Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
Exactly why I qualified my statement with "most"
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow new 130x's are $177 shipped? Ultimate hobbies 300x $232..I know 130x add few $100's to keep it flying right.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
You beat me to it. They are also working on some new esc programming and rapid esc's that can reverse the motors in flight, allowing flips and inverted flight without changing the pitch of the blades. Once that becomes mainstream, we'll have 3d capable brushless nano qx's with zero mechanical setup, safe mode, and the best reliability/durability.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found it. vimeo.com/61127136

Ultra esc's and bidirectional fixed pitch blades on ultra light micro quads will be the future. That's my prediction.

Servos, gears, bearings, frames, belts, and tt's scare some people. You can bolt 4 motors to a sheet of carbon fiber, bolt 4 props on them, plug them into ultra esc's, plug those into a preconfigured multiwii flight controller, plug in your rx, plug in a battery, and fly. Maintenance is lubing 8 bearings then fly. Crashes probably result in replacing a couple $1 props then fly.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys, I was being a bit facetious with my comments on quads. I don't even have a 3 year old. Youngest is 11 and he flies the 130X. Some of you guys get so dang defensive over quads, jeez..

Yes, I had/have fun with my nQX. Yes, it was worth every penny of $70. But, it is not a helicopter. The flight characteristics are not the same, and for me, it is not as challenging. And therefore not as rewarding. Wow I really pinched a nerve with the quad crowd huh?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcworthGator View Post
Guys, I was being a bit facetious with my comments on quads. I don't even have a 3 year old. Youngest is 11 and he flies the 130X. Some of you guys get so dang defensive over quads, jeez..
When you hear the same comments over and over about how we don't fit into what others define as "their" hobby it gets old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcworthGator View Post
Yes, I had/have fun with my nQX. Yes, it was worth every penny of $70. But, it is not a helicopter. The flight characteristics are not the same, and for me, it is not as challenging. And therefore not as rewarding. Wow I really pinched a nerve with the quad crowd huh?
Again, are you talking about flying in SAFE mode or Agility mode? I'm really curious what differences (aside from negative pitch) you see in the flight characteristics between a 3-axis flight controller on a quad and a CP helicopter.
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Foos..deciding on a 130x 300x maybe 350qx..I have a 180qx and nano cpx.. 180qx is great super stable..I had a 130x but I think it had a bad board awhile ago..I returned it..think might get another one just because of a decent price.and I live in a town home small area..
Old 02-10-2014, 07:58 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoosYou View Post
When you hear the same comments over and over about how we don't fit into what others define as "their" hobby it gets old.
I was not aware of the division in hobbies, just stating a fact. A quadcopter is not the same as a helicopter, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoosYou View Post
Again, are you talking about flying in SAFE mode or Agility mode? I'm really curious what differences (aside from negative pitch) you see in the flight characteristics between a 3-axis flight controller on a quad and a CP helicopter.
I said I love flying it. When I fly it in stability mode it's fun and easy. When I fly it in agility mode it is more challenging, but not fun to me. Personally.

Difference in flight characteristics:
  1. I can't tell which way its going when it gets more than 20 feet from me
  2. It does not have a tail for rudder control, thus it uses the speed of each motor to affect rudder control. This "feels" different to me.
  3. It reacts to throttle input differently than a CP heli. Again, this "feels" different to me.
  4. You can not challenge yourself further than flips and rolls, whereas heli's go far beyond into complex 3d maneuvers. I am certainly not there yet, but heli's offer that opportunity.
  5. The one you stated.
  6. Even CP quad would mitigate some of this, but I like heli's better.

Notice all of that had to do with me. As for my original statement, I will add: in STABILITY mode, they fly themselves. With the 350QX, quite literally. That is my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in