Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've had mine shortly after last years ircha where I bought the hv110 and that last 1 flight and then had caps falling off it. Sent it back and upgraded to the 120 and has been flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spoke to castle yesterday to get an idea of when I would receive my 120 back, they told me atleast another 2 weeks which would be 5 total since they received it. I asked them if I could upgrade to the 160 and pay the difference, they did at no additional charge! Thats good customer service!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue2135 View Post
Spoke to castle yesterday to get an idea of when I would receive my 120 back, they told me atleast another 2 weeks which would be 5 total since they received it. I asked them if I could upgrade to the 160 and pay the difference, they did at no additional charge! Thats good customer service!
Must be nice they charged me $170 to upgrade fro the 110 to the 120 because they were looking at 3 weeks before they had more 110's
Old 05-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am still waiting for my 120HV replacement.
I have ICE100 for 8s for around 1,5 year. Now with v-bar I am hitting quit often around 170A. Now issue at all and after lending it is just cold.

Maybe problem with 120HV is just a statistics and some weak design point.
Olgierd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Settings please:

Hi Fred:
I have a 160 on my Trex 700 and would like to know your settings.

Bob Grant - London, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRX View Post
My HV160 ICE works like a charm
http://www.youtube.com/user/cdnskydog
skydog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What a great message. Read below. Notice the "WERE Sorry about your helicopter burning up!" We will replace the unit ASAP.

Castle Creations has great customer service.. not

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Thank you for sending in a repair to Castle Creations.

We have received your (ICE 120 HV).

Unfortunately the repair is beyond our repair cost limitations. Therefore we will replace yours with a new or refurbished unit once they are available. Wait time is at least 3 weeks as we are out of stock of this item/s. As soon as this is available we will ship your item/s out immediately.

Please let us know if we can assist further.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

CC Ice 100 Very happy!
chargh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have read a lot on this subject, mainly because I've gone from a 6S 600 to a Fusion 50 on 12S, I started with a ICE HV80, it failed on start up, approx 1/2 through spool up. It was replace within the week by a ICE HV120, I burst into flame on the first spool up. So 100% failure. Used a Turngey 100 to do the maiden flight.
So my question to all the CC users, before I try again is : Has anyone had any hassles with the earlier NON ICE ones, ie HV85 or HV110's, the data logging is not as important as reliablity.
rex09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex09 View Post
.............. Has anyone had any hassles with the earlier NON ICE ones, ie HV85 or HV110's, the data logging is not as important as reliablity.
Think you may be asking this in the wrong thread, as all of us here have had no problems ( or ones that have been fixed ) with the hv ice series. But to answer your question I have not seen many threads on the hv 140's going up in flames but I did have one that forgot its settings. But if your going to spend that much cash just go ahead and buy an hv ice 160 and you should be fine, if it goes up in flames its your set up.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i bought my castle in january 2011 and put it to my new RJX90EP (12s) with an Scorpion 4035-500.
--> about 125 flights until now (about 6flights a week since february 2011)

I'M SO HAPPY WITH THIS ESC!
  • everything is adjustable as i prefer
  • ESC is "ICE" cold after flying
  • gov. is working fine and gain is adjustable
  • price is about 50% less than compareable jive ESC
  • CC support is great
  • built-in logging
  • if you buy an jive, you maybee have to buy a progdisc, you maybe buy an jLOG to have all the features that are already build-in in CC-ESC
  • Kontronik now introduces "Autorotation feature" (helijive)... wow... CC introduced this feature long time ago without +25% price adjustment...
  • if you want to use it: i heared about issues with jive ESC @ v-bar-govener, i heared about CC ESC doesn't have issues.(?)
so why don't buy an Castle? take care of these things and be happy: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=22
p.s. i'm from germany and like quality products like many germans do. jives are good, but i like Castle ESC's better.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm loving my Phoenix Ice 100. I'm running it hard on my Trex550 3G with a Viper VSH6013 motor in 100 degree plus ambient temps with nothing but good, solid performance, flight after flight. Yes, it does run quite warm (data log shows 180 degree peaks but only 110 degree average, but on cool days (85) it runs with 110 degree peaks so I'm not the least bit concerned. The governor works great also. For the price, it can't be beat. Of course, this is a 6S setup but for me, it's been fantastic.

www.jonsheliwerx.com
sd401k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield2412 View Post
so why don't buy an Castle?

I did ! Two of them. They both went up in flames. One crashed my heli an d the other in the bench.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a couple of Castle ESCs that work great. Their tech support has been good too.
crashmore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't beat the ICE 50 I love this ESC. Replaced my scorpion commander 55 amp with the ICE 50 (using scorpion-8) and it brought that motor alive, I was shocked at the difference. Here I figured Scorpion motor, I'll go with Scorpion ESC boy was that ever a mistake. The 55 amp commander worked O.K. for about a month but soon lost its power (which didn't impress me from the start like every one had been posting how great and powerful the motor is) that is when I ordered the ICE 50 and haven't looked back. Great ESC for the money!
heliphlier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have done the gap check and a cap mod and so far my ESC doing great. have ice 120 and i am checking the ripple (and all other stats) of each log. so far ripple under 1.5v and amps was +/-105amp max peak so far. great ESC in my view love CC and for the guys having issue with it CC will soon release process of replacement units if you would like to replace. My view great customer focus and retention although they may be slow with replies, fixes and replacements we have to bear in mind they have lots of issues they working on.

+1 for CC
T-Rex 700E (700MX (BOCA #7) / DS610 & DS650 / 3GX / CC ICE 2 HV 120 / Radix 690 SB / Rotortech 105 / Nano-Tech 4500mAh 25-50C)
dvillijs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Phoenix 10, 25, 35 (two), 45, and an ICE50.

So far they have treated me well.

I wouldn't say I am happy with the issues that seem to be in the ICE 120HV (and potentially other ICE's). However I don't buy the conspiracy theories that seem to flying about CC not carrying about the problem. I really believe that they didn't find the problem until recently.

Hopefully the fix is going to move us past this problem, so in that regard I will be "Happy".
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an IceLite50 that is flawless after 1000 flights. Considering an HV80 for my 600. What do you guys think of this ESC?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an ice 75 and it works great. There is not much more to say.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Im a happy castle user. Over the years I have had alot of there esc's.
Cp pro cc25
Blade 400 cc35
Tt mini Titan cc35
Tt mini Titan se cc35 (reused above heli)
Rex 250 cc25
Rex 450 xl cc35 (reused again)
Rex pro cc35
2 swift Nx cc100

I won't even mention the car systems.

All in all I had one failure and it was one of the first mamba monsters and cc replaced it 6months past it's warranty.

Above were all sold or traded, but most are still flying.
All my current cars are running castle and I couldnt be happier.

Castle is all I'll run. Even if you have a failure, it sure beats trying to get service from a company overseas. No one can touch cc service!!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC ESC's

I've got over 90 flights on my 700-E - 12-s with HV-120 with no issues at all. I do not run it Gov mode though.
~Cliffman~ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in