Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTRD View Post
I stopped in for a bit yes, but didn't even unpack anything. It has been raining the entire weekend all over this part of the province. I guess there was a window of a couple of hours where it was just lightly coming down so a few people got some flight time.

It's too bad, SHAG is always a good event to start the year off with.
Yeah, we were supposed to be there with the entire line of Compass helicopters, but when the date got changed, I already had family committments for this weekend as did my pilot.

I just heard from Colten, he was pretty disappointed with the turn out. It's tough when you're dealing with a change of dates and bad weather to boot.

Are you going to the Assessippi event (near Russell / Roblin, MB)? I heard this will be the last year. It's a beautiful area.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is really too bad. Would have been nice to get out there and enjoy the weekend with everyone.

Sadly I'll miss that one. Got a fun fly in Elk Point a bunch of us go to every year on the July long weekend. Great facilities and awesome people there that put it on.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

The batteries are back in stock at rchelicanada http://www.rchelicanada.com/batterie...prod_1451.html

I found out our Canadian postal system will not allow lipo's to ship overseas anymore, they have to stay on the ground it seems. So far looks like we're ok within USA/Canada but there are still restrictions on which service can be used.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snemi00 View Post
The batteries are back in stock at rchelicanada http://www.rchelicanada.com/batterie...prod_1451.html

I found out our Canadian postal system will not allow lipo's to ship overseas anymore, they have to stay on the ground it seems. So far looks like we're ok within USA/Canada but there are still restrictions on which service can be used.
That's my packs back on sale
$193 shipping to get $120 worth of packs to me just was not economical.
Hope their new owner has fun with them, while I wait for a local supplier...
I will just have to live with my 1300mah TP packs for now
http://arkrc.com.au/tp1300-6spp65-th...50-size-helis/
rossk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately, Canada Post will not ship lipos outside of Canada since the new regulations came into effect back in the fall.

We checked DHL, FedEx, and UPS - all will ship lipos outside of Canada, but they instantly slap a dangerous goods surcharge on them, making expensive shipping even more expensive. Shipping into the USA is not so bad, but shipping overseas gets incredibly pricey REAL fast.

Lipos shipped using Canada Post must go SURFACE using regular or expedited post. They cannot be shipped with AIR, XPRESS, or PRIORITY post.

Regulations on these packs are getting tighter.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

This does really stink, but I am guessing it will become worse and not better going forward for all of us.
I know I was going to buy the THOR packs from ReadyHeli a couple of weeks ago before I got these ones, and the only option I had was for UPS with a hefty price tag.

Guess we really never thought that far ahead when we collectively decided to outsource almost all of North American manufacturing offshore......Sorry, offtopic.....
Old 06-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

call tp and tell them you want 1500 lay down packs in 6 s They will get the drift now as far as your inititial problem WHO KNOWS
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

It really is a problem and it doesn't seem to be getting any better ... you don't even want to see my shipping costs from my lipo manufacturer.

I don't see why they don't just impose special packaging requirements instead, like they need to be shipped in a lipo safe bag or something along those lines.

I'm sure there's a reason for it somewhere... lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in