Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters

Compass Helicopters Rage RC Hellicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi guys,

Here's the video:

Still kicks

I set "spoolup ramp" to 1 instead of 2 - I reckon you've made a typo with "set ramp up to 1 for testing, instead of 2"

The speeds on bank1 and bank2 are the same, I know... It's just for test purposes.

What do you reckon? Is this the best I can get with the HW ESC - even with a Turnigy firmware?

Soko

PS: The "spoolup timeout" in the Brain settings is the delay from releasing TH until it starts - not the ESC. I tried 0 and it spooled up immediately => thats what I want

PPS: My spoolup throttle curve is flat 30%. I tried a ramp as well => no change. Acutally nothing happens until the throttle reaches 25%. Even the brain software says that between 0 and 25% no governor is enganged. But spool up doesn't happen either
soko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

your spoolup may be ok with blades , it reacts different without blades I think same for the Gov ...
I have a HW 120HV and Brain and it's ok for me, not the greatest softstart but not the worst either ...
Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah...
I'll try it with blades 2morrow.

Also tried to to set the "spoolup ramp" on the Brain to 10 (max value). Doesn't make any difference to me - maybe with blades.

And I tried to set the HW startup to "Normal" (no soft-start => Airplane mode) and let just the Brain soft-start handle it. The overshooting of the target-rpm is solved with that. But it spools up very quicky
On the other hand the initial kick seems to be the same.

Anyway... I report back on Monday after Sunday @ the flying field

Soko
Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soko View Post
Hi guys,

Still kicks

I set "spoolup ramp" to 1 instead of 2 - I reckon you've made a typo with "set ramp up to 1 for testing, instead of 2"

The speeds on bank1 and bank2 are the same, I know... It's just for test purposes.

What do you reckon? Is this the best I can get with the HW ESC - even with a Turnigy firmware?

Soko

PS: The "spoolup timeout" in the Brain settings is the delay from releasing TH until it starts - not the ESC. I tried 0 and it spooled up immediately => thats what I want

PPS: My spoolup throttle curve is flat 30%. I tried a ramp as well => no change. Acutally nothing happens until the throttle reaches 25%. Even the brain software says that between 0 and 25% no governor is enganged. But spool up doesn't happen either
the timeout you can set in seconds, is not the time from you hit thold off, til it starts sending signal, its kinda how long it has to take to go alltogether, before really cranking it. meaning timeing out the softstart/spooling operation. do not set this to low, it will make for some really really messy hard pulls, could fold and ruin both your blades, and head! set 30 here(seconds)

the spoolup ramp, is how fast it will soft start it, you can set another pulse for starting to minimize the time from thold off, to actual spool. I would start on 1 here, then try it, then 2 etc (with blades) basicly this value increases throttle %, say at 1, it will increase, 1% every 1 second, and at 10, it will increase 10% every second, this is just to give you an idea, not actual numbers.

All my info was found in misc threads in brain forum, when I was setting this up initially.

did you see the video I pasted? that is with the brain, controlling the softstart as well, no softstart in esc.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the Turnigy firmware still working on the HW Platinum? I'm getting back in the flying after a 3year break, and I've got a 70hv on a 550 that would be awesome without kicking spool up.
ktm520 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey ktm,

If you have an old HW ESC it should still work.
The new ones, at least the 120A, has a new hardware version. If you connect that one to the PC and turnigy software it says "no firmware available".

Have a look at this thread. Sskaug will hopefully modify his firmware to fit for the new hardware version.

Soko
Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered a HW program box and while waiting for it, my old Platinum let out the magic flames during spool. I ordered a new Platinum Pro 70HV from valuehobby and was able to flash the Turnigy 1.07 firmware. Haven't tested it yet though.
ktm520 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in