Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 2 for 1 sale

Can anyone explain to me why we can only get the 2-for-1 deal over the phone? I tried to place my order, and read that on the site.

Thanks!
F6Hawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think it just saves JB the headach of changing the stuff on the site so he does not have a extra part number to mess up the inventory. Just give him a yell and he will hook you up.

If you leave him a message he prob. will give you a call back and take your order today.
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll say it again. Add a product that costs $300 dollars that is 2x Panteras, don't see what's so hard about that. When the deal is over, delete that product. Let me see it could be the Pantera part # with a "2" at the end, how novel.
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazager View Post
I'll say it again. Add a product that costs $300 dollars that is 2x Panteras, don't see what's so hard about that. When the deal is over, delete that product. Let me see it could be the Pantera part # with a "2" at the end, how novel.
Let me guess Kazager your mom did not teach you a phone is used for more than just text.
You can talk on it to !

Some order software do not have the ability to load 2 different prices for the same item, in fact most.

While some people only can afford 1 setting the price for 2 that are different than its original would not work. Hence (1) for 199.00 or (2) for 300.00 do the math ,but you knew this already didn't you .
Old 11-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6Hawk View Post
Can anyone explain to me why we can only get the 2-for-1 deal over the phone? I tried to place my order, and read that on the site.

Thanks!
Brother , just send JB a email or pm here, he will take care of you, we know your "out of town".

Old 11-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

you're telling me a UNIQUE product number that causes John to ship 2 Pantera's is a stretch? My recommendation, if you missed it, was to take the pantera part # and add a "2" to the end, just as an example. If that can't be done, I hope no parts ever need to be added to inventory or a whole new "order software" will need to be purchased. You need to keep your insults to yourself, mine is a good suggestion, whether of not you think it is. Also, other than adding it, nothing would need to be changed, it could just be placed "out of stock" to keep it from being purchased, or like the Tiger, change it to $999.00.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Not THAT big of a deal, Warlock, and I sure didn't mean to pound on the hornets' nest! I was just in the I NEED IT NOW mode after trying my first loop last night. Needless to say, folks who are young at R/C helis, and on their own, need more practice and judgment of altitude before trying this simple maneuver. Terra Firma won, the ground came up faster than the heli could pull out of the loop. So a coupla blades, broke gear, and 2 side frames shot, plus the tail boom, and I figure I will just order another pair of kits, and use THIS one for spare parts.

I can wait a few more hours and call JB, just gotta stay up LATE to "get-er-dun".

Cheers!

(Pics available upon request for faithful mourners to view during the wake)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grwarlock View Post
Brother , just send JB a email or pm here, he will take care of you, we know your "out of town".
Old 11-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry Hawk I did not notice where you live at. Now I see why calling on the phone would be a pain. Do the PM version and he can make you a invoice or something like that.

On your loop, did you forget to add some neg. collective at the top? I have a problem with flying on my right side. Left side I can make everything nice and smooth and keep everything on the same plane but right side I bounce, dip and always wants to drop like a rock.
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6Hawk View Post
Not THAT big of a deal, Warlock, and I sure didn't mean to pound on the hornets' nest! I was just in the I NEED IT NOW mode after trying my first loop last night. Needless to say, folks who are young at R/C helis, and on their own, need more practice and judgment of altitude before trying this simple maneuver. Terra Firma won, the ground came up faster than the heli could pull out of the loop. So a coupla blades, broke gear, and 2 side frames shot, plus the tail boom, and I figure I will just order another pair of kits, and use THIS one for spare parts.

I can wait a few more hours and call JB, just gotta stay up LATE to "get-er-dun".

Cheers!

(Pics available upon request for faithful mourners to view during the wake)

(Bows head and mumbles a prayer)

I did that with my Predator was not purdy nor was it cheap to fix. Some thing about x mistakes high slipped my mind .

Live and learn

Let us know where to send the cards and flowers , Military burial ?

No hornets nest my brother, I work in a job were I have to deal with these types all the time. I will not here.
Maybe one needs to think before one types else get one ass chewed.

On Second thought ,we could ask him to go get a left handed skyhook.

BTW send me a pix of your RL Mil. bird you fly. I want to see !
Old 11-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have to deal with these types all the time. I will not here.
Quote:
Maybe one needs to think before one types else get one ass chewed.
wow, gwarlock, that's pretty low. I think you need to examine yourself, I did not personally attach anyone as you did...
Quote:
Let me guess Kazager your mom did not teach you a phone is used for more than just text.
You can talk on it to !
I think you have a serious issue. Your own statements show you to be "those people", not me. I merely made a suggestion, and JB is free to run his business as he sees fit.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
wow, gwarlock, that's pretty low. I think you need to examine yourself, I did not personally attach anyone as you did...

I think you have a serious issue. Your own statements show you to be "those people", not me. I merely made a suggestion, and JB is free to run his business as he sees fit.
"'ll say it again. Add a product that costs $300 dollars that is 2x Panteras, don't see what's so hard about that. When the deal is over, delete that product. Let me see it could be the Pantera part # with a "2" at the end, how novel."

This to me is condescending and an attack. If you want to help him ask him before running off at the mouth.

PM me if you have any other issues as I will not say more here.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got the work number ringing here tonight, give me a call and I'll get you hooked up.

As for the website's software, until you've walked a mile in my shoes, please refrain from chewing on my tail about it. Believe me, nobody is more frustrated than me about the situation but there are only so many hours in the day, and while learning CSS is definitely on the list, there are other things taking priority at present. Meanwhile, adding product numbers willy-nilly for a special situation is not the way I want to go because of the repercussions you may not understand until you run a business and try to derive useful data from the figures.

Sadly, while some aspects of my software are Mickey Mouse (with appropriate apologies to Disney), others are world class. With maturity I've learned it's sometimes wise to be happy with good enough and work arounds . . . and believe me, this is one of those instances!
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by grwarlock View Post
"'ll say it again. Add a product that costs $300 dollars that is 2x Panteras, don't see what's so hard about that. When the deal is over, delete that product. Let me see it could be the Pantera part # with a "2" at the end, how novel."
Working in very high-end e-commerce I can tell you there is more to it than just adding another product with a 2 at the end of the description. You need to be able to tie it to stock levels as well, most out of the box systems have a single sku tied to inventory. Although they might be able to add in a hack, the repercussions down the road could cause problems, or it could just be too much work to implement for a short term.

I think the fact that Audacity is making this offer available to the community & taking care of people over the phone is the thing to focus on, not the limitations of their online system to support special deals.
nielsm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

John,
If you took what I said as an "attack" I apologize. It was not meant to be, and definitely not meant to tell you how to run your business, or decide for you where your time is best spent.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not at all, I just wanted to defuse the situation. Believe me, nobody is more frustrated than I am with my software, and this work around is the best I can gin up without messing with the system and potentially ending up with a bigger problem than I want to deal with. Computers operate on the gigo principal (garbage in, garbage out) and thus, I don't do anything, which might affect the ability of the system to extract and deliver 'good' numbers. Moreover, I know everybody here is rooting for our success, for which I thank you guys, so I appreciate your continued patience.
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
Old 11-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Besides, gives you a chance to talk helis with the man himself. Thanks for all the help John and hope i haven't been too much of a pain. I get happier with my kit every time i touch it and it's about ready to fly.
helipainter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeh its great that JB will will open his time off phone to overseas customers.
I have never regretted my Audacity decision
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well, $500 later, and I soon won't have to worry about not being a pilot anymore!

Thanks JB for the great service!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My pleasure Dave, and thank you for your business, we appreciate it!
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
Old 12-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
John,
If you took what I said as an "attack" I apologize. It was not meant to be, and definitely not meant to tell you how to run your business, or decide for you where your time is best spent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeech View Post
Not at all, I just wanted to defuse the situation. Believe me, nobody is more frustrated than I am with my software, and this work around is the best I can gin up without messing with the system and potentially ending up with a bigger problem than I want to deal with. Computers operate on the gigo principal (garbage in, garbage out) and thus, I don't do anything, which might affect the ability of the system to extract and deliver 'good' numbers. Moreover, I know everybody here is rooting for our success, for which I thank you guys, so I appreciate your continued patience.
Wow! Before I got to these posts, I thought I was on some otheRR forum. Thanks for keeping HeliFreak the way all online forums should be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in