Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Co-Pilot II recovery question

I received my CP2 yesterday, installed it and after a couple of test flights it will hold my 450 in a stable hover with minor stick input.Preflight checks have been good with a 60 deg temp variation (it said this both days that i have flown it). If I take the bird up about 20' and give it a lot of stick input to get it moving fast in any direction when I put the stick back to center it will level out but it still goes fast in the direction it was traveling until I correct it with the sticks. Is this normal or should it try to hover in one spot? I should mention that I am still using training gear on the heli. I also have the sensitivity set at; pitch = 90, and roll = 75. The auto trim is maxed out at 9.
So far I am very happy with the CP2 but until I learn more I do not want to "push" it any further.
Thank you all in advance for you help!
chargh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, welcome to the growing family. In answer to your main question, CPII only levels the swash and the heli of course, it has no idea where in space the heli is heading, it'll sure do it level.......
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your question is valid, and to answer it...

Even though the CPII will recover your bird to level flight, the momentum will keep it moving in the last direction it was headed, so unless you put an input to your sticks it will continue in the direction it was headed.

If your looking to have your heli stop dead you would need a GPS with way point programming

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Your question is valid, and to answer it...

Even though the CPII will recover your bird to level flight, the momentum will keep it moving in the last direction it was headed, so unless you put an input to your sticks it will continue in the direction it was headed.

If your looking to have your heli stop dead you would need a GPS with way point programming

.. I really like lamens Terms A little input always helps Lol

This is so true ive had my heli dead to rights hover dead balls.right on..And then moved the stick foward and then mid stick right away...It still came at me..This system will assit but not fly it fo you ..Lol but is the best system out there hands down ..Customer service etc ....Thanks Fma No check needed ,, lol
icerat4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That is kinda what I thought but wanted to make sure.
I will say this for CP2, before I installed it I was limited to just TRYING to hover although there where a few times that the bird would stay in one spot for about twenty seconds and I even had a "hands free" hover for about three seconds. After I installed CP2 I can hover the entire battery if I so desire! Today I tried FF and had it out about 400' from me. No problems at all! I will still be taking baby steps but at least I am learning to walk instead of just crawling.
Thanks again for all of your help.
chargh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chargh; I'm in a very similar boat as you it seems regarding flying skills. I had CPll for 2 weeks and I can do loops and rolls. I can also recover the bird when it takes life of it's own and rockets off high and far

One thing that I would suggest is that you should master hovering without CPll and as you progress in your other maneuvers turn off CPll for easy situations and use it as a bailout.

I don't have a lot of patience so I try the aerobatics before knowing how to fly forward with authority... but that's me

Enjoy!!
tribe3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
.. I really like lamens Terms A little input always helps Lol

This is so true ive had my heli dead to rights hover dead balls.right on..And then moved the stick foward and then mid stick right away...It still came at me..This system will assit but not fly it fo you ..Lol but is the best system out there hands down ..Customer service etc ....Thanks Fma No check needed ,, lol
Well they should send you a cheque.. BTW spring is here, today it would have even worked in the UK. LOL. Well my bit of the UK. Ivor
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in