Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2016, 01:47 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
He did respond to a thread just a day or so ago I remember.
Well, that's good. I hadn't seen anything from him or anyone else from Horizon in a long time and he didn't start any "from the source" sticky type posts for their newest heli, the 250CFX and it had issues.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2016, 02:45 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

He's posted a couple of times in the past week or so, you never know....
AndyO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2016, 08:30 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis X7 View Post
Yesterday I purchased another Blade 230S (BNF) to replace a recent runaway which was not recovered and noticed the receiver and the box it was shipped in (placed near bar code) both had a green dot sticker applied. I also noticed the usual sticker on the tail motor (which I removed) and similar stickers on each servo and on the frame.

If Brian Bremer could answer what the significance of these stickers represents. Is this to show that the unit was inspected and possibly test flown before it left HH's distribution warehouse. I noticed the firmware is of the latest version V4.23 and that the manual included seems to have been updated, however it does not mention the calibration procedure or trim flight procedure which previously was supplied as an additional two page addendum insert with my previous model.

Your answers Brian would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
Kevin
With regards to my above noted post, I called HH earlier this afternoon and spoke with one of the Heli techs and confirmed the following.

1. All the E328 stickers found on all servos, both motors and the receiver are to show that these items have been QC checked and Passed QC as indicated by the "Passed QC #9" sticker on the main frame (that number was on mine and probably varies from unit to unit).

2. The green dot stickers found on the FBL / Receiver and near the UPC code on box the unit came in are to indicate that the firmware has been checked and if required updated to the most recent version. This also indicates that the heli has been has been test flown and trim flight performed as required prior to leaving the factory and being shipped to vendors and customers.

The above procedures were implemented because of the first production run of 230 S helis that were shipped with firmware versions which did not allow the owners to calibrate the FBL / Receiver which was required to perform a trim flight to correct any unwanted flight behavior. Now you can purchase this unit in confidence when you see the green dot and other stickers placed on the packaging and heli knowing it was QC inspected and Passed as well as updated and test flown before reaching its new owner.

Well done HH, good to see your listening to your customers.

Kevin
Genesis X7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kevin,

With your certified and checked 230S would you please explain what your swash does during initialisation and spool up in safe mode.

Many other guys, including myself, own a original batch 230s that needs a lot of left aileron and a little back on take off due to the swash leaning forward and right on spool up regardless of how many trim flights and calibrations you perform. Is this normal or not compared with yours?

Thanks
silverwings007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 08:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwings007 View Post
Kevin,

With your certified and checked 230S would you please explain what your swash does during initialisation and spool up in safe mode.

Many other guys, including myself, own a original batch 230s that needs a lot of left aileron and a little back on take off due to the swash leaning forward and right on spool up regardless of how many trim flights and calibrations you perform. Is this normal or not compared with yours?

Thanks
Yes, unfortunately that is the characteristics of the FBL / Receiver in the 230 S when it comes to lift off in stability or normal mode. It will do so to a lesser extent when you use IU1 or IU2 as the stabilization feature is not used when your transmitter is set according to the 230 S manual in IU1 & IU2. It seems when lifting off in normal or stability mode the FBL is trying hard to keep the heli level, but instead makes for a tougher lift of transition. I usually use IU1 or IU2 for takeoff, and also have my gear set to another switch, so the "B" switch or flight mode switch is only used for controlling head speed, and on my TX (DX9 BE) I have the gear switch on "C" switch for turning stability on or off.

I hope this was of some help to you, and enjoy the 230 S, I know I really like this bird.

Kevin
Old 11-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK great, thanks very much for the feedback and advice. I've got a DX8 so I'll see what I can do to replicate your setup.
silverwings007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo and gain adjustment

I did the firmware update to my transmitter and receiver, now they are the newest versions.

I can't get into setup mode anymore. No servos will dance for me, it did before the update.

What can i do about that? I really need help :'-(
Kjoeller1986 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjoeller1986 View Post
I did the firmware update to my transmitter and receiver, now they are the newest versions.

I can't get into setup mode anymore. No servos will dance for me, it did before the update.

First of all did you try to rebind your heli to the transmitter after doing the firmware updates? If not that would be the first step. I would hope that you backed up your .spm (model) files in your transmitter by exporting them to a SD card and then saving them in a folder on your laptop or other PC as sometimes a firmware upgrade can in very few instances corrupt or erase your model files, its good practice to back them up.

Which version of firmware was on your 230 S prior to updating it and did you confirm the update was successful. When you say the latest FW are you referring to V4.36 for the 230 S? Also what make model of transmitter do you have. You need to provide more detail as to what happened and what equipment you are working with in order to come up with plausible solutions.

As mentioned in the beginning .... rebind the heli to the transmitter first and then take it from there.

Kevin
Old 12-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjoeller1986 View Post

I recently discovered that in order to access various administrative adjustments that require use of the bind switch, ie trim flight, servo centering, calibration modes, etc; the throw travel needs to be above 70. Meaning if the servo travel is set to 100, the DR needs to be 70 or higher.

I found this out when after changing my DR's to 100/100 for high rate and 65/65 for low rate, I could no longer get the heli into trim flight mode if I had the rate switch set to low rates. But it would work still if the rate switch was in high rates.
motoxxxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail rotor adapter installation

Another addition: when installing the tail rotor adapter onto the motor shaft, DO NOT install it all the way down on the shaft. Space it out a hair, so once it's tightened to the shaft you can grab the motor shell and pull it in/out ~1mm.

Having it seated all the way down the shaft causes it to bind up when it gets hot, which will bring the tail to a screeching halt mid flight, causing it to piro out of control

Description of what happened, what I tested, and what I concluded:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=801113
Brick and drparker151 like this.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:19 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

good tip man !
Old 07-22-2023, 05:39 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

I have been flying my 230s (original) for couple of years now - well over a thousand flights, best Cost/Enjoyment machine!!!

Recently the front servo stopped working (I opened it up, the gears seem fine). Time for me to replace it.

Was wondering are there any upgrade servos you all would recommend or just stick with the stock servo? I saw the one Microheli makes, but those are almost as heavy as the KST215s (they are about 5grams heavier than the stock H3055s).

I do have quite a few KST215s in my tool box, but swapping them over will add 15grams - guessing that will make a difference to these micro helis.

Look forward to your feedback/experience.

Cheers, Khan

Last edited by wrath-of-khan; 07-22-2023 at 08:17 PM..
wrath-of-khan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2023, 12:54 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I doubt 15 grammes will make much diference to it as a few of us fly these with scale fuselages etc and they still fly fine
wrath-of-khan likes this.
Old 07-23-2023, 03:29 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 230s v2

How do I get rid of tail wag please?
youkhaneh450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2023, 07:55 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by youkhaneh450 View Post
How do I get rid of tail wag please?
Fast Tail Wag
o Reduce P until fast wag stops
o Reduce I slightly
o fine tune with D

Slow Tail Wag
o Increase I
o Increase D
ExCCHP is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in