Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2015, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GT-3 Main gear & belt for the chase!!! ASK KDS BRING IT BACK AS A UPGRADE!!!

Aloha, To Anyone out there!!!

I just want to share that there's a main concern for a upgrade here. Please look on the chase 360 thread. On ALL the threads talking about GT-3 belts & gear. & Showing That MXL Belt is weak & when it wears down it always need to be changed.
Why i shearing this cause it seem that no one is listening out there. Or Someone from KDS Company or Anyone in the KDS Team Can Help,or All KDS Dealers!!! Can answering this need for this upgrade. See what Can be done! too make it happen!!!!

I just want to help KDS Company & ALL Chase 360 fans out there.
* For The Company help get chase Bad talk & quality control areas about the chase 360. Get it to be Gone & been fixed thing!!! & Mostly get sale back up & running more!!! Cause making more money on kits then parts.

* As for fans for chase 360 & All fans for all KDS helicopters.
*Chase fans will be greatful . And Thanking KDS for the upgrade! And Chase heli will be the best out there!!!! like The saying say!!!! build it !!! And make it happen!! THEY WILL FOLLOW!!! SALES!!!!!

So in that note. Please Help & tell or mention to KDS Company!!! ALL There helis that needs upgrades Included Chase!!!!

Aloha!!!! KDS Fan.

Last edited by molokaiboy 2; 08-09-2015 at 10:41 PM..
molokaiboy 2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, i want GT belt from KDS in kits too
But......
I suspect that not many people who want GT2-3 belt on His chase 360 ....
I had 14 GT3 wheels and belts for Chase 360 and only few people asked me for this gears....
Old 08-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm Thinking postive here.
Just tired of hearing bad talk about Chase need this or that someguys dont want the upgrade & so on!!!! make up your mind all ready. what chase fans like ? or Dont? for the upgrade! i know i like the need for this upgrade!

I know if we ask about the upgrade who knows? They might make it!!! & gt-2&3 main belt & gear is complete best thing to do for the chase!!! look at g-380 what main belt & gear they using! not thing but the best!!!

That's all i can say!!!!!Aloha!!!!

Last edited by molokaiboy 2; 08-10-2015 at 04:48 PM..
Old 08-11-2015, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd buy this upgrade if it was available.

Citizen 266
HeliSoCal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello Guys

In reading the Original Post here I am slightly confused? I will give a little explanation of the parts and then maybe you can help me understand the question better.

History of the model:

When the model was first released last year it had a plastic secondary pulley out front and an MXL belt and pinion that was more narrow than the modern component.

Now please understand I am only speaking for kits sold through the authorized USA distribution network. Meaning these kits started at KDS Models USA and either went out direct or through our dealers.

Originally there where 26-28 models sold with the plastic pulley and smaller belt. Very soon after the GT2 upgrade was released and every person or dealer was contacted and the parts where given out for free to these users.

This revision included 4 parts:

GT2 motor belt
GT2 pinion
GT2 aluminum secondary pulley
New motor plate to accommodate the wider belt.

After this point every kit sold through this network had the latest revisions in the box.

In fact many of our users did not experience trouble with the original smaller belt but this was based on setup and belt tension. I personally put 100 flights on a model with the plastic pulley and small belt with the tension correct. Then as an experiment when many folks were having trouble I put a new belt on and ran it tighter. It only lasted 10 flights and caused deforming of the plastic pulley.

Seeing that there was such a small margin for error here and trying to meet the demands of the users KDS released the upgrades mentioned above. And admittedly coming from a 700 belt drive heli down to a 450 it is easy to get things to tight.

For quite some time now our team pilots have been reporting that there is no issue with the belt and that life span is excellent.

It is still important to monitor belt tension when setting up things. This is a small light little heli so things dont neet to be as tight as many think.

My approach is to remove the battery from the bottom and take a 2mm driver in from the bottom and put light side pressure on the motor belt. I usually try to get about 1.5-2mm of side play

Then the larger belt that goes around the main gear is usually set around 2mm-2.5mm of side play.

A good gauge of tension is motor temp. If the motor is scalding the belts are probably to tight and also causing loss in flight time.

As for models sold outside this network abroad I cannot speak on what is in the box as I have not touched them personally. But it is my understanding that all models have had these components in the box for sometime now.

In regards to the original post please let us know if this is what you are referring to?
KDS_Models_USA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Howzit Allen, KDS Model Usa...

Me & Seltino & others been talking about this a few times already. but Noone is listening. & Answering? on KDS side.

Thanks for Answering!
I see we all know about the GT-2 belt & secondery pully upgrade!
But we are mentioning & talking about Seeing if KDS can Add a New Upgrade for the chase 360!!! It's GT-2 ( MAIN BELT & MAIN PULLY )

That i see KDS did it right the first time!!! before they made it be come MXL Main Belt & Pully as the final production parts that's in the kits now!

*Look Info on Chase 360 Thread: ( Chase GT2 Main Gear... by molokaiboy 2)
* Here's other one to check out!!! Thread: ( Chase 360 Main gear Gt-3 Tunning.. By Seltino.) Will explain everything! what we mean!

We All feel with this upgrade chase will be complete heli in all areas! Will be theBest heli out There!!! & That will sure bring more kits & The Newupgrades that been made! will be sold More often!!! And that's good for Kds & all Kds fans out there!!!! Please! Mention KDS Company Allen!!! Only ask for that upgrade!!! GT-3 Belt & Main gear pully.!!!!:h ug: Aloha!!!

P.S Thanks for that good service & fast shipping on E-Bar v2 flybarless system Order!!! Again Aloha!!!
Old 08-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

chase 360 was designed with all GT2 belts by Glen Klimpton. KDS changed belt specification from GT2 to MXL...

first batch (my chase) had big problems with first MXL belt. 10-20 flights and belt was after death. (we tried all belt tension)

next batch had first belt GT2 and this is OK, i have 550 flights with this first GT2 belt and belt is still OK, so here is not problem.

but problem is second MXL belt, i know 8 people with Chase (my friends), all have problem with MXL second belt. This belt is not good, i had to change this belt after 100-150 flights, some my friends after 50 flights. We tried all belt tension and nothing change.
Now I have on my chase GT3 main wheel and belt. everything works great, I have 140 flights a second GT3 belt is like new. All my friend have this GT3 main gear and belt too and they are very happy for it.

So what is wrong? On first reduction gear fits GT3 belt better than original MXL belt.... look at foto, this is cutted original second reduction gear and GT3 belt, all teeth fits perfect.
Chase 360 is great helicopter, i have more than 600 flights with this heli and i love it, but second MXL belt is not good and GT2or GT3 belts are to much better. KDS have GT gears plans from glen, so why they do not want GT belts? Maybe MXL belts are cheaper and if customers must buy MXL belts every 50-150 flights flights is this good business for KDS.... GT belts more flights, bad business....

money moves the world.... thats all

here are pictures from my chase with GT3 main gear and belt, and GT3 belt after 130 flights....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pastorek (2).jpg
Views:	451
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	602153   Click image for larger version

Name:	gt3 second belt.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	602155   Click image for larger version

Name:	130 start?.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	602156   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT3 main gear.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	602157  
Old 08-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok guys, just my little story on this topic...

right now i got exactly 187 flights in my chase360, mostly 3D, not too soft... until now, i needed to change the stock main-belt 4 (!) times cause it was worn... i tried different belt-tensions, but no change at all... everytime it was ok for the first few flights before it started to "click" while pitching or smacking cause the belt slipped on the second stage gear in the front (there were always some belt-fibres in the firts stage gear)...

your can hardly hear the clicking on this video here (f.ex. at ~ 0:45 and later on during harder maneuvres), but in real life the weird sound is much more present...

Chase 360 - slipping belt test / Smack (4 min 8 sec)

its a real pita when you have to change your mainbelt often and when you your tailservo is in the front, because you have to take out the tailservo, the swashguide, the main shaft and the upper mainplate to reach it good... its kinda boring each time and even killed some threads in the upper mainplate, too :-(

i thought about selling the chase, just because of this problem... dont get me wrong, i really really love the design, the sound and the flying characteristics!!! this little beast feels and sounds awesome in the air!!! in principal, its pretty nice to work on it , and it also crashes good, what makes it a good training-machine! but its soooo boring to change the belt each 50 flights if you do 400-500 a year...

similar story happend with the mxl-first-stage-gear before kds upgraded it to gt2 by themselves... since then, no problems anymore AT ALL!!! i wished these guys would offer a gt2/gt3-maingear-upgrade too!!! this would turn the chase into #1 of actual 360 helicopters on the market. period!!

now i just got an d.i.y.-gt3 gear (thanks again man!!) that i will install these days including a goblin 380-mainbelt (gt-3)... i read pretty good feedback about this gear, it seems to be very promising and i hope this small piece of metal will now finally solve the only real downside of the chase!!! kds really should think about producing those gears and belts by themselves, i´m sure the will be selled like hotcakes ;-)

cheerio
kaosor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right on!!! Seltino!!!

Thanks on the back up info!!! Come on KDS You can do it!!!.Do it for your fans!!!out there!!!! & your sales!!!! Mention Please !!! Allen To Big ceo at China, KDS Company!!!!
Aloha!
Old 08-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok guys, just my little story on this topic...

right now i got exactly 187 flights in my chase360, mostly 3D, not too soft... until now, i needed to change the stock main-belt 4 (!) times cause it was worn... i tried different belt-tensions, but no change at all... everytime it was ok for the first few flights before it started to "click" while pitching or smacking cause the belt slipped on the second stage gear in the front (there were always some belt-fibres in the firts stage gear)...

your can hardly hear the clicking on this video here (f.ex. at ~ 0:45 and later on during harder maneuvres), but in real life the weird sound is much more present...

Chase 360 - slipping belt test / Smack (4 min 8 sec)

its a real pita when you have to change your mainbelt often and when you your tailservo is in the front, because you have to take out the tailservo, the swashguide, the main shaft and the upper mainplate to reach it good... its kinda boring each time and even killed some threads in the upper mainplate, too :-(

i thought about selling the chase, just because of this problem... dont get me wrong, i really really love the design, the sound and the flying characteristics!!! this little beast feels and sounds awesome in the air!!! in principal, its pretty nice to work on it , and it also crashes good, what makes it a good training-machine! but its soooo boring to change the belt each 50 flights if you do 400-500 a year...

similar story happend with the mxl-first-stage-gear before kds upgraded it to gt2 by themselves... since then, no problems anymore AT ALL!!! i wished these guys would offer a gt2/gt3-maingear-upgrade too!!! this would turn the chase into #1 of actual 360 helicopters on the market. period!!

now i just got an d.i.y.-gt3 gear (thanks again man!!) that i will install these days including a goblin 380-mainbelt (gt-3)... i read pretty good feedback about this gear, it seems to be very promising and i hope this small piece of metal will now finally solve the only real downside of the chase!!! kds really should think about producing those gears and belts by themselves, i´m sure the will be selled like hotcakes ;-)

cheerio,

kaosor
kaosor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 01:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have one question to KDS USA.

how many belts you sold as spare part? smaller GT2 first belt and larger second MXL belt?
my tip is, that second belts is much more seller...
Old 08-12-2015, 10:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello Guys

Thanks for the information and clarification on the belt. I will continue to look into this.

to answer Seltino as I stated before, we immediately changed the small motor belt and only sold around 28 kits from the first batch with this. Seeing that we changed them all for free and after only sold the GT2 belt counting belt sales would not make since.
KDS_Models_USA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe i do not understand, my english is not good.
Question was, how many belts do you sold as spare part for customers: first GT2 belt versus second MXL belt
do not count GT2 belts as upgrade for first batch chase

Or you do not know how many first GT2 belts and second MXL belts you ordered from KDS and how many belts do you sold for customers?
I think that dealer must know what spare part is required for order and next sale....
So question is easy
what belts you sold more? first GT2 belt or second MXL belt?
thanks
Old 08-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Allen
Thanks again for responding! Too Us. & This Matter!

Please, Do so Continue to look in to it. let us know any new up date about this Matter!!! I feel getting this upgrade ( GT-2 Main Belt & GT-2 Main Gear pulley)
Will Make the Chase be Complete!!! one soild heli!!!! No its or buts!! Status will be as good as G-380 Main belt & Gear they using. Not thing but the best!!! Again mention to your Ceo China kds Company at there end. about this matter!
I KNOW KDS CAN DO IT!!! LOOK AT FIRST GT-2 GEAR PULLEY HOW FAST YOU GUYS RESPONDED TO MAKE THE CHANGE!!!

& People will buy!

Aloha!
Old 08-18-2015, 01:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GT-2 Main pulley & GT-2 Main Belt...

Aloha, Allen KDS Modelsusa.

Any new updates or findings or what ever. Did you try speak to CEO about this Matter! At China KDS Main Company?
About seeing if they will make Gt-2 Main gear pulley & Added in GT-2 Main Belt for the chase 360? as a Upgrade!!!

Aloha!!!
Old 08-19-2015, 04:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

molokaiboy 2 rather than worry about upgrades, maybe you should actually build and fly one! All your posts are asking for upgrades, but you said you haven't even built and flown yours yet. Before I sold my chase I had maybe 300 flights on it and the main belt was absolutely fine.
PeteStewardson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

What pete,

Can't a person help make the Chase be an best heli out there! you know that if we ask for that upgrades the chase will be complete!!! like i say No it's or but!!! about it!!!!
And so what!!! I never build mine yet. so!! again i say Whats the rush!!! I'm build mine in my head. & i will give you a small hint what it will be like. It will be chase 380 size. & a costom made skid on it. thats it. you just have to wait & see!!!

You still talking on this side of the thread! & you dont have your chase any more!. should you be on the g380 side talking to them!

Chase fan,
Old 08-20-2015, 02:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aloha,
My son has over 300, nearing 400 flights on his chase n my chase has just over 200. With my sons chase, about 90% of the flights on it were Hard core beat the living snott out of it 3D smack and it's been crashed a few times. My chase hasn't been beat up as hard, but it's been tossed around pretty good, and has also been crashed. Both machines are still running the same belts from the box. We just got back from IRCHA where both chase machines got at least 20 flights on them, only now my son has mentioned that he might change his belts, not because he needs to, but because he feels it's time. Also, we've personally built 7 Chase machines here on O'ahu, 6 of them are still flying with the same belts, the last one went in real hard n was a total loss.
I don't know where the issues you are having with belts are coming from, but in my opinion, the belts n drive system are sound.

Molokaiboy 2, when you get around to building your Chase, message me if you'd like some help with it. Or if you can wait 'til February, come to O'ahu for my event (Paradise Fun Fly), My son or I can help you build it.

Aloha,
Cory

KDS USA Team Pilot, MKS, Cyclone Rotor Blades, KDE Direct, Team Ninja, All around good guys!
808HeliBoyz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015, 03:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokaiboy 2 View Post
What pete,

Can't a person help make the Chase be an best heli out there! you know that if we ask for that upgrades the chase will be complete!!! like i say No it's or but!!! about it!!!!
And so what!!! I never build mine yet. so!! again i say Whats the rush!!! I'm build mine in my head. & i will give you a small hint what it will be like. It will be chase 380 size. & a costom made skid on it. thats it. you just have to wait & see!!!

You still talking on this side of the thread! & you dont have your chase any more!. should you be on the g380 side talking to them!

Chase fan,
The point I'm making is that you haven't flown yours, you're getting all your info on the issues off the internet. Fly it for real and you will then see which upgrades are important to you. As in the post above and mine, the belt you want upgrading is not a problem for most people, just a handful on the internet shouting about it. For me it was a tail wag I couldn't get rid of, and nobody else seems to have had this issue as bad, although I've been PM'd by some that say they also had the issue. But the main reason for me selling was KDS and parts consistency. Every time I changed a part I compared it to the old one, and I found they were different, and when I'd have 2 of something in packets they would often not be identical.

Anyway I digress.

The reason I'm still watching the Chase posts is that I think it's a fantastic design, and I've spoken to Glen a lot about why he did things etc and thoroughly enjoyed it and think the design is great. I think you'll find I had one of the first Chases and posted a lot about it. But sadly KDS let us all down. No number of upgrades can fix it, it would need someone to make a lot of parts, for a very small market.

I'm not sure why you think I should be only talking in the G380 section.
PeteStewardson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aloha Cory,

Mahalo! The Info!!!
Thanks for giving a helping hand! will take that offer! you say february will have a fun fly again? right on! On this matter i,m a person who likes to help! seeing heli can be the best heli out there! On this tread look at this person seltino. & his tread then you might see what i mean knowing why i like this upgrade to be! My chase will be a 380 size chase. Big blades might pull more on the Mxl main belt & others! Not the stock blades.

Aloha,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in