Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default couple quickies...

1. My battery wire broke inside the silicone casing about half way in the wire. Anyone have a favorite supplier for that silicone wire? I think its 22 gauge?

2. Recently I noticed when doing small pitch pumps in the living room the tail rotates when my pitch goes up. I didn't remember this happening early on when I got the mcpx 4 months ago. For instance if I do a hard pitch pump 8 feet I bet the heli rotates 1/4 rotation. Is this normal and I just don't remember?

Thanks in advance.
bigdessert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bent feathering shaft will cause the tail to blow out, that assuming you havent changed your pitch curve.
If your connection has been breaking down prior to your wire breaking that too can cause blowouts, the heli gets starved of power and the main motor draws the most power..make the tail weak.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDartHeli View Post
If your connection has been breaking down prior to your wire breaking that too can cause blowouts, the heli gets starved of power and the main motor draws the most power..make the tail weak.

I'll bet this is whats going on. The connection has been funky for a while now and I usually had to get it just perfect in order for the heli to stay on. I am going to attempt to repair the wire and see if that corrects it.

Anyone know a good place for 22 gauge silicone wire like that?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well repaired the wire and still rotating. I haven't changed anything in my transmitter as I don't really know how yet. I guess it's time for a new feathering shaft.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Radio Shack Magnetic Wire

You can get a 3-pack of wire (22, 26, and 30 gauge) from Radio Shack for only $7.99

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2036277
CalRotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in