Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is Beast X Working on Anything New?

I really like the BeastX unit, it works great and is easy to setup and tune. It seems they are starting to lag behind the competion, however, with some of the new controllers coming out with self level/recovery, and gps add-on capability. Does anyone know if the good folks at Beast are working on any of this for?
jfluegel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder the same, I know many will chime in and say "it just works", but for many it's not good enough any more (see how many users have now moved away from BX).

I'm just guessing here, but I doubt any new BX FBL controller will be released for a little while. Spektrum may have an agreement of some sort that specifies a time frame their RX and BX combo is still a valued product.

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Pilot View Post
I wonder the same, I know many will chime in and say "it just works", but for many it's not good enough any more (see how many users have now moved away from BX).

I'm just guessing here, but I doubt any new BX FBL controller will be released for a little while. Spektrum may have an agreement of some sort that specifies a time frame their RX and BX combo is still a valued product.
"it just works"
Trex 500 stock ,trex 500 fbl (beastx ) , 500 scale ,Trex 550e , MFA 500,.Micromold Lark
sircol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I agree "they just work", but so do flybars, so do 4.8v servos, and nitro engines, but people are dumping those items like crazy. The fact that a year ago used Beast X units were selling for 80% of new in a day and now they are selling for 50% - 55% of new and sit for awhile tells me a lot of people are dumping them. I can't believe that a company that delivered such an awesome product is not working on the next best thing. But then again 100 years ago the people at Western Union thought this telephone idea would never catch on either.
jfluegel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately fact that µBeast is not progressing anywhere was spotted quite long time ago. I suspect that was quite a boost to some competition. Not only that be we saw some announced and guessed stuff never materialise, too... Just remember how low ago we were waiting and speculating what next, secret thing Beast X company will come up with after initial, huge success of µBeast

And, hat down to Beast X - in modern world, µBeast did prove itself as a product as it still holds the price quite well. I would expect to see second hand µBeasts for less than Ł50 (maybe even $50) as you can see some a few years old second hand competition products being flogged for... Or just been thrown in garbage without even trying to get any value for them (not going to name names or products... Align's original 3G for instance )
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

if its not broken do t fix it,

but if they want to make a pro model with a gov and built in rx im in

hmm maybe thats what the ar7200bx with a firmeware up grade
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

We just need a new version with built in govenor function for electrics,
Self-leveling? Jeez
Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionsx00 View Post
if its not broken do t fix it...
So why would one have bothered to add little radio to a phone so you can carry it around your house and not get tangled in a wire?

Nobody said µBeast needs fixing. It just needs continual development to keep it up-to-date. 2 years ago having Ł140 FBL unit (first next, comparably good was Ł280-Ł300) was fantastic, especially with all the software done to such level where people for each version said - 'this is it, we don't need better it flies fantastically' (check this forum), but today's standards would ask for vibration measurement, governor, logging, accelerometers along side of gyro and who knows what other features.

It is shame for such a good product to fade away for lack of attention
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpep View Post
Self-leveling? Jeez
+1

A governor function, PC configuration to complement the existing direct method + maybe sensor upgrades.

I see no need for self-levelling on this unit. The idea that on the basis of self-levelling I'm going to try something I can't do on a large heli and hit a button when orientation gets the better of me is frankly scary. Practice on a 130X till its nailed.
MinskUK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
So why would one have bothered to add little radio to a phone so you can carry it around your house and not get tangled in a wire?

Nobody said µBeast needs fixing. It just needs continual development to keep it up-to-date. 2 years ago having Ł140 FBL unit (first next, comparably good was Ł280-Ł300) was fantastic, especially with all the software done to such level where people for each version said - 'this is it, we don't need better it flies fantastically' (check this forum), but today's standards would ask for vibration measurement, governor, logging, accelerometers along side of gyro and who knows what other features.

It is shame for such a good product to fade away for lack of attention
im working on a app to serve as a tx , not a bx
then i can fly with my phone and not a giant tx
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Is Beast X Working on Anything New?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpep View Post
Self-leveling? Jeez
i will be happy with nothing changed or added.

thats me.

love beastx.

better controller than i am flyer.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk2...otherwise i would of sent it from my home PC.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
i will be happy with nothing changed or added.

thats me.

love beastx.

better controller than i am flyer.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk2...otherwise i would of sent it from my home PC.
You already have what you want, so why be unhappy if they offer something new? You don't have to buy it

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 03:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

"If someone is going to make your product obsolete, you'd better make sure its you".
wocka_wocka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
tgo
Registered Users

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinskUK View Post
+1

A governor function, PC configuration to complement the existing direct method + maybe sensor upgrades.

I see no need for self-levelling on this unit. The idea that on the basis of self-levelling I'm going to try something I can't do on a large heli and hit a button when orientation gets the better of me is frankly scary. Practice on a 130X till its nailed.
tgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have several beastx's, and v-bars, I just built a new bird (Whiplash) and I bought a Spartan Vortex for it. Why the Vortex and not another beastx or a v-bar?

MB doesn't have...
1. Direct support for satelite receiver(s)
2. Govenor
3. Can mount sensor separate
4. Even smaller than the beastx
5. Vibe analysis
6. Newest sensor technology

V-Bar has almost all of these features except the full size v-bar is much larger than the Spartan unit.

I my opinion beastx should be working on a unit that includes these features. I still think the beastx is the easiest unit to program and as long as they keep up in the features at their current price they will remain as one of the top units. If they don't continue to enhance their product they will be passed up by the competitors.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinskUK View Post
+1

That's not what SL is for. SL is for that dumbthumbs moment we all have.
SL will save you $1000s if used correctly.

we all have those moments and not always when you are pushing yourself.
and we have all been there when you lose orientation and not sure which way to correct to save the bird. well instead of guessing hit the button and the heli self levels and you go back to flying instead of scooping up whats left of your heli.

BX is lacking hardcore.
most unfriendly book required setup of them all.
LEDS so tiny and hard to see what letter you are on.
older gyro sensor array.
and bad tail performance compared to others.
no gov and now higher price than others offering far more with modern sensors.
less vibration proof than other newer models.

the BX was great when it came out.
But they have been sitting on their hands instead of keeping up with the technology.
I still own and fly one on my 450 but that is the last one. All the rest have been sold for newer technology.

SK540 same price range, better setup, better sensors, and a gov ( not to mention a very cool aluminum case)
Ikon/brain all the above minus the cool case.. +SL same price.

and there are even more out there like the Spartan up and coming.

BX needs to get a new unit with the very minimum of:
both LED and PC setups and fine tuning.( some of us detest trying to chase tiny LEDs when I can hook a PC or Tablet up and fix it without looking for a book.)
E/N Gov support
modern sensor array.

Do those things as well as do an updated Spektrum BX and that is a winner all the way around. And I would for sure give them another chance.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeveeSiN View Post
BX is lacking hardcore.
What do you mean?

Quote:
most unfriendly book required setup of them all.
I disagree, it is one of the best manuals I have ever seen. Very simple to follow, and after having done it once you don't even need the manual, just the single sheet guide, and I love the lack of PC set-up.

Quote:
LEDS so tiny and hard to see what letter you are on.
Maybe, I can manage if I try hard, but I just count anyway, A,B,C, etc. If you think they are tiny you should see the writing on the programmer for the Spartan Vortex VX1.

Quote:
older gyro sensor array.
Perhaps so, but they work well enough. Maybe, it would seem a little sensitive to vibes, from what I have read, but I have personally never had an issue apart from maybe a small amount of drift, which was corrected when I fixed the heli. I have flown with the heli in a dreadful state, including a visibly wobbling main shaft, chipped and unbalanced main and tail blades, and have never ever balanced a set of blades that came out of the same bag, and it has still been fine.

Quote:
and bad tail performance compared to others.
Never had an issue with the tail. It is Quark like in its performance on all of my helis, though maybe takes a little more tweaking to get it there.

Quote:
no gov and now higher price than others offering far more with modern sensors.
Yes, no governor, not so sure about the price, and as I said above the sensors work well enough.

Quote:
less vibration proof than other newer models.
Probably true, but as I said I have not been able to invoke bad behaviour no matter how hard I have tried with my shoddy workmanship.

Quote:
the BX was great when it came out.
But they have been sitting on their hands instead of keeping up with the technology.
It still is great, and who knows what they are up to in the background. I doubt they are sitting on their hands.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I disagree with pretty much all said.
I have moved on until they join the modern age.
Way better units from multiple companies in the same price range all perform much better.

But I'm glad you like yours. Bx is my last choice these days but used to be my first.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i have beast on a trex250 X5 7HV Gob7 and warp......all are locked in like Flint.

my flying is quite hard and i cant fault them 1 bit.

granted its all ive ever flown so reliable and consistant.

maybe someday i will try something different.

but not anytime soon.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

poor bx. love my 2 anyway
raptor90wm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in