Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, it SUCKS... I am in the process of negotiating with the wife for a replacement. Wait till she finds out I just ordered the HC500 aluminum head....SHHHHH (although HD helped out with a credit that I had) I also have one of those Trex F1 Bodies. Don't care for that one either besides the fact that it fits like sh@*!!
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pics

Straight roads are for fast cars, Curvy roads are for fast drivers!

Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away from here.
helitaiwan963 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #43 (permalink)

Nice pictures man! Here's my HDX500 SAH. I forgot to polish my G10 but, it's otherwise all clean.. After the pictures were taken I flew her.. Ahh, better then sex...

B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpheliman View Post
Yes, it SUCKS... I am in the process of negotiating with the wife for a replacement. Wait till she finds out I just ordered the HC500 aluminum head....SHHHHH (although HD helped out with a credit that I had) I also have one of those Trex F1 Bodies. Don't care for that one either besides the fact that it fits like sh@*!!
You can't sneak a $20 canopy but you managed to sneak a $100 CNC rotor head? TEACH ME?! LOL

I can't quiet decide on a canopy to be honest, nothing jumps out to me, unless your talking a $70 canmod. LOL
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2TheEYo View Post
You can't sneak a $20 canopy but you managed to sneak a $100 CNC rotor head? TEACH ME?! LOL

I can't quiet decide on a canopy to be honest, nothing jumps out to me, unless your talking a $70 canmod. LOL
Hehe, well a shiney new canopy sparks off the hmm...that MUST be something new...looks shiney so it has to be expensive too :p

The HC500 rotorhead, dark color. Something you can barely notice on a bird unless you look closely or you're one of us heli addicts, hehe

Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whats that peaking thru the window?

MY CRASHED HELI!!!!

Culprit was a link stripping off the tail pushrod and i lost the tail in the middle of a flip..

Old 08-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!! I know the feeling after my little adventure a couple weeks ago. Mechanical failure is the worst!!! Hence the HC frame and all of the little goodies. Helitaiwan hit it on the head with the shiny new canopy vs the black not so shiny head.(if it was gold I'd be screwed too!) Drained the secret Pay Pal account with the head purchase and only transferred 30 bucks or so from the "monitored account". Now I gotta sell some more stuff to build up the secret account back up then I will be back in business to buy some more stuff !!! Is that so wrong??? Remember side jobs for cash ='s lots of heli goodies!!!! LOL
Old 08-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #48 (permalink)

Aw man, that does suck.. That's why I don't like to invest in fancy blades and paddles still. Still grasping my controls and learning as I went from mode 3 to mode 2 (didn't know I was on mode 3 thanks to crappie Chinese instructions!).

I'm always very concerned about my tail rod, I have a modified stretched one since I got a stretched boom. Considering making a all steel solution or something all one piece, scared of that exact problem happening.

What's the damage report?
Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blades
t500 spindle
t500 flybar
mainshaft
frames
battery tray
boom
tail pushrod
boom supports
130T main gear

I think I'm gonna part this guy out and get an compass USA atom 500... Looks like te quality in that thing is amazing...

Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #50 (permalink)

Nothing beats a HDX.. lol

Buying boom supports is dumb in my opinion, I broke mine, the steel portions, in half and didn't even crash it, crap Trex braces. They're not worth $10. So I just made by own with clothes hangers. Works a treat.

sorry to hear about the list parts, seems pretty average for a crash though. The frame sides is a bitch for just the little tip that hangs out. I'd just modify your own. Perhaps get some of those black pieces that go across for the motor opening and fasten them to the frame and you should be good.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear you on the frames. I fractured mine just enough to piss you off. That's another reason why I went to the HC 500 frame. That list looks worse than it is, most of the parts are relatively inexpensive. Just a lot of time to reassemble and tune again, but hey thats half of the challenge and fun, right? By the way I just got the new HC500 head built and put on. Talking about a bitch.... the ratio on this thing is WAY different than the SEV2 head. (radio settings) I put it all together on the higher mix ratio's and put the lightweight paddles on it and WOW does it fly different. This thing acts like my 450 now, almost too twitchy. I just buzzed it around the basement, I am going to switch back to the weighted paddles to try and smooth it out. My skills and my heart are not ready for this yet!!! I will say that it looks really damn nice though. Tomorrows another day, hopefully I will have a tolerable wind to get it up outside. Oh ya, it is tomorrow now, got to quit this late night heli stuff.... NOT
Old 08-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys,

I just left from ircha and boy! Awesome time as always... Anywho, compass was there and I got to look at the atom 500 in person, that thing is amazing! Quality and everything. I think I made a good choice on that.

If anyone is interested in a couple hdx spares, shoot me a pm

Old 08-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

How was the weather down there at IHRCHA? Good for you on your new heli. Where do you get parts for that thing? I did a google search just to see what one looks like, and they do look nice. Put a list together on what all you are selling from the HDX....
Old 08-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Weather was awesome. A little hot but not too bad. Winds weren't ba and sunny, I have most of the stuff listed in my classifieds

Old 08-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

How are the 500's on 4S lipos? I have a HDX450SE and 7, 3S lipos that I can use together to get my 6S but didn't know it getting some 4S would really do the heli justice. I could always stock up on more 3S and have the best of both worlds right? lol
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #56 (permalink)

Make sure they are somewhat beefy 3S's with the same amount of cycles and identical specs and brand. Don't run mixed batteries, you'll have an explosion or fire on your hands.

The HDX500 with a 94T main gear is made for a 4S setup. Everyone just runs 6S cuz it's WAAAAY more power.

I run two 2200Mah 20C 3S's in series on my 500, I love it to death.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beefy as in having a nice "C" rating? My 3S's are 25C, 30 burst, but only 1800mah. I have a 2200 30C 35C burst on the way. Can't wait to test that out. I was looking on HeliDirect at the HDX HC500SE-G10 for $335. That G-10 frame is Graphite right? I see they have the CarbonFiber one for $375 but I'm not that big a fan of carbonfiber frames. I've read some bad stories about them.

http://www.helidirect.com/hc500se-ki...or-p-10484.hdx
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #58 (permalink)

20C or better, minimum. Both batteries need to be IDENTICAL in every way for it to work properly.

I'm not a fan of the carbon fiber either.. I've been using G10 ever since I got rid of my first heli a Belt-CP and got my HDX450. I've crashed that G10 frame billions of times really hard and never broke a thing. Just recently I crashed my HDX500 for the first time.. Nothing broke on it, but my carbon fiber boom.

G10 is highly effect and very inexpensive to replace, it's my choice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in