Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300CFX

300CFX Blade 300CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #81 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
That is simply not true. Horizon Hobby even distributes aftermarket brands! The Blade 300CFX was designed because we love RC helicopters, and we know other people do too, and we knew that the 300 could be even better.
Brian, for those of us wit updated 300x already (motor,esc, mg servos, etc), will the new frame essentially be a drop in? I like the new cyclic config, but not enough to go for an entire bird at this time. If not, I'll likely go with a lynx frame if the new stock cfx frame ends up being too much aggro.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman67 View Post
It is hard to believe that this has changed so much only because of the motor being mounted upside down and attaching an 11tooth pinion.
I wonder how much that larger pinion is going to nuke the already short flight times. You don't get something for 'nuthin.
resnik44 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 06:25 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman67 View Post
what I'd be very interested to understand is, if the 300CFX prototype that was smacked so hard in the unofficial video by James Haley REALLY had the stock motor and ESC built in.
Knowing how much the rpm of the original 300X would decrease in hard manouvers like the ones shown in the video, It is hard to believe that this has changed so much only because of the motor being mounted upside down and attaching an 11tooth pinion.

Or how do you guys see that? I mean, judging from the sound in the video, this little fella holds the rpm pretty damn well - much better than what I would expect from the stock motor and ESC.

EDIT: and when I say "stock" I mean the parts from the original 300X
Never flown the original 300. Maybe James used some really killer lipos you think?

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 06:29 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by resnik44 View Post
I wonder how much that larger pinion is going to nuke the already short flight times. You don't get something for 'nuthin.
Hello, nice to see you're back, if I presume you are who your are! Has DJX said hello yet?

Old 02-18-2014, 07:26 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Never flown the original 300. Maybe James used some really killer lipos you think?
nope. Just some off the shelf E-Flite Lipos we have in the office. We'll also have the 300 CFX at the Las Vegas Fun Fly next month, and we'll be flying them there all stock, just how they come. Anyone is welcome to come check them out.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:12 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! Too far away from me but, I'm pretty much getting one, I suspect, just don't tell the wife!

Old 02-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Hello, nice to see you're back, if I presume you are who your are! Has DJX said hello yet?
Will is not able to pin him down this time. . His new i.p is showing of one in Phoenix Arizona. . David Barshi actually lives near chino valley az.

So Resnik44. . After 2.5 years it looks like you have "finally" mastered the touch of I.P bending from 100 miles away from phx.

Just don't show your true colors, be kool. and Welcome back to H.F for the 12th time. ..... Don't ever follow me around and make for a mess and all will be kool . .
Dejavu*Xion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
nope. Just some off the shelf E-Flite Lipos we have in the office. We'll also have the 300 CFX at the Las Vegas Fun Fly next month, and we'll be flying them there all stock, just how they come. Anyone is welcome to come check them out.
Any chance of us test flying them?
HorizonHobbyFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 06:58 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Brian for answering these questions so quickly.

Since I trust you guys to tell the truth when asked direct questions, I must admit, that I am in fact impressed!! ...and intrigued to buy one of the first ones (just like I got one of the first original 300Xs available on the German market almost 2 years ago - ripped it right out of the hands of my LHS guy on the day of it's first release, it didn't even have a price tag on it yet. )

The only thing I still don't get is, why you still put the same motor in. Or did you do any R&D on the bearing issue in the meantime ?
and what about the BEC part of that ESC - has that been overhauled at all ? I had two crashes because of brown-outs with my original 300X (one resulted in a total devastation - boooom)
Old 02-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

same shitty plastic servo
same loose tail gear setup
nice carbon frame but we need that tweek it part of the 300X smotth

only nice thing is the head but 399$ hahahh
Walkera Super CP, Ladybird
dalid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

I won't be getting one, but its still only $99 more than the ar7200 here. and comparable with getting the 300X and adding the aluminium head, tail and carbon fibre blades. I might spring for the frame then again I'll most likely just get the lynx or microheli one.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalid View Post

Not totally fair... they only increased the MSRP by $20 and have added a lot to it. Sure they may not have addressed some issues, but that's a fairly nice upgrade for only $20 more.... even though that will translate to a lot more when they first come out, considering you can get a standard 300x for a little over $200 right now...
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 02:43 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on what xenophobe wrote.

Also, my concern is not so much about the servos or the tail. Admitting that both are not top quality, I never had an issue with these components.
I am much more concerned about the BEC and the motor bearing (see my earlier posting)
Old 02-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalid View Post

Is this not the same aluminium head they have been offering as an "upgrade" for some time now? Not sure I have seen even one positive review of that or any of the other blade bling. Just sayin!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well then here's one my aluminum head block and grips are great, not a lot of fitment issues and it spins perfectly true. Bear in mind they aren't lynx so basically all they are is aluminum copies of the plastic parts, nothing special.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 01:30 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm thinking it's going to fly really heavy. Am I wrong on this? Same motor as the original Blade 300x that I have right? E-fliteŽ 320H 4500Kv brushless outrunner motor?
R/C Planes '84-'85, Cars '85-'92, Heli's 2008-Now. AMA Lifetime Member #L1337, IRCHA #3930, TREX TB70, Blade 300cfx, Fusion 180, 230SNight, TRex 500e FB, TRex 500L Dominator FBL, & Spektrum DX9. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mentalteleprosy
Squiggy Wigginz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggy Wigginz View Post
I'm thinking it's going to fly really heavy. Am I wrong on this? Same motor as the original Blade 300x that I have right? E-fliteŽ 320H 4500Kv brushless outrunner motor?
Yes, same motor. I asked a Blade guy on facebook about the extra weight and he said it has a different pinion. A larger pinion will provide more power for a given setup to a point, but it will also lessen your flight times. You don't get something for nothing. I asked how much flight times were affected and, not surprisingly, never got a reply.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewarrior View Post
Yes, same motor. I asked a Blade guy on facebook about the extra weight and he said it has a different pinion. A larger pinion will provide more power for a given setup to a point, but it will also lessen your flight times. You don't get something for nothing. I asked how much flight times were affected and, not surprisingly, never got a reply.
A bigger pinion isn't going to give any more power. It will just increase head speed while lowering torque. If torque goes to low, the heli will bog.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpod View Post
A bigger pinion isn't going to give any more power. It will just increase head speed while lowering torque. If torque goes to low, the heli will bog.
The larger pinion was the reason the Blade guy gave when I specifically asked him about the extra power it seemed to have when the entire powertrain is completely stock from the old 300X. Except for the new pinion. So, it seems as if the stock motor can handle it but that's going to come at the sacrifice of flight time with which my related question was not answered for some reason.

And, as long as the motor can handle it, a larger pinion can definitely provide more power in the drivetrain. If not, then why even offer larger pinions? My 550X couldn't handle the 2500rpm I wanted on the stock 14T pinion, but it performs beautifully with the 16T pinion at the cost of shorter flight times, which I find acceptable for what I want out of the heli. A larger pinion lowers the gear ratio. A lower gear ratio always provides more torque...if the motor can handle it...
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the unofficial video James Haley HAMMERS it for 3:20. I think flight times for an average pilot will not be an issue.

Unofficial Video - Blade 300 CFX (3 min 37 sec)
jchandler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in