Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New MSRx: Yes or no?

I have an bMSR and a mCP x. I love my mCPx but it is out of action use to the weird motor cutting out problem. I am in the process of replacing parts and what not for it.

What i want to ask you guys, mSRx aficionado's, is are there any issues like the motor cutting out problem on the mCPx?

Otherwise im looking to get a mSRx as a throw around heli (obviously not to much) for indoors. Its faster then the MSR, right? Piro's are slower, is it steady? Is is light enough so that when i crash it into say... my mum... it wont be to annoying?

Also, im thinking of making it ridiculous by adding LEDs and stuff just for fun. I know it will wreck performance etc, but hey its fun!
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddav View Post
is are there any issues like the motor cutting out problem on the mCPx?
Yes, the motor does seem to fail quickly in some cases, it will lose a substantial amount of power before failing.

Quote:
Its faster then the MSR, right?
Yes, much fast with a bigger main motor (tail is the same)

Quote:
Piro's are slower, is it steady? Is is light enough so that when i crash it into say... my mum... it wont be to annoying?
Steady depends on which direction, lots of left turn issues. Your mom will be pissed, it will leave a mark. avoid moms and dads at all costs.

Quote:
Also, im thinking of making it ridiculous by adding LEDs and stuff just for fun. I know it will wreck performance etc, but hey its fun!
Agree
ebeing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is much faster and more responsive than the mSR. Piro's are not as much fun as they are slower and not blazing fast like the mSR. Main motors are a problem on the X, see the numerous threads about the *&^% motors.

I would try not to crash it into my mum.. It's lighter, but has a higher stock head speed than the mSR. It needs a slight mechanical trim to the swash to make it more stable and behaved in left turns. Search "MM-mod".

It needs aluminium blade grips if you're gonna "throw it around" Blade strikes tend to break the link balls off of the stock grips. A matching aluminium rotor head and the mCPx tail boom assembly will help flight stability and handling even more. mCPx skids will fit with a slight modification giving you more battery options for longer flight times.

Not sure about adding LEDs, there's not many places on the 4-n-1 that you can pull the power from. I suppose you can pull directly from the battery contacts if you want to add some extra resistance to the circuit so you don't blow out the LEDs.

Hope that helps.
-Don
Dont155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeing View Post
Yes, the motor does seem to fail quickly in some cases, it will lose a substantial amount of power before failing.

Yes, much fast with a bigger main motor (tail is the same)

Steady depends on which direction, lots of left turn issues. Your mom will be pissed, it will leave a mark. avoid moms and dads at all costs.

Agree
The tail is not the same. The motor is actually more poweful than the old one and has a significant amount of holding power. No more blowouts!
Planes: Crack Yak, Habu, F-27Q Stryker, T-28D, UM P-51D, P-51 BL, UM SU-26XP, P-47D, UMX Beast v1 & 3D, UMX Sbach 342, UMX Extra 300 3D, UM F-27Q Stryker, H9 Mustang 40, UM Mosquito, Sky Angel 650mm Mustang/550mm FW190, FMS B-25, 64mm Mig-15 XG11 DX8
ElIntocable is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes on the msrx, the good outweighs the bad.
LawnDartHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Definitely worth it. It's an excellent mid-step between the mSR and mCP-X; higher headspeed than the mSR, but lower than the mcpx.. so a little more twitchy, but not TOO bad. As a result, also makes orientation and compensation/response training for a FBL heli MUCH easier than the mcpx.
The takeoff is a bit annoying... MUCH more lateral right thrust than either the mSR or mcpx, will skate (QUICKLY!) along a smooth-ish surface unless you pop it into the air quick. No smooth/gradual takeoffs of which the mcpx is capable. Same with landing.. you touch down with one skid then cut power, flopping down onto the other side rather than a completely controlled two-point landing.

Left turns are annoying (as noted by many others) but can be compensated for with aileron input and a quick hand.

Oh, and do NOT use your mSR/mCX packs. Tried one of my old eF 150s just to see if it was marketing hype to push the 25C packs, and it was worryingly hot at the end of a three-minute flight. Looks like the draw of the faster motor(s) and FBL actually *does* need the higher draw rate.

All of the down sides are easily compensated for by eliminating the pendulum effect and at least a large chunk of the right-curve and drop during FFF. Totally worth it.
Talesin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, the mSRX is what I wanted when I got my mcpx. I found the jump to be too great from msr to mcpx and I got very sick of breaking the tail on my mcpx.
After owning the msrx for 5 days I really think that I would be a much better mcpx pilot if I hadn't sold it already
I am doing funnels in clockwise and counter clockwise directions and am about to start on tail in funnels. Figure 8's are getting pretty bloody tight too!
It handles wind really well too.
rooni79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I managed tail in funnels with my MSR, though i still am to poor at orientation to do figure 8s. I found that the mCPx isnt hard to pilot, but its hard to pilot well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in