Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Simulator setup

I know pitch and throttle curves are important, is it even possible to program/emulate these with the futaba interlink usb controller?

www.throttleandstick.com
mikek1357 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek1357 View Post
I know pitch and throttle curves are important, is it even possible to program/emulate these with the futaba interlink usb controller?
Interlink is a dedicated two stick device, not a programmable controller. As such the curves must be emulated in the sim.

From the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
Controller:

Ideally your controller should be as close to the transmitter you use to fly your helicopter as possible. You can learn the basic reactions with something as simple as an xbox controller, but having a real feeling transmitter is more helpful.

There are two main options for a controller, dedicated 2 stick device (with optional buttons) like RealFlight, or cable to link to trainer port on actual transmitter. In either case the input control device must be calibrated so the simulator knows the high and low values of each input channel.

A dedicated two stick device relies on the simulator to emulate the transmitter programming. Settings such as DR&expo, pitch curve, throttle curve, gyro gain (and others like flight mode and throttle hold) need to configured. These configurations will be done in the simulator. Flight modes may be per helicopter, or overall for the simulator, or a mixture of both.
I have an interlink controller. I use it when travelling. I need to program the curves into RealFlight and Heli-X for when I use it.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, l have the same sim cable and switch box as BRW0513 in post #25. I'm using a DX7s transmitter. This only has one, two-position switch (labelled flap/gyro). F mode is FM0 or FM1.

Heli-X v5 has picked up that there are 6 analog channels and 6 digital buttons. Yet the only switch that 'works' in the controller setup is the two position 'gyro'.
Thr-Hold sw doesn't work - the throttle stick operates two signals in the controller config, regardless of sw position.

How do l separate the pitch from the throttle position when in IU(FM1)?

Thanks for your help. 3rd evening trying to get this to work.....
Muttlee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2014, 02:04 AM   #44 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttlee View Post
Hi guys, l have the same sim cable and switch box as BRW0513 in post #25. I'm using a DX7s transmitter. This only has one, two-position switch (labelled flap/gyro). F mode is FM0 or FM1.

Heli-X v5 has picked up that there are 6 analog channels and 6 digital buttons. Yet the only switch that 'works' in the controller setup is the two position 'gyro'.
Thr-Hold sw doesn't work - the throttle stick operates two signals in the controller config, regardless of sw position.

How do l separate the pitch from the throttle position when in IU(FM1)?

Thanks for your help. 3rd evening trying to get this to work.....
6 analog channels refer to the output channels (1-6) from your DX7. What throttle and pitch curves do you have programmed into your DX7s for the model you use with the simulator.

In Heli-X you will need to select the use 5 channels check box to allow throttle and collective to be used from separate channels.

Throttle hold itself is not transmitted. The EFFECTS of throttle hold are transmitted (ie. throttle channel output 0). When using 5 channel mode you do not need autorotation or idle up 2. Put heli-X into idle up 1 and leave it there.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
6 analog channels refer to the output channels (1-6) from your DX7. What throttle and pitch curves do you have programmed into your DX7s for the model you use with the simulator.

In Heli-X you will need to select the use 5 channels check box to allow throttle and collective to be used from separate channels.

Throttle hold itself is not transmitted. The EFFECTS of throttle hold are transmitted (ie. throttle channel output 0). When using 5 channel mode you do not need autorotation or idle up 2. Put heli-X into idle up 1 and leave it there.

Hi Archmage, Thanks for your help.

I have a heli model setup as 'SimCal'. This has:
Throttle Curve
Norm - 0,25,50,75,100
IU - 100 Flat
Hold - 0 Flat

Pitch Curve
Norm - 0,25,50,75,100
IU - 0,25,50,75,100
Hold - 0,25,50,75,100

IU makes the heli rocket skywards. Should l tune the IU value down until it remains in a hover state at 50% pitch?
Otherwise what is the preferred setup technique?

So if THR Hold doesn't work, how is it emulated?

My goal is to improve my orientation with hover practice before l go airborne with the 500 Pro DFC being built currently. The guys at GMAC will give it the first flight....
Thanks again..
Old 10-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #46 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hi Archmage, Thanks for your help.

I have a heli model setup as 'SimCal'. This has:
Throttle Curve
Norm - 0,25,50,75,100
IU - 100 Flat
Hold - 0 Flat

Pitch Curve
Norm - 0,25,50,75,100
IU - 0,25,50,75,100
Hold - 0,25,50,75,100

IU makes the heli rocket skywards. Should l tune the IU value down until it remains in a hover state at 50% pitch?
Otherwise what is the preferred setup technique?

So if THR Hold doesn't work, how is it emulated?

My goal is to improve my orientation with hover practice before l go airborne with the 500 Pro DFC being built currently. The guys at GMAC will give it the first flight....
Thanks again..
SimCal is for calibrating the sim only. IU can be tuned down to 75% or even less to make the collective less twitchy. At 100% the heli seems nailed to the collective (a 700 at 2500+ RPM in real life acts the same).
Old 10-14-2014, 05:25 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
SimCal is for calibrating the sim only. IU can be tuned down to 75% or even less to make the collective less twitchy. At 100% the heli seems nailed to the collective (a 700 at 2500+ RPM in real life acts the same).
I backed off the IU to 70%, certainly made it less twitchy....
I've been trying to focus on the hover training mode, but find that the transmitter loses control over the sim after its left alone for a short while.
To regain control l have to shutdown the sim completely and start again.
Any ideas....

When on the ground or in hover mode, the heli piro's on it's own.
I trimmed this out in Sub Trim on the DX7s but it isn't that stable, the piro drifts in a little.
I know there is a torque created that is countered by the tail rotor but how much is it expected to piro?
Is Sub Trim the correct way to get rid of it?

I suppose l'm wondering how l should set the sim up so l get 'knowledge' of what to setup on the 500 Pro DFC.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:00 AM   #48 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
I backed off the IU to 70%, certainly made it less twitchy....
I've been trying to focus on the hover training mode, but find that the transmitter loses control over the sim after its left alone for a short while.
To regain control l have to shutdown the sim completely and start again.
Any ideas....

When on the ground or in hover mode, the heli piro's on it's own.
I trimmed this out in Sub Trim on the DX7s but it isn't that stable, the piro drifts in a little.
I know there is a torque created that is countered by the tail rotor but how much is it expected to piro?
Is Sub Trim the correct way to get rid of it?

I suppose l'm wondering how l should set the sim up so l get 'knowledge' of what to setup on the 500 Pro DFC.
Use recalibrate instead of sub-trim. Your DX7s should not drift (if it does that is a different problem).

Only thing I can think of as to why loss of control is your TX to computer interface. What are you using for this?

If you can get to GMAC or MRCHC, they can help with 500 setup. (I will be back in Melbourne in November). Better to get help with this in person unless no other choice (or really KNOW what you are doing).
Old 10-21-2014, 06:26 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Use recalibrate instead of sub-trim. Your DX7s should not drift (if it does that is a different problem).

Only thing I can think of as to why loss of control is your TX to computer interface. What are you using for this?
Hi Archmage,
Sorry l missed your question re interface. I'm using this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_Adapter.html

It's set to wired, aerofly, and produces the 6 channels as mentioned before.

I looked for a mode on the Tx called recalibrate and couldn't find this in DX7s or DX8 instruction manual. Not sure what this 'recalibrate' means now.

So, with no luck lve gone back to Phnx v4p and a Trex 550 FBL. Hopefully that is setup ok, but at least there is no unwanted piro.
If only it would hover without drifting off across the paddock.......

Thanks
Muttlee
Old 11-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli X 5 and TX

Hi there,

Will a G2 Real Flight dedicated USB transmitter work with Heli X (5) on a 2010 Mac?

I have tried but am struggling with controller configuration.

If it does work, would u be so kind as to post the controller configurations please.

Tx, JRab
JRab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 06:04 AM   #51 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRab View Post
Hi there,

Will a G2 Real Flight dedicated USB transmitter work with Heli X (5) on a 2010 Mac?

I have tried but am struggling with controller configuration.

If it does work, would u be so kind as to post the controller configurations please.

Tx, JRab
Attached are screenshots of my RF interlink from windows config of Heli-X.

Sticks:

Buttons:

Keys:

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	helix-interlink-sticks.jpg
Views:	1260
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	552241   Click image for larger version

Name:	helix-interlink-buttons.jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	552242   Click image for larger version

Name:	helix-interlink-keys.jpg
Views:	1204
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	552243  
Old 12-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Having trouble getting this to work

Edit: created new thread for my question.
RCHN Ctzn #191, eXo 500, T-Rex 450L Dominator, Warp 360, Blade 130X, Blade Nano CPX + various toy models

Last edited by tsoebirk; 12-30-2015 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: Moved to new thread
tsoebirk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am trying to get my DX8 working with Heli-X 6.0, I can not get Heli-X to see the stick movements from my DX8.
505DRVR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #54 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505DRVR View Post
I am trying to get my DX8 working with Heli-X 6.0, I can not get Heli-X to see the stick movements from my DX8.
Unfortunately, the above is about as useful as saying "My heli is broken, can you help me fix it".

Details, we need details.

Connection method: How do you connect your DX8 to the computer?

Computer: Heli-X can run PC / Mac or Linux?

Transmitter modes: How is your DX8 set up for sim?

Operating procedure: What are you doing with the DX8? (DX8 powered on or off when connecting to computer : should be off - adding trainer cable powers it on)

Will help as I can, but need more info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in