Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 470 Class Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Advice please not sure weather to use the included esc or use my YEP 60 amp

Hi every oneneed a we bit of advice .Should I use the Align 50 amp esc and the beastx gov.Or should I put my YEP 60 amp in and use the gov store,many thank's in advance,Marty.
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know either and never used them.

Have you tried the yep for fit? The Align is a tight fit so if the yep is any longer I think you are going to have trouble.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've always had great experience with yep esc but align's esc is a hobbywing wich are awesome too. Just use the align one unless you're a hardcore smack 3D flyer.
chipfuad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run all my builds with YGE/YEP esc's set to gov store mode. Works and allows me to change the throttle curve to whatever I want, whenever I want.

Comes in handy on windy and again on extra windy days, or if I feel like going faster or slower than usual. Have one flight mode set about 200rpm higher than the one I usually fly at for windy days but always end up adjusting it a little since the wind speed varies so much.

Me likey
Old 02-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for your replys,the Yep will fit in the 470 but tight,and ive used the Gov stored before so think I will put that in it,but im mr indecisive at the best of times,Marty.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Thank you for your replys,the Yep will fit in the 470 but tight,and ive used the Gov stored before so think I will put that in it,but im mr indecisive at the best of times,Marty.
In that case try em both and see which one you like better

HW esc's are great but can be a little fussy to setup sometimes. My YGE/YEP's always work the first time and every time, one gain adjustment at a max then I never have to touch it again.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
align's esc is a hobbywing
On this occasion it is not. It is also quite a bit bigger than the HW 50A esc.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1, the Align esc in the 470L is not a Hobbwying esc, it is an Align RCE-BL50X 50A Brushless ESC and is not a Hobbywing rebrand in this case.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also hear that the 470 esc had a terrible gov mode. Seems like everyone is either putting in a HW esc or running rpm sensor to run the FLB internal gov.
Squier250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 10:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

i like the hobbywing 50a, gov store is sweet on it. cant speak for yep, but it seems like a better fit than the align.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxxingibbous View Post
i like the hobbywing 50a, gov store is sweet on it. cant speak for yep, but it seems like a better fit than the align.
Ive fitted the yep its running nice on gov store but only 5.5 bec though A good 6amp output,may reinstall the Align ESC and use a phase sensor and the FBL gov,but want to do some more testing with present set up,Marty.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squier250 View Post
I also hear that the 470 esc had a terrible gov mode. Seems like everyone is either putting in a HW esc or running rpm sensor to run the FLB internal gov.
I'm using a HW phase sensor and brain gov. I hope to maiden this weekend and see how it goes with actual flying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2017, 02:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbeau View Post
I'm using a HW phase sensor and brain gov. I hope to maiden this weekend and see how it goes with actual flying.

Looking forward to how you are getting on with that,please report back,Marty,
Old 02-24-2017, 11:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbeau View Post

I am about to try the same setup in a week or so (waiting for cyclic servos).

Please report back and also tell if you set airplane mode or helicopter 1 mode in align esc.
windcatcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went to a Castle Edge lite 50AMP. apparently the BEC can't handle the amperage. Set it to 5v and do rapid cyclic movements that cause the ESC to reboot. 8.4 is almost instant. I dont get it. I would think Smaller digital servos should be more efficient. Looks like I will be getting a proper BEC
sunsetmaro is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in