Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Howard MatosQuote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Howard Matos:
Just to clarify, there is no manual calibration for CPII as long as you are using the Vertical Sensor. Therefore, the system will automatically compensate for change in temp when flying over vegetation vs. asphalt. In the older CPD4 which only has manual calibration, the aircraft might oscillate if you calibrate over vegetation and then fly mostly over asphalt. CPII does not suffer from this problem as long as the vertical sensor is installed and operating properly.

Howard,

Does this apply to the FS8 Co Pilot with the Z sensor too?

Thanks!
Locitur is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locitur View Post
Howard MatosQuote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Howard Matos:
Just to clarify, there is no manual calibration for CPII as long as you are using the Vertical Sensor. Therefore, the system will automatically compensate for change in temp when flying over vegetation vs. asphalt. In the older CPD4 which only has manual calibration, the aircraft might oscillate if you calibrate over vegetation and then fly mostly over asphalt. CPII does not suffer from this problem as long as the vertical sensor is installed and operating properly.

Howard,

Does this apply to the FS8 Co Pilot with the Z sensor too?

Thanks!
Hi,

Yes it does
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CPII Sensitivity

From what the manual states, you can control CPII sensitivity via a spare channel, say AUX2. Would changing the AUX2 (2-way switch) travel adjust (EPA's) on the DX7, change the CPII sensitivity and if so, what exactly changes on the CPII when you dail in a diffirent sensitivity %?

Does it change the sensitivity of the sensors or how the CPII reacts and corrects.

Does it make CPII react faster, as from my understanding the reaction response time is set via the gain on the CPII itself. Lower gain = slower correction response

Also, what is the use/need of the servo travel limit setting in the preferences menu for CPII?

Is there any relation between the sensitivity setting, the gain setting and the servo travel limit setting, and does one take presedence over others?
nicolasmit is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmit View Post
From what the manual states, you can control CPII sensitivity via a spare channel, say AUX2. Would changing the AUX2 (2-way switch) travel adjust (EPA's) on the DX7, change the CPII sensitivity and if so, what exactly changes on the CPII when you dail in a diffirent sensitivity %?

Does it change the sensitivity of the sensors or how the CPII reacts and corrects.

Does it make CPII react faster, as from my understanding the reaction response time is set via the gain on the CPII itself. Lower gain = slower correction response

Also, what is the use/need of the servo travel limit setting in the preferences menu for CPII?

Is there any relation between the sensitivity setting, the gain setting and the servo travel limit setting, and does one take presedence over others?

Hi,

I'm now using the CPII from FMA and I SLOWLY want to take more control and reduce the CPII help until I'm flying like one of the real "bad boys". Do I slowly reduce gain and increase stick priority? (or do I have this reversed)?

If you have a proportionaly AUX control, you can set the CPII up so you can vary the sensitivity from the TX. This is not the same thing as reducing the gains. Gain controls the gain of the op amps in the sensors. Higher sensitivity means the servo travel is increased during stabilization (using the gains that are set up using the programmer). This is a common misconception and actually, the results are similar. Either reducing gains or reducing sensitivity will cause a longer recovery time during stabilization. Stick priority also works differently from either Set Gains or adjusting sensitivity. Stick priority lowers the gain of the system as you move the stick further from neutral. A lower percent setting means the gain is turned down less; therefore the pilot feels like he has less control over the model and the CPII has more. Conversely, a higher percentage means the gain is turned down more the further the stick is moved from neutral. This gives the pilot seemingly more control over the aircraft.

We recommend:

1) If you are not getting any oscillation and you are actually looking for more control over the heli, then leave gains where they are.

2) Increase the percentage on stick priority. Experienced fliers tend to use higher figures like 150%.

3) If possible, set the CPII remote up on an AUX channel so that you can vary the sensitivity in the air. If this is not possible, then you may accomplish a similar objective by reducing the gains when you land and using the IRNet programmer.

4) You can also achieve no CPII interaction when CPII is switched OFF by reducing the Auto Trim function to zero. But when you do this, then the model will probably no longer be trimmed when CPII is ON. Use Set Angles menus to trim the heli when CPII is ON. To set Auto Trim to zero, you don't have to re-do setup. Go to preferences.
To answer your directly:

1) If you completed Quick Setup with your EPA set to 100%, and then you reduce them to 80% or something, you would have the effect of reducing the sensitivity of the CPII when the switch was in the ON position. But there is not a direct correlation between the % you set in your TX and the % sensitivity of CPII. What you would want to do is go to Preflight, and with the RMT ON, watch the % setting on the LCD as you adjust EPA in your TX.

2) Travel limit menu does the same thing as the above basically. You can set switch ON position to something less than 100% sensitivity.

3) I think the FAQ answers the balance of your questions. Let me know if otherwise.
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Howard, I'll give your suggestions a go and report back.
nicolasmit is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where are you guys buying these from, FMA or your LHS. If your LHS which ones
nine eagles is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine eagles View Post
Where are you guys buying these from, FMA or your LHS. If your LHS which ones
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=152843

I got mine from FMA direct. I'm doing well with quick setup and will move to 3D mode.

Freeflow
FreeFlow is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered my Co-pilot II. I can fly at a big school gym will the co-pilot work indoors.
johnnycat500 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sed unit NOT a gyro based
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
I just ordered my Co-pilot II. I can fly at a big school gym will the co-pilot work indoors.
absolutely NO!! don't even try it, CPII is a thermopile based unit NOT a gyro based

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
sed unit NOT a gyro based

absolutely NO!! don't even try it, CPII is a thermopile based unit NOT a gyro based
thanks for your reply. I did not think so but wanted to ask. Can't wait to get it
Old 08-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
thanks for your reply. I did not think so but wanted to ask. Can't wait to get it
Hope you enjoy it!!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know I will but I have a feeling I will be asking more questions here...LOL
Old 08-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no worries , that why we're here

Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks nightflyr
Old 08-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gain via Transmitter?

Howard's response in message #204 offered instructions as to how to use a channel with a variable knob or slider to control the "sensitivity" of the CP-ll. My question is: What sensitivity? The gain of the elevator and roll? Or, Stick Priority? Or, what? I have the remote on/off enabled via my trans., Is this the function that I would be varying, on/off? There is much written re setup issues on their website, but it isn't clear it is for the current CP-ll or previous CP's. The word gain and sensitivity seem to be used interchangeably. Very confusing!

Can anyone bring clarity to the issue of exactly, what is being varied??

Thanks, Bill

Bill Fleming is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fleming View Post
Howard's response in message #204 offered instructions as to how to use a channel with a variable knob or slider to control the "sensitivity" of the CP-ll. My question is: What sensitivity? The gain of the elevator and roll? Or, Stick Priority? Or, what? I have the remote on/off enabled via my trans., Is this the function that I would be varying, on/off? There is much written re setup issues on their website, but it isn't clear it is for the current CP-ll or previous CP's. The word gain and sensitivity seem to be used interchangeably. Very confusing!

Can anyone bring clarity to the issue of exactly, what is being varied??

Thanks, Bill

this seems pretty clear to me.....

If you have a proportionaly AUX control, you can set the CPII up so you can vary the sensitivity from the TX. This is not the same thing as reducing the gains. Gain controls the gain of the op amps in the sensors. Higher sensitivity means the servo travel is increased during stabilization

Old 08-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Still don't understand

I've read the quote you have responded with several times, but my question remains unanswered: What is being varied, the gain to the servos or stick priority, or ????
Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Let me try again!

If you have a proportionaly AUX control, you can set the CPII up so you can vary the sensitivity from the TX.

The key word is "sensitivity" What function will change in the CP-ll if I do this? Also, are we talking about varying the remote on/off?

Bill
Old 08-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fleming View Post
If you have a proportionaly AUX control, you can set the CPII up so you can vary the sensitivity from the TX.

The key word is "sensitivity" What function will change in the CP-ll if I do this? Also, are we talking about varying the remote on/off?

Bill

In layman's terms...the gain is how hard or soft you want the sensors to operate, the sensitivity is how much the CPII is allowed to control the heli

Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Again

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but.......the gain to the servos and percentage of the Stick Priority can be adjusted via the "preference" setup. I think I understand how this works. If I setup the on/off lead via a channel with a variable (volume control knob), which of the above functions will be varied? Or, is the answer none of the above. If so, what function will be varied?

Dum dum Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in