Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Turbine Helicopters

Turbine Helicopters Turbine R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Interested in a turbine

Hi guys, am seriously getting interested in turbines, what do you recommend, fancy a large Bell 230 or something like that, what make, JetCat, Jakadovsky, Wren, god knows, reliability ?, any ideas folks

Sats
satsuma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll let you know soon.... I hope...

Paul
Old 02-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuma View Post
Hi guys, am seriously getting interested in turbines, what do you recommend, fancy a large Bell 230 or something like that, what make, JetCat, Jakadovsky, Wren, god knows, reliability ?, any ideas folks

Sats
That all depends what you want to do. They are all good turbines with good reliability. If you are going scale then your choices are a bit limited. If you want pod and boom Jetcat and Wren are good.

If you want to go scale Peter Whales is the local expert.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

A large Bell 230 from vario will take a Jetcat HP5 turbine and mechanics set easily. You will have to make a custom exhaust unless Vario has one. Vario is developing their own mechanics for the Jakadofsky PJW range of turbines which IMHO are the MOST reliable turbines out there. A top mounted turbine would be easier to find an exhaust for. The problem with the Jako is the price. They can be serviced quickly in the US.

Certainly for a first turbine in a scale helicopter I would use a single stage rather than Wren or Jetcat SPH5. The last thing you need to be doing is mesing with the turbine once its in the model. The HP5 and the PJW are plug and play.

I am waiting for the PHT2 to arrive and will try and fit that in the 60 size Vario 430.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wales View Post
A large Bell 230 from vario will take a Jetcat HP5 turbine and mechanics set easily. You will have to make a custom exhaust unless Vario has one. Vario is developing their own mechanics for the Jakadofsky PJW range of turbines which IMHO are the MOST reliable turbines out there. A top mounted turbine would be easier to find an exhaust for. The problem with the Jako is the price. They can be serviced quickly in the US.

Certainly for a first turbine in a scale helicopter I would use a single stage rather than Wren or Jetcat SPH5. The last thing you need to be doing is mesing with the turbine once its in the model. The HP5 and the PJW are plug and play.

I am waiting for the PHT2 to arrive and will try and fit that in the 60 size Vario 430.

Peter, thanks, i have decided to buy a turbine, so i will find a Vario kit and see whats what.
Cheers

Sats
satsuma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in