Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > SJM

SJM SJM Helicopters including SJM180

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SJM430E2 Tail Shaft Gear

I am replacing the tail rotor shaft on my 430 E2 and have a problem. The belt gear fits very tightly on this shaft. Hence, I am wondering how you guys line up the two set screws in the gear to the holes in the shaft. I thought about putting the shaft in a drill chucks to hold it and somehow rotate the gear to the correct position...rotating the gear is my problem as it fits so tightly on the shaft...

Also, since I am switching to the 59mm shaft, I would like to find some longer links for the tail rotor pitch. Any suggestions to source these links? I need to know where to get them as well as which ones!!

Get well Scott. I will be placing another small order from you shortly. Actually, could someone at your location properly align the belt gear on a 59mm tail rotr shaft for me?

I guess I should explain how all of this came about. I was flying in my driveway the other day and landed with tail just a bit over the edge of the concrete in the grass. Both tail blades hit the edge of the concrete and broke off. One of them flew forward and slammed into the AR7000 RX mounted up underneath. The result was carnage for the RX. The Rx still worked however, so I continued trying to fly not realizing the tail blades were gone. Couldn't figure out why the tail was so hard to contol!!

Fortunately, no more damage was sustained.

Live and learn...actually, a bit of a wind gust came up as I was landing. At least that is my excuse!!
Henry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Henry,

answered your post at RCGroups

You were fortunate that no more damage was sustained - and that the blades didn't hit you...

Regards,
Simon.
Nexus665 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes, you are right, Simon. Fortunately it was a side in landing so the other blade which did not hit the RX went across in front of me. But, I did not figure that out until after the landing since everything happened so fast.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Simon

I am in the process of making the tail rotor mod to increase pitch in my 430E2. I cannot find the post you sent me awhile back with dimensions and such for the longer ball links and the hole placement on each link.

Could I trouble you to re-send that info to me? I have a new pitch slider, rotor shaft and belt gear enroute from RC-Tek. I also found a local machinist willing to drill the holes in the ball links...I hope the spare links I have are long enough.

I believe the minor wreck I endured last week was a blessing in disguise!!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hiya,

it's in the neighbouring universe, but here goes:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post12326420

and some posts following it.

HTH!
Simon.
Nexus665 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I swear I looked there three times last night and did not see it.:glasses2:.

Thanks again, Simon!

Last edited by Henry; 07-07-2009 at 01:54 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in