Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best Nano CPX replacement battery thread

Assuming everyone else gets 2-3 minutes of flight out of the stock batteries, has anyone had better experience with a replacement battery from aftermarket sources?

I picked up one Venom 1S 3.7 150mah battery and so far it may be slightly better than the stock batteries and cost 3.99 at the LHS. I also use Venom 1300mah batteries in my Blade SR and they are simply amazing when compared to the stock 1100mah EFlight batteries. They are heavier, but well suited to the tail heavy SR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

From my experience so far, I normally get 4 minutes of operation from my E-Flite batteries and they are 3.99 each when I purchase them from my LHS or Blade online.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have some oversky 200mah batteries coming in and will try them. they don't weigh that much more than stock, but are a hair longer. I'll let you know.

Also, in the brushless subforum, there's a battery thread with lots of opinions.
Compusmurf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Glacier batteries

I just got some glacier batteries from EP Buddy in Ohio. They list as only 20C but they say that the are very conservative with their listing. My heli both sounds and flies like the headspeed is higher with them than the stock and I have more charge left after a flight then on my stock batteries.

They are super cheap too! $2.00 a battery and he shipped 7 of them to me in Alaska for $3.00 in shipping. Check it out.
baumeister is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

"I normally do not give feedback. But I have tried a lot of batteries out there that all have been less than what they claim. Using the Glacier batteries in my MSRx are in fact what they claim. I broke in 4 batteries today on the bench and the all charged over 160mah. Nano batteries were nowhere near the stock eFlight 150's! Some nano batteries even make the MSRx unflyable. A few people I know have had the same problem. My MSRx is VERY power hungry and on top of that i run a front LED!! Even more than my Nano CPX! These batteries are also a perfect fit not being any thicker than stock so your landing gear is not stretched and more likely to break! I can't wait till they come out with a battery for the MQX!"
audacity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've mentioned about the Glacier 160mAh but nobody have seem to try it and reported back. (In some way a good thing, so there won't be a run on them.)

Funny that there's now two back to back comment on them and it's inline with my own experience.

They are possible the best cell out there in term of performance, price, fit. You can't lose for the price.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default flight time 8 min 55 sec

Check this, flight time 8 min 55 sec:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=57

Here is how to:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=481746

Putting biger capacity lipos is not good idea because increases weight.

Flight time is depending mainly on RPM:

Look what Jan Henseleit wrote in TDR manual:
"For the same flight condition „Hovering at one position“ 570W is required at 1300 rpm at the rotor and at 1850 rpm you already need 1000W. At more than 2100 rpm 1500W are required, i. e. nearly the triple amount, although you do nothing more than hovering."

http://www.henseleit-helicopters.de/...anual-2011.pdf

You can get even 30min flight with 600/700/1000 class heli if you stick to low RPM.

For Nano I use 160mAh 30C Turnigy lipos $1,7 from HobbyKing.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html

I recharge them with 100-130mA currents. I never fly till motor cuts off. In general 3.8V per cell after flight with bigger models is my rule.

If you fly 30sec-1min shorter lipos never get hot. This way you can have more flights with your lipo.

In mSR, 4 port charger you can lower current from 300mA to 130mA using potentiometers inside recharger (RC Groups thread)

Hope this will make your flights longer and lipos last longer...
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumeister View Post
I just got some glacier batteries from EP Buddy in Ohio. They list as only 20C but they say that the are very conservative with their listing. My heli both sounds and flies like the headspeed is higher with them than the stock and I have more charge left after a flight then on my stock batteries.

They are super cheap too! $2.00 a battery and he shipped 7 of them to me in Alaska for $3.00 in shipping. Check it out.
Thanks for the review, just ordered 5 of them.
StephenDS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

i use glaciers in my mcpx,msrx and nano cpx. when they restock their jst connectors ill make some mqx packs. it's been snowing and or windy here so i can't say how they run in 300x and larger for now.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use glaciers in my Nano CPX, MCPX V2, and my 130X. I've found that I can get 5+ minutes and still have 3.9 or more volts left after each flight, sport flying, mild 3D. Great batteries and you can't beat the price.
rcarraway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacity View Post
i use glaciers in my mcpx,msrx and nano cpx. when they restock their jst connectors ill make some mqx packs. it's been snowing and or windy here so i can't say how they run in 300x and larger for now.
do you have a link to those glaciers?
Braydubya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braydubya View Post
do you have a link to those glaciers?
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=337

I bought half a dozen for my msrx a couple months back. They work pretty well, however, the connectors on 3 of them don't fit right with the nano plug (the angle is wrong or something) so they would disconnect mid-flight if I did anything too aggressive. However, they are cheap, which is nice.

I bought some of the microheli 200mah 35c batteries, as well as some hyperion 160mah G3s and the 200mah 35c batteries off tmka1rchobby. I got the microhelis in today, and with 1 flight on each they were down to ~3.75 after 4 minutes of (mostly) hovering with my mild brushless. They did seem to have a lot more 'pop' than my e-flites, so I'm ok with that. Haven't gotten the other two kinds in yet.
smwht is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

epbuddy.com
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

i aways mean to order glaciers and then they are out. they seem to go quick.
dale at ep will take care of the ones with loose connectors.
their batteries do have serious punch. not just a little. so much that i would have to call them a mod! the nano doesn't seem to like the additional rpms(in idle up) with dinged up blades! i have to make a trip to get some spare blades today!
seems like more people would take them serious if they were 12 bucks and lied about their numbers! all 160 batteries i have got from them are over 165mah.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tested Hyperion 160 mAh 25C packs today. Inside, just did some hovering with them. Pitch pumps are better as the stock battery.
Flight times are longer too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using Hyperion 160mAh, miniaviation 190mAh and intellect 160 mAh as well as the stock 150's all are good IMO I get 4 minutes of flight on all of them...
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

The Glacier 160 are the same size as my Hyperion 160. And it's discharge curve is better.

The glacier 250 isn't as good compared to the Hyperion 240.

I like the performance of the Glacier 160. I mentioned it before but didn't want to press the issue. Because I want available stock and prices to stay the way they are.

But now I think the cats really out of the bag. :|
Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

went and got some nano blades. my daughter had practice for the production she is in at a local school so i snuck off to the gym and flew the glaciers in a open space. man do they scream. these things r the best kept secret for sure in the 160's...i just wanted to keep making high speed passes with both the nano and msrx. never flown in a gym. the floor was so slick that u could drag the skids and blades on the floor for 50 feet and still pull out of it without a scratch on anything. funny i've made a live n go n fast and these rc copters are fun as all hell.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just ordered 4x Turnigy 1s 160mah 25-40c batteries off eBay from flymyrc. Info below, hope they work out, my nano just ain't the same and I've already replaced my motor.

TURNIGY NANO-TECH 25-40c 1s 160mAh Batteries... 4 for A GREAT PRICE!!

More than just a fancy name. TURNIGY nano-tech lithium polymer batteries are built with an LiCo nano-technology substrate complex greatly improving power transfer making the oxidation/reduction reaction more efficient, this helps electrons pass more freely from anode to cathode with less internal impedance.
In short; less voltage sag and a higher discharge rate than a similar density lithium polymer (non nano-tech) battery.
For those that love graphs, it means a straighter, longer curve. For pilots it spells stronger throttle punches and unreal straight-up performance.
Excellent news for 3D pilots!

Unfortunately with other big brands; numbers, ratings and graphs can be fudged. Rest assured, TURNIGY nano-techs are the real deal, delivering unparalleled performance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered 5 of the Glaciers... at $2 a pop, can't go wrong!
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in