Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2016, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hk k110 boards holding up?

Hey guys I'm kinda on the fence about getting a k110 and wondering how the boards are holding up? I've had a bl since they first came out but have replaced a few boards and thinking I want something a little more robust I can use for real life simming. Thanks in advance
BladeScraperz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fly mine at a grass field and over 50 flights 2-3 crashes with no issues except the main gear slipping. This heli is not the best for full out 3D but does fly very well even in a slight breeze> I actually bought a second unit when I fount them on sale at the end of last year at Bang Good.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have beat the crap out of mine including having it hit pavement and skid 20+ feet. No problems with the board and only had to change a couple of main gears so far. I've been lucky and not even bent a spindle.
Over grass the things is tough to break. My K120 does sit though. There were (are?) problems with their boards. I had one ESC just toast itself. Also the servos are about as good as the old plastic Eflite ones. You can do a servo saver mod I guess but a micro should be more durable. The spindles bend on almost every crash too.
So yes on the K110 IMHO and no on a K120 if you were even thinking about it.
BTW the RTF radios are really nice. I use one for simming at work as it feels much like my Spektrum.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great info guys thanks! Broke dad you read my mind, I was thinking of a k120 for a little bigger size but think I'll go with the k110 instead. And I also plan on using the TX for simming. Is there more than 1 version of the k110 out? I've seen a 'original' one for sale for a better price, just making sure I'm not getting one with problems. Thanks
Old 11-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dunno if there are two version but some are having trouble and getting the wrong size tail boom/motor combo. Here is that thread to read:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=763207

P.S. It's great weather out here for flying. I already have a dozen flights in on several models. I just keep popping out to fly and coming back in to read HF and charge packs.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I dunno if there are two version but some are having trouble and getting the wrong size tail boom/motor combo. Here is that thread to read:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=763207

P.S. It's great weather out here for flying. I already have a dozen flights in on several models. I just keep popping out to fly and coming back in to read HF and charge packs.
Right on brother great for you! I got a couple flights in this morning and hopefully a couple more after work. I live in a cul DE sac and a little nervous about the neighbors cars lol, kinda effects my flying ability and I might have to ask them to move there cars lol
Old 11-06-2016, 12:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

40 plus flights on my 110, and probably 7 or 8 really hard crashes and, besides adjusting the old or putting on a new main gear I haven't had a problem. Crashes are because this heli is so stable and so responsive I sometimes get carried away and do too much in a really tight space. Doesn't say much for my judgement or my piloting skills, but speaks volumes as to this little bird's durability. I have to say, the xk k110 is an AMAZING helicopter.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, just ordered one and looking forward to trashing on it a bit. Anyone go solid boom yet?
Old 11-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hope you ordered a pack of gears with it. It does come with one spare I think but the bag of 10 is a good thing to have.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hope you ordered a pack of gears with it. It does come with one spare I think but the bag of 10 is a good thing to have.
Where you orderin the pack of 10? Only seen a set of 2 so far.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraperz View Post
Where you orderin the pack of 10? Only seen a set of 2 so far.
The bag says SKU355356-1Y1Q0 PCK. It contains 5 sets of 2. I got it from Banggood a while back. The K120 and K110 share the same main gear. These also fit the V977.

http://www.banggood.com/5-x-XK-K120-...p-1031278.html
Old 11-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

BrokeDad: With your bag of ten, don't know if you've used many yet, but have you had any issues with fit? I purchased a bag and about half were too tight, might have just been a bad batch though.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotouser View Post
BrokeDad: With your bag of ten, don't know if you've used many yet, but have you had any issues with fit? I purchased a bag and about half were too tight, might have just been a bad batch though.
I've only used a few and no problem. The K120 gear uses a screw on it but the K110 doesn't. The gear I took off the K110 originally had the hole though so I imagine it was the same mold. If you read the reviews on that part you will see someone mentioned using on their V977 fine.
I doubt quality control on these parts isn't that exacting.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've only used a few and no problem. The K120 gear uses a screw on it but the K110 doesn't. The gear I took off the K110 originally had the hole though so I imagine it was the same mold. If you read the reviews on that part you will see someone mentioned using on their V977 fine.
I doubt quality control on these parts isn't that exacting.
Thank's. I'll spring for another bag. And I'm sure you're right about them all being from the same mold. It was actually fortunate that the ones that didn't fit were too small rather than too large. No problem enlarging, but my Dremel's just no good at all when it comes to shrinking a hole. 😉
Old 11-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks I ordered a set of 10
Old 11-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotouser View Post
Thank's. I'll spring for another bag. And I'm sure you're right about them all being from the same mold. It was actually fortunate that the ones that didn't fit were too small rather than too large. No problem enlarging, but my Dremel's just no good at all when it comes to shrinking a hole. 😉
You have to run it in reverse while sprinkling shavings over the cutter.
I need to get me one of these lil birds, Im about done with the V911.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
You have to run it in reverse while sprinkling shavings over the cutter.
I need to get me one of these lil birds, Im about done with the V911.
I knew there was a way. Thanks, RaisedByWolves.

You're going to love the 110. It's my go to backyard flyer. It's stable and durable, both things that someone at my skill level needs.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

2.5 weeks and still waiting
Old 11-23-2016, 12:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraperz View Post
2.5 weeks and still waiting
That happens with banggood and China companies. One order will get here in a week and another will take almost a month. I think it depends on when you hit the "mass shipment" window. I'm guessing they stockpile standard shipping orders to various destinations and then it goes out and through customs instead of shipping everything individually.
I'm sure BirdBarber would be interested in which main motor you get in yours as they seem to have more than one they use.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya im thinking the whole holiday season may slow it up a bit. Checking the usps site and hasn't got to the mainland yet, once it does should be quick. Been flying my BL lately waiting in anticipation of my k110. Micros are so dang fun don't care what anybody says

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in