Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Reliability

I had my clutch shoes fail on my predator 90 recently...this is crap! How dare Century make a product that will not last more then 15 years!!!!

I have had a hundred gallons through my predator over the last 7 years, and it had another hundred before that with the first owner when it started its life as a 60!

What the hell eh!?!

Whats next? the original helical tail gears? The original main one way bearing?
Furious Predator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

And my ignorant butt thought electric helis were the more reliable, longer lasting choice. Live and learn I guess....very impressive
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2015, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

wow, thats wild, that just goes to show that some people don't know how to fit parts, I know others that have had great success with their Century helis.

arg, I am always braking parts when I hit the grown

Lieutenant Dan
Lieutenant Dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2015, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I flew Century raven/hawk for almost ten years I never had a reliability issue. I cant speak for their current stuff because they kinda abandoned the heli customers who drove the VW mini bus that got them to their current multirotor love-in party.

If I knew as a heli pilot, that I wouldnt be kicked inthe teeth before being tossed out of the Century VW mini bus at 90mph...Its my one big fear.

But speaking for their older helis I enjoyed building and flying them as they treated me great.

Do their new helis have quality issues? See the skill I used weaving VW mini bus into a heli post..Good stuff!
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have been flying the E640 for about 3 years and N640 for about 4 now. They have been pretty much maintenance free.

I recently wore out the clutch liner on the N640 causing the shoes to fail...my own fault for running it so long on the original liner.

The only issues with the N640 were engine related, nothing to do with the air frame. The E640 has been rock solid, amazing machines.
Furious Predator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have logged over 450 flights on my inexpensive Swift NX, after doing the 8" strut spread mode it has proven to be a great little flier. Over the years, I have rigged it for both 5S and 6S power and it just keeps coming back for more.

Garland, I have had no problem getting any parts for their E640's or N640...and most are still available for even their old Hawks and Predators.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in