Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 03:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Another issue I had, that I forgot to mention, was that I couldn't get the rudder delay to show zero. During the tail setup (at the small/large heli set point) I could see on the Setting display the value go as low as 10 (never 0) but whenever I exited the tail setup the Setting display would show a value of 30.
Same for me. I can get it to 11 in the settting display screen when making the adjustments, but as soon as setup is exited on the 3GX unit, it goes back to 30.
My gains seem really low - in the 20's with the pots at 12.
diggyduo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I did.

What was your rudder delay value showing on the Settings Display Tab, and what were your gain values?
Delay stayed at 30 as well not sure if thats intended. I had to struggle with my + and - 8 on aileron and elevator I got close enough. I had to fix my mechanical and subtrims prolly my fault. Elevator was the most painful for me to setup.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
RCTada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well i just upgraded mine. I'll let you know how I like it. Was just using beginner setting on 1.2

Whats up with the 8 degrees pitch? Would it be that bad if I just left it how it is?
aForcefulThrust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggyduo View Post
Same for me. I can get it to 11 in the settting display screen when making the adjustments, but as soon as setup is exited on the 3GX unit, it goes back to 30.
My gains seem really low - in the 20's with the pots at 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTada View Post
Delay stayed at 30 as well not sure if thats intended. I had to struggle with my + and - 8 on aileron and elevator I got close enough. I had to fix my mechanical and subtrims prolly my fault. Elevator was the most painful for me to setup.....

Thanks. Good to know it's at least the norm. I get 17 and 23 for the gains and the pots don't have very much effect on the number either.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aForcefulThrust View Post
Well i just upgraded mine. I'll let you know how I like it. Was just using beginner setting on 1.2

Whats up with the 8 degrees pitch? Would it be that bad if I just left it how it is?
Yes, I think it's very important. It's probably like setting the 6 degrees in the BeastX. It tells the 3GX what input is required to get 8 degrees of cyclic. They can make a lot of calculations based on this.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well off the first flight leaving everything alone it doesn't fly like my v1.2 and I was using Normal/Custom, no expo and literally nothing changed from that normal selection. Not bad, just different

I went back to 1.2 and will be giving it another go with changes to try and get my response/feeling back. I do notice the take landing was much better without that tendency to tilt though. So over the weekend with more time I can see what changes do.

I would enjoy talking to an Align person who knows the different starting points each the versions work with.
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I get your desired Tail delay, hold the stick through the compensation, it will reverse it. I set 15 delay on mine as thats what I was running before. Just go back in to the tail setup and skip to pre-compensation and switch it to normal. Your delay before should stay. I cant get my roll and flip rates to be equal. There is a 40% gap between the two and the 3gx keeps moving it to 20% as they said it would. I set my rate to a specific degree/second.
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I just flew 3GX v2 in my 450. It's very different. I'm flying the default cyclic settings and the gain at 12oclock and it feels smooth but sluggish. A little strange to be honest.
To remove that change the cyclic dampening and collective dampening, it is default to have those at 50%. The biggest changes I have seen in this is the fact that almost everything can be adjusted at the field without a computer with the new flight mode settings. Hold rudder right and hold the button for 1 second while its on and you will enter the setting mode.
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So anyone find a good setup yet? Personally I am getting sick of all this tinkering...getting close to switching to Beastx.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New 2.0 Firmware 3Gx Reposting

Hello Helicopter Pilots,
We have some exciting news about our 3Gx. We now have a new firmware update version 2.0 that simplifies the use of the 3Gx. Easy to understand interface that enable access to all functionality. First upon opening you will notice that there is know longer specific model types. Also you can see starting points at a glance and make adjustments as you feel needed. This updated firmware will provide enhancements that you can feel and see in flight.
First thing you’ll notice:
Hovering stability, pilots doing hovering type maneuvers will feel a more linear control response. You have the ability to disable the cyclic pitch function to enhance hovering stability.
You can achieve stable fast forward flights regardless of helicopter size, and smooth transitions between maneuvers.
Now with cyclic and collective dampening function, for more stable flight and reduced power consumption.
Improved pirouetting compensation and added adjustment instruction, further improving pirouetting axial point.
With the above enhancement we have expanded the range of the 3Gx. The new soon to be released GPS module for the 3Gx will expand its functionality. We think you’ll enjoy the flight performance, and the expandability.
http://www.align.com.tw/alignhtml/3...3gx_update.html
Best Regards,
Jeff Fassbinder
Align
Align - Conquer Your heart
Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NEW 2.0 Firmware 3Gx Reposting

Hello Helicopter Pilots,
We have some exciting news about our 3Gx. We now have a new firmware update version 2.0 that simplifies the use of the 3Gx. Easy to understand interface that enable access to all functionality. First upon opening you will notice that there is know longer specific model types. Also you can see starting points at a glance and make adjustments as you feel needed. This updated firmware will provide enhancements that you can feel and see in flight.
Hovering stability, pilots doing hovering type maneuvers will feel a more linear control response. You have the ability to disable the cyclic pitch function to enhance hovering stability.
You can achieve stable fast forward flights regardless of helicopter size, and smooth transitions between maneuvers.
Now with cyclic and collective dampening function, for more stable flight and reduced power consumption.
Improved pirouetting compensation and added adjustment instruction, further improving pirouetting axial point.
With the above enhancement we have expanded the range of the 3Gx. The new soon to be released GPS module for the 3Gx will expand its functionality. We think you’ll enjoy the flight performance, and the expandability.
Best Regards,
Jeff Fassbinder
Align
Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Helicopter Pilots,
Best Regards,
Jeff Fassbinder
Align
Old 03-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Helicopter Pilots,
Best Regards,
Jeff Fassbinder
Align
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Helicopter Pilots,
Best Regards,
Jeff Fassbinder
Align
Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, I think it's very important. It's probably like setting the 6 degrees in the BeastX. It tells the 3GX what input is required to get 8 degrees of cyclic. They can make a lot of calculations based on this.
Thanks for tip, I'm doing the setup right now. I get it to show 8 deg pitch on right cyclic input with the heli facing me right? I'm using swashplate mixing adjusting the AIL value in my dx7s. Why only 8 deg on right cyclic? What forward and reverse too?

Could someone just confirm i'm doing this right?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Jeff,

I'll be upgrading and going through the setup this weekend, hopefully it will all become clear after the first run!

Joe
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks for tip, I'm doing the setup right now. I get it to show 8 deg pitch on right cyclic input with the heli facing me right? I'm using swashplate mixing adjusting the AIL value in my dx7s. Why only 8 deg on right cyclic? What forward and reverse too?

Could someone just confirm i'm doing this right?
Thats what I was stumped on too but I had to get the right and left and forward and back cyclics to be hitting all 8 degrees or close to it so its basically asking for a perfectly level swash and link distances so all four corners are hitting 8 degrees. At least thats what I did and readjusted everything mechanically and subtrims to make this happen and ofcourse my 12+- pitch also had to be there.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ugh... well I got impatient and wanted to fly.. Flight lasted about 2 seconds, heli seemed to move right/left ok, but when I gave a little forward movement, it was like i gave it full forward. I pulled back to try to recover, but same thing, it then flipped backward and blades hit.

Quote:
Thats what I was stumped on too but I had to get the right and left and forward and back cyclics to be hitting all 8 degrees or close to it so its basically asking for a perfectly level swash and link distances so all four corners are hitting 8 degrees. At least thats what I did and readjusted everything mechanically and subtrims to make this happen and ofcourse my 12+- pitch also had to be there.
Thanks I will try that, hopefully it will fly better next time! damage dosen't look to bad, just blades broke and I have plenty of cheap spares lol
Old 03-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Ugh... well I got impatient and wanted to fly.. Flight lasted about 2 seconds, heli seemed to move right/left ok, but when I gave a little forward movement, it was like i gave it full forward. I pulled back to try to recover, but same thing, it then flipped backward and blades hit.

Thanks I will try that, hopefully it will fly better next time! damage dosen't look to bad, just blades broke and I have plenty of cheap spares lol
I am sorry..gotta be careful with these updates. Everything had to be resetup including rudder and all the 3gx reverse or normal settings. When you update everything is wiped back to factory.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does this mean the manual included with the kit is basicaly useless if you update to 2.0? I can understand some people get confused. Is there a new setup manual provided by align somewhere?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in