Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcg View Post
To stop shaking, often necessary for smaller birds, turn down pot#1 cyclic gain from 9oclock default to 8:00 and see if that stops the shake. If that works, try back up to 8:30, etc, to make it as high as you can with no shake.

i tried all the way down and it still shakes, im not sure why
mirroredeyes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Next thing to try is Parameter Menu D (Flashing D light). I've heard that smaller birds like a higher setting on this one. Step through each choice and see if that makes a difference. (I'm sure it will, but hopefully for the better.)

Basically, you want your HH gain as high as possible without the fast wagging. Then once you get back to the slow wag, adjust the Parameter Menu D. If you still can't get rid of it there's most likely still something wrong mechanically. Of course, another possiblity is that if you're not running governed it may be that your collective management is still a little twitchy and what you are seeing is the tail responding to different headspeeds as you go up or down on the stick.

I have just recently entered the world of governed motor speeds on the ESC myself and have found that the tail just seems a lot more stable. It wasn't bad before but it would sometimes oscilate slightly with collective changes as the motor sped up or slowed down. With a constant head speed, it just seems to hold better. I think it's because the FBL controller is able to keep up with the torque changes a little easier when it's not fighting against speed changes as well.

Highspeed
Highspeed1964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in