Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tried her out - Didn't Crash at least!

So I got my used SR set-up this weekend with the stock transmitter and a 1300 battery pack. Just spooling up the tail kicks fast clockwise. Didn't really fly her as the tail required constant left stick input to hold her straight. I did try her in full stunt mode, because I prefer that in my B450 3D, but she was just too unstable. I sort of just bumped around on the ground and only hover a bit off the ground. I just didn't want to crash her and she needs some attention. I plan to switch to my DX6i and be able to adjust the gyro on the radio. I guess adjusting the gyro will help the tail our I hope...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't be afraid to trim opposite the way she's swinging. Some guys refuse to use trim when a "proper" mechanical setup doesn't require any. I use it on my SR and it straightens her out just fine. You could try it just so you could get it in a hover to check other issues then do a full and "proper" mechanical setup. Just my opinion. Fly well.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the yellow wire plugged in? Unplug it and try that......
I just went through the same thing tonight after building one from my bench stock.
I have it bound to the stock radio.....when I first powered it up the tail was all over the place....I had bound it with yellow wire hooked up.....unplugged it and it holds like a rock now....well as good as the rock defined by the SR is.....haha actually it's holding really good.
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i was having the same issue when i first flew mine, it took all kinds of left trim to hold the tail in place. then i plugged the yellow wire in, mounted the gyro on "gel" tape and using the stock radio i kept playing with the gyro adjustment knob until the heli setteled in, my adjustment knob is at about 3:30 pm if you pretend its a clock, i'm not saying that this will work for you but it did for me......worth a try anyway.
WhiteCloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 04:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCloud View Post
i was having the same issue when i first flew mine, it took all kinds of left trim to hold the tail in place. then i plugged the yellow wire in, mounted the gyro on "gel" tape and using the stock radio i kept playing with the gyro adjustment knob until the heli setteled in, my adjustment knob is at about 3:30 pm if you pretend its a clock, i'm not saying that this will work for you but it did for me......worth a try anyway.
Haha, that's something! This is how finicky this heli can be.....my yellow wire was plugged in when I first built this 3rd one out of spare parts, and the tail kept drifting to the left....I didn't even mess with the channel 5 knob which is set in the 12 o'clock position. As soon as I unplugged it, the tail holds very nicely! Even on idle up she's firm. The other two SR's SR1 uses a gy48 gyro, with the tail being adjusted by the DX6i. SR2 is stock gyro, adjustments made through the 110 stock gyro, along with the DX6i, the SR3 is completely stock using stock radio.
It didn't even dawn on me to try adjusting the channel 5 knob, because I'd only used the DX6i from the beginning with both SR 1-2. Oh well, it's flying so good now I don't even wanna mess with it..
500 Pro DFC
Old 11-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got her setup on my DX6i tonight using the SR bible links. Did ok, but I need up catching the skid on landing flipped on her side. I pulled throttle hold but looking down from the top I'm seeing the min shaft wobbling. So looks like I bent it, going to heck LHS tomorrow for parts.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
Got her setup on my DX6i tonight using the SR bible links. Did ok, but I need up catching the skid on landing flipped on her side. I pulled throttle hold but looking down from the top I'm seeing the min shaft wobbling. So looks like I bent it, going to heck LHS tomorrow for parts.
Feathering shaft or main shaft?
500 Pro DFC
Old 11-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it was the feathering shaft. All back together time for another try!
Old 11-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's good! Easy fix, don't have to take so much apart! Hope your
your fight goes well! Flying don't look so good here for me, windy windy all week looks like...
500 Pro DFC
Old 11-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Test flight went well, no crashing She sure seems to require constant attention on the sticks, seem s to just move around a lot, my 4503D is more stable then this little bird.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
Test flight went well, no crashing She sure seems to require constant attention on the sticks, seem s to just move around a lot, my 4503D is more stable then this little bird.
Maybe try adjusting expo, could be blade tracking also, they do want to move around a bit.
Mine sometimes do that but seem to settle down a bit
just a slight tweak here or there makes a difference on em it seems.
500 Pro DFC
Old 12-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I think I'm done with this one.

So the setting did seem to help, but she is just too squirely for me and I prefer my 450 3D. I also of course just put her down hard, flipped over and tore up the head. HH says it is $50 in parts, any one interested in this for say $40 shipped for the helicopter.

She needs the following:
Main blades
Tail boom
Paddle control frame
Rotor head set
Center hub
Main Blade Grips

Everything looks mint other then those parts, canopy is in perfect shape. I have some extra main shafts, feathering shaft, an tail rotor.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

well jr I just got this SR broken and I have ordered pieces to fix it. I am now dealing with the constant left stick input as it spins for me too I am so new to this so I have a million questions and probably just as many wrong assumptions.

I did not see how you corrected the spin. What SR Bible link helped the most? or was it nighttrain or whiteclouds suggestions ?

Sorry to hear you crashed and if I lived near you I would totally take yours for parts but .... I'm quite a ways away.
ctclee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctclee View Post
well jr I just got this SR broken and I have ordered pieces to fix it. I am now dealing with the constant left stick input as it spins for me too I am so new to this so I have a million questions and probably just as many wrong assumptions.

I did not see how you corrected the spin. What SR Bible link helped the most? or was it nighttrain or whiteclouds suggestions ?

Sorry to hear you crashed and if I lived near you I would totally take yours for parts but .... I'm quite a ways away.
What's your heli doing? Spinning on ya? Is this after a crash or after fixing it?
500 Pro DFC
Old 12-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

First things first ...... Ensure your tail rotor is on the right way

And as Nighttrain says ........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in