permalink)
Registered Users

The way you want to mount the gyro is fine.
Some people setup the 8deg, others don't. As I said I never messed with the 8 deg and have not had any problems. It's a kind of Ford VS Chevy argument... It will work either way, it's a personal setup thing..
the manual is refering to having 8deg of pitch at the servos neutral position. Not at the end of travel each way.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #1163 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the repy, I dont fly in rate, and I'm assuming the 8° was preffered set up in rate? I had 90'd the servo arm witht the gyro in rate, and centered the slider. I fly in HH so I think the gyro will compensate. Maybe.....Anyway.. thanks for the replies.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #1164 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks
patelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #1165 (permalink)
Registered Users

got a ds760 for my rex500 and all of the files in bert's post are dead-links, does anyone have the 500 template? probably don't need it, but was wanting to see it for reference purposes.
jdfelosi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #1166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ds760 Gyro

I've watched all of Finless video's on getting the DS760 gyro into programming mode & it just won't go into the program mode. I'am using a JR 12X radio. I binded with the rudder stick all way to left. When i switch on radio power & hold rudder stick to left & toggle the switch the lights don't blink. What am i doing wrong here. Its driving me nuts...
ttaylor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #1167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please I can not see the video of the setting spartan ds760 give me a hand. Thanks Mario
mario1969 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #1168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone know where I could buy borrow or use a pc cable for the Spartin 760 gyro would the beast or Castle creations link cable work tried to download the drivers and I'm not sure if that went correctly tried the beast and CC link cables with no luck but the driver issues still bother me for a program of a 760 I have been trying to follow several written procedures and still cant get this thing correct any help would be appreciated I cant watch any videos on this site
Thanks Rick
Richard J. Szabo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #1169 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No, the CC cable does not work.

-A

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #1170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys
Where would I find drivers for a Flash-Link on Win10?
Thanks
Jeff
Borderlord is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2020, 03:11 PM   #1171 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm taking out my 11 year old heli now still with a DS760 installed. Seems like the link cable is no longer supported on my modern PCs. How do I go about updating firmware and perform configuration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderlord View Post
Hi guys
Where would I find drivers for a Flash-Link on Win10?
Thanks
Jeff
How did you go?
brenchen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2020, 06:54 AM   #1172 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenchen View Post
I'm taking out my 11 year old heli now still with a DS760 installed. Seems like the link cable is no longer supported on my modern PCs. How do I go about updating firmware and perform configuration?
It is possible to make it work but unfortunately, you have to jump some hoops. The drivers that we supplied back then for Windows7 work perfectly width Windows10. However, whilst Win7 only informed the user that the drivers are not signed, Win10 now insists that they are when you go through the normal driver installation process. There are two possible solutions:

1) Google: load unsigned driver windows 10
Use the information you find to help you load the old Flash-Link drivers.

2) The Flash-Link is based on the FT232RL (USB to serial bridge) chip. The manufacturer of the chip provides the ability to customise the chip's electronic ids and product name that is reported to the computer. This is something that we exploited as offers a better user experience since our software can then easily identify the Flash-Link apart from other COM ports available on the computer. The downside is that we also had to customise the driver so it links to the new ids which means that generic driver that chip manufacturer offer does no longer work with the Flash-Link. However...

If you got to the chip manufacturer's website you can download a software tool called FT_PROG that lets you reprogram these ids back to the factory defaults. These are VID:0403 and PID:6001. From then on you can use the generic drivers from FTDI which are signed and work in Windows 10.

Unfortunately, FT_PROG needs the Flash-Link to be working (with drivers loaded to the computer) before it can detect it and let you set the ids back to the default ones. I would suggest asking a friend that still has a Windows7 PC to help you do this. After you set the VID/PID to the ones mentioned above you will be able to go back to your Windows10 and load the generic drivers that FTDI supply. Then when you connect to the gyro use the COM port option from the list (not the USB option).

You can download FT_PROG from here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#FT_PROG
and the generic drivers from here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

The photo below shows the data from my personal Flash-Link which has been set back to the default ids using FT_PROG.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ftdi.PNG
Views:	59
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	896103  

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in