Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Fusion 50

Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Fusion 50 Electric Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a complete flying Fusion 50 I maybe willing to part with, not sure yet though. I really love flying it.
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When parts supply dries up, hope you have a friend in Korea... http://www.jongsoo.co.kr/shop/goods/...dsno=186796763
Old 05-17-2015, 10:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by razeyoshi View Post
When parts supply dries up, hope you have a friend in Korea... http://www.jongsoo.co.kr/shop/goods/...dsno=186796763
They seem to have everything.... Unbelievable!
Old 05-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
They seem to have everything.... Unbelievable!
Maybe I should stock up and sell parts on eBay? Nah, people would be upset at Korea's prices...
Old 05-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I ordered it,

http://www.jongsoo.co.kr/shop/goods/...dsno=186796763

went to the local hobby shop here in Korea and it turns out the local hobby shop owner is friends with the place I had them order this part.

So anyhow, my fusion won't make it through one full flight without the torque tube input drive gear eating itself. First time caught me by surprise and ended up with a crash, I had the black gears installed. Second time I had the white gears, after the repairs I was watching it like a hawk when I was flying it around and notice a strange behavior about 2-3 minutes into it and hit the throttle hold immediately. Safe auto from about 100 feet or so. Got home checked it out and same gears striping out. So, I hope this aftermarket part will be the solution to all my problems. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I'm running a 12s setup with a 630kv motor and stepped down to a 12 tooth pinion gear. This place has an 11 tooth pinion too so I will have to get that on order as well...
Old 05-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's your head speed? 630kv is a bit high for the fusion
Flown on Jeti DS-16, Brain2, RCHN #222
MKS Servos, Scorpion Tribunus, MSH P700, Synergy e5s, N5cTT
Dmaxison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 08:16 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

With a fully charged battery and 100% throttle it should be around 2600-2700. Way too high for this cheap kit. On a low battery I would be right around 2200 @ 100% throttle. Anyhow my throttle curve is set to 80% max Idle 1 and 85% max idle 2. My current ESC on this heli does not have a gov mode. I've never made it to idle 2. Only two flights at about 2-3 min each before something went wrong. Too high a headspeed may of played a factor but the bottom line is everyone knows the torque tube input gears have problems. My main gear is perfectly fine.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been running the stock gears for about 30 or so flights after blowing up the ones from Option Hobby. Gear mesh and speed are both critical. I'd recommend a governed esc around 2300 max for head speed. Without a governor your likely over speeding the drive train.
There's no doubt that the factory gears are hit or miss with quality but I've found that a modest power system and some dampening to the tail on stops will increase the life of the gears.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This part was so worth it. Absolutely no play in the gears. I am confident this will fix my problem. https://www.helifreak.com/album.php?...ctureid=102540
Old 05-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a nice part for sure! I got mine back when Option Hobby was around. I'm running a stock set of gears in it now since the upgrade ones have both failed. It's too bad the Korean hobby shops aren't set up for international sales. Prices are a bit steep compared to when the upgrades first hit the market. Enjoy your Fusion!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:58 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello guys.

I have mod my front gears of the fusion 50 with align 600 gears.
I use the old fusion50 tt gears shaft and the orginal big Black gear. I remove the umbrella gear en place the align gear on the shaft.

I dont have fly with this mod I Let you guys no :p

Gr ronald
ronald123456789 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2015, 04:31 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice work Ronald. I have always thought of trying to put a different bevel gear on the fusion shaft like that, but was always worried it might slip or break. So I never tried.

My Fusion just sits on the shelf as a trophy. Probably 1000+ flights and intact currently. I thinkshe deserves that. Lol!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:12 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelinpr View Post
Nice work Ronald. I have always thought of trying to put a different bevel gear on the fusion shaft like that, but was always worried it might slip or break. So I never tried.

My Fusion just sits on the shelf as a trophy. Probably 1000+ flights and intact currently. I thinkshe deserves that. Lol!
Cool 1000 flights :p with the orginal gears ??.

And i'm bot worried of breaking of the gears I glue the gears with the green loctite and Let it dry for a few days.

Gr ronald
Old 07-09-2015, 04:19 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I mostly used the Retro Fit gears. The last revision they came out with.

I did fly for quite a while on the original white and never had a problem either. Although I was only a sport pilot back then.

Green locktite on the tt gears? Locktite degrades plastic. Maybe try an epoxy of some kind.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:31 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald123456789 View Post
Cool 1000 flights :p with the orginal gears ??.

And i'm bot worried of breaking of the gears I glue the gears with the green loctite and Let it dry for a few days.

Gr ronald
The gear has to be pinned as well. I believe a new cross hole is needed to align the umbrella gear vertically with the output gear. Did you have to bore out the Align gear to fit on the Outrage shaft? I've got a newer Align 600 gear set (20Tooth) that is about 1mm smaller in the I.D. bore than the stock part.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:11 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxison View Post
The gear has to be pinned as well. I believe a new cross hole is needed to align the umbrella gear vertically with the output gear. Did you have to bore out the Align gear to fit on the Outrage shaft? I've got a newer Align 600 gear set (20Tooth) that is about 1mm smaller in the I.D. bore than the stock part.
No I don't drill the align gears and yes you are right the gears are pinned I need to drill al 1 mm hole in the shaft. And I press the gears on the shaft. I need to do this because I have no gears lef in stock
Old 07-10-2015, 02:13 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelinpr View Post
I mostly used the Retro Fit gears. The last revision they came out with.

I did fly for quite a while on the original white and never had a problem either. Although I was only a sport pilot back then.

Green locktite on the tt gears? Locktite degrades plastic. Maybe try an epoxy of some kind.
Oke I din't no that I glue a lot of plastic with the green loctite and I have never had any problems with It I right loctite a email.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Quote:
It's a nice part for sure! I got mine back when Option Hobby was around. I'm running a stock set of gears in it now since the upgrade ones have both failed. It's too bad the Korean hobby shops aren't set up for international sales. Prices are a bit steep compared to when the upgrades first hit the market. Enjoy your Fusion!
So far 2 flights no issues. Before I couldn't make it through one before the gears ate itself.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I've been running the stock gears for about 30 or so flights after blowing up the ones from Option Hobby. Gear mesh and speed are both critical. I'd recommend a governed esc around 2300 max for head speed. Without a governor your likely over speeding the drive train.
There's no doubt that the factory gears are hit or miss with quality but I've found that a modest power system and some dampening to the tail on stops will increase the life of the gears.
With mine I think it was the amount of play in the gears. You could wiggle the input gear attached to the tq tube from side to side. The black gearbox housing halves didn't clamp down on the bearings good enough. That's why I went with the metal upgrade zero play and so far so good... There was a video on the forums a while back by a young kid named Wilson Miller I believe that pointed out this issue...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in