Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm following the Banshee too...

From what I can grasp from their translated site, is that there will be a limited, exclusive production run of 50 numbered examples, with extensive customer and repair service... There are rumours of a €3000,- price tag at a german forum, but I belive (pray) that it is just speculation.
Quite many details are lost in translation, but I think they will produce a version for mere mortals if there's a demand/ market for it, after the first 50.

I had already signed up for a Diabolo when the Goblin suddenly hit the web. I really liked the concept with the whole mechanics bolted to the alloy plate (still do), I even started to regret committing to a Diabolo, but came to my senses again. The marketing hype quickly became quite obvious, seemingly desperate to fill up the pre-order queues, that was not a plus for me...
Better to sit on the fence for a while...

Great to get some honest Goblin feedback from TDR owners here. Somehow I value feedback in this section higher than most I've read the SAB section..

Overall, the Goblin is not "The One" for me...

Last edited by DT75; 03-30-2012 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: Typo(s)...
DT75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have a TDR, but I do have a Goblin. I would not even put the Gobin in the same class of "quality" than my 700E. But the 700E after a lot of mods is pretty bullet proof.

I have not seen a TDR, but I know I want one

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

i better be one of those lucky fifty to get the Banshee but 3000 euros is hard to swallow
Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mark, we call my flying field "The Farm", as in psychiatric rehabilitation facility... All crazy people inside!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Poop! It better not be 3000 euro, if it was i would want the speed fusulage as well!

The G4 looks good but a little ugly and limited with no stick lipos.

The diabolo i thought would be like TDR but its probably my favorite at the moment, flies really well.

The Goblin, a few quality issues, design is really clever, likes high headspeed.
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #146 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
The diabolo i thought would be like TDR but its probably my favorite at the moment, flies really well.
Mine too Michael - sounds awe-inspiring with the Edge 753 blades but I still haven't figured out how they don't hit the tail blades lol
Old 03-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also on Banshee list. €3k is steap, but if that comes with electronics and speed canopy it's not bad. Can't see how they can make it viable with only 50 kits unless they plan to see their customers crash a lot. I don't mind exclusivity but not to the point where you can't get parts...that will be the deal breaker for me.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli G View Post
Also on Banshee list,..
I don't mind exclusivity but not to the point where you can't get parts...that will be the deal breaker for me.
They claim that the owners will enjoy "a seamless supply of spare parts"... (Translated)
Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abanihani View Post
I know for sure I will get both the Diabolo and logo 700, I am also following the Banshee for some reason. My wife told me today I should see someone but not sure what she meant by that
Your banker

Diabolo sounds really great, I wasn't aware it was around. For sure something to consider when I learn to fly a bit faster.
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #150 (permalink)
HF Support

Gotta get a Banshee, gotta get a Banshee, gotta get a Banshee - NO - NO GOOD - I GOTTA GET A BANSHEE

Now - which do I get rid of ?? - TDR/Diabolo/Joker3/Faifa/Exxtreme/wife3
Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am building my Goblin now and I can say with quite a bit of certainty the quality is not great at all. Kindergarten finish on the skids and boom, soft CNC work, rough in many spots, poor finish on the blades. This is not what I expected at all (SAB quality control? Are they asleep at the wheel). I can also see further possible issues with many of the other pulleys (only time will tell). No way is the Goblin in the TDR quality class NO WAY at all. I would say it’s not even in the Align class (yes I just said that). My 700E has a better overall fit and finish and I the CNC head looks and feels quite a bit stronger too. The Goblin hype is slowly not adding up I hope to get mine in the air by next week. Oh and I forgot to mention I was missing BAG 12 in my kit too…..Yea SAB needs better QA for sure.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
I am building my Goblin now and I can say with quite a bit of certainty the quality is not great at all. Kindergarten finish on the skids and boom, soft CNC work, rough in many spots, poor finish on the blades. This is not what I expected at all (SAB quality control? Are they asleep at the wheel). I can also see further possible issues with many of the other pulleys (only time will tell). No way is the Goblin in the TDR quality class NO WAY at all. I would say it’s not even in the Align class (yes I just said that). My 700E has a better overall fit and finish and I the CNC head looks and feels quite a bit stronger too. The Goblin hype is slowly not adding up I hope to get mine in the air by next week. Oh and I forgot to mention I was missing BAG 12 in my kit too…..Yea SAB needs better QA for sure.
I was quite amazed reading that one UK guy thought the metal parts are equal to the TDR in quality, while the kit we got was nowhere close to it. We compared the swash to an Align 500 and the Align was better finished. I wonder if the kits given to Tareq and Bert were perhaps made in Italy, with better quality control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTINTIN
The quality of the Alloy parts is superb, equal to the TDR, and a country mile better than the Xxtreme.
http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/sab-he...tml#post804140
Old 03-31-2012, 04:40 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Gotta get a Banshee, gotta get a Banshee, gotta get a Banshee - NO - NO GOOD - I GOTTA GET A BANSHEE

Now - which do I get rid of ?? - TDR/Diabolo/Joker3/Faifa/Exxtreme/wife3
+1 John, but not in the order you have!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably exactly the reverse order....... Ha!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli G View Post
I was quite amazed reading that one UK guy thought the metal parts are equal to the TDR in quality, while the kit we got was nowhere close to it. We compared the swash to an Align 500 and the Align was better finished. I wonder if the kits given to Tareq and Bert were perhaps made in Italy, with better quality control?

http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/sab-he...tml#post804140
Well, I am not an expert, but having seen one of these Goblins up close today, the quality of the kit is nowhere near close to the TDR, not even to my mini protos, which is mostly plastic.
I've also seen my friends E7 the other day and while not being a flashy green thing, it's absolutely solid and really high quality heli for bit less money. Makes me wonder what smart marketing and flashy canopy can do.

Goblin looks more like Align quality. Cured me from wanting one forever though. Diabolo next, or maybe a protos 700.

I hope I don't sound like a snob, but I am not very mechanically inclined and prefer flying over building by far, hence the quality of the kit has paramount value for me. The slightest problem and I won't buy.
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

People are confusing a pretty box and laser cut foam inserts with quality.

Its not as appealing as a plastic re seal bag and old german news and trabant motor car advertisement lol
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
Well, I am not an expert, but having seen one of these Goblins up close today, the quality of the kit is nowhere near close to the TDR, not even to my mini protos, which is mostly plastic.
I've also seen my friends E7 the other day and while not being a flashy green thing, it's absolutely solid and really high quality heli for bit less money. Makes me wonder what smart marketing and flashy canopy can do.

Goblin looks more like Align quality. Cured me from wanting one forever though. Diabolo next, or maybe a protos 700.

I hope I don't sound like a snob, but I am not very mechanically inclined and prefer flying over building by far, hence the quality of the kit has paramount value for me. The slightest problem and I won't buy.
Align quality? Have you seen the latest kits with the DFC head, perfect machining with perfect fit and high strength aluminum, the days of bashing Align for their quality are long gone.....

Rate Align now alongside JR quality and that says a lot.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Align quality? Have you seen the latest kits with the DFC head, perfect machining with perfect fit and high strength aluminum, the days of bashing Align for their quality are long gone.....

Rate Align now alongside JR quality and that says a lot.
Plus Align improves quickly, but you gotta love those JR bearings. I would rate the 700E higher quality than my Goblin from manufacturing perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post

I built mine in a couple of nights, everything fit perfectly and not a single issue with anything. If I where really nitpicking, the painjob on the skids could have been better, but that's the only thing remotly close to a issue and it's a very minor one. My one other complain is that the canopy can be hard to get on right, but thats going alot smoother as well now.

And if flies really great, even at headspeed of around 2000 it can handle 3D and gives decent flighttime. I'm very happy with it.

I also built a 600EFL Pro and aTrex550 V2 a few months back, and I guess you can compare the quality, as the lates kits from Align offer great quality and can be compared to just about any other helicopter out there. I cant compare it to a TDR as I have never seen or flown one up close.

I would like to test out a TDR, but with the random delivery date and the one man show of it puts me off it sadly.
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=399133

$300 bucks for a tip over (bad auto see vid in above link) bent both main grips, I have slammed my 700E into the ground and never bent the grips... main shaft yes, feathering shaft yes, boom yes, blades.....we all konow the answer to that one, but never the grips. The CNC work on the Goblin is not top shelf at all it looks pretty but that's as far as it goes.

I agree with Vinger Align quality is absolutely fine I cannot say one bad thing about Align.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in