Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Our prices? You felt they were expensive?????
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharms View Post
Ouch. I just looked up the prices. I will either have to not do electric, or go with the cheap Chinese stuff. I know, you usually pay at least twice for the cheap stuff. Or, maybe use a gasser in my planned scale heli. We shall see.
If you don't like the 99.00 for the conversion kit to go electric you will HATE the Gasser conversion as a lot more work.parts etc are involved but the returns are priceless.

The heli hobby is not cheap by any means. I can appreciate JB for trying his hardest to keep prices low so we can enjoy with out killing my bank.

I was privy to know what all went in to making this XE mod possible and trust me 99.00 is a steal compared to the cost of designing testing and having them made.

I for one, and I think I speak for many of us pantera owners are glad that not only can we directly speak with the man who made this heli, can pass on ideas or changes needed to the same man, can see these ideas and changes come to life but Also see our helicopter evolve. And support thats second to none !

We buy one Pantera 50 and to date we have,

1 Stock 50 As sold.
1 BBC kit 60-91 nitro
1 4 bladed head
1 Stretch kit, make her 90 sized.
1 XE Electric mod.

And I am sure I am missing some so please excuse as so many things are going on at Audacity.

Then we have the community based mods,

Electric, before JB had a kit.
.30 Conversion for down sizing
Gasser, and this is now in a few flavors.
4 stroke .51 to 125 saito
Diesel (This one is on the bench and is almost done.
Fly bar less

And the list goes on.

To my knowledge this is the most converted RC Helicopter in the world.

We are the types the just want to fly !

When JB's BOGO was running you could get 2 for 300.00 This gives you spare parts for one heli well below the cost to buy them piece meal.

Can you get the china stuff cheaper, hell yes but you get what you paid for and zero support. Been there done that as many of us have.

Am I passionate about the Pantera ?

You bet.

I honestly believe that you should think long and hard before blowing off this conversion.
It is based on a very stable platform that has proven it self over and over.

off
Old 07-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

NO, NO, NO and NO. This is the trouble with forums, the "data" can come in the wrong order and confusion reigns. (I am a computer geek, the above is alluding to data traffic on a network) I was referring to Helipainters post in where he displayed his latest toys, the Castle ESC, etc. John, your prices have always been more than reasonable.
rharms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

If cost is a factor and quality is a must, watch the classifieds here for deals. You gotta look all the time to come up. For instance i just moved a phoenix 85hv for $100. I got my 4035-800 for $89, never ran. Pick up some really nice gyros for less than $70

I'm a cheap bastard, but come up on some really nice parts. That esc you refer to was a fortune though , $250 new, but it also took place of $100 of logger gear and after i sold my 85hv and logger, i was only out another $100 to upgrade.

This motor on 6s and 8s with this esc absolutely came alive. Sounds a lot different, feels way different. Never bogs now
helipainter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Continuing my previous post, I did not mean to light off a storm. I guess my "smilies" did not get attached. It was simply a light hearted comment about prices on the well known, highly desirable components. I am well aware of the the pricing and versatility of the Pantera, I have two. The Pantera is one of the "highly desirable components", but at a terrific price point. By-the-way, I am a modeler, not an assembler. I just do not post very often. :-) After this, maybe I should just listen in. I would love to do the experimenting some of you are able to do. However, blah, blah, blah, you know, the usual excuses.
Hopefully, my smilies got inserted this time.
Back to lurking.
Rick
Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rick, don't worry about it, data lag is a b&^#$ sometimes, but you quickly cleared it up for us. Don't go back to lurking, I am sure that is causing us to miss out on your expertise in modeling. As a noob to this hobby, I for one appreciate ALL experiences shared by the pros on this particular forum. And when I say PRO, I mostly refer to attitudes, cuz this has got to be one of the most mature, fun forums I have ever been part of.

And as for your comments on the prices, I agree whole-heartedly!! That is why I went Nitro... until I come to a place where I have to fly electric (not counting my Blade CX3) due to noise constraints, I think I will either fly nitro or gas.
F6Hawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharms View Post
NO, NO, NO and NO. This is the trouble with forums, the "data" can come in the wrong order and confusion reigns. (I am a computer geek, the above is alluding to data traffic on a network) I was referring to Helipainters post in where he displayed his latest toys, the Castle ESC, etc. John, your prices have always been more than reasonable.
rofl... i think all of us have at one time or another, made reply to a post only to find out that by the time we finished the reply and it actually posted, somebody else had beaten us to a post and it appears that our post was a response to the last post.

As F6Hawk said... don't be a lurker! Activity on the forums is the only way that our thoughts, ideas, and experiences get passed around. If you don't contribute, we loose out. As a modeler instead of an assembler, we would appreciate hearing about how you went about doing things to get around a problem or to make improvments.

I'm still an assembler, and marginal at that. Still, when I read about and see the different things folks are doing, I start to understand that the airframe can become more of a canvas than a prefabricated part.

As for JB... He's pretty quick to defend his product and his buisness model. I can't knock him for that, in fact I applaud him for it . In reading JB's response, I think he was actually questioning whether or not your post was pertaining to his e-conversion kit or something else. You answered the question

So... Stop lurking, start posting!
Saved to the uttermost!!!
forvols is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by forvols View Post

As F6Hawk said... don't be a lurker! Activity on the forums is the only way that our thoughts, ideas, and experiences get passed around. If you don't contribute, we loose out. As a modeler instead of an assembler, we would appreciate hearing about how you went about doing things to get around a problem or to make improvments.
I don't see that. Certainly less with Helis. HF is a much more mature board, however I still see an overwhelming disregard for anyone who isn't flashing the latest gear or smack-down 3d flying. I like to help out, and have tried to share what I've done with my ePantera for a couple of years, but until it comes from one of the great gods of helis that posts, it doesn't mean jack. I have noticed my suggestions are walked on and tossed out. So why not lurk?
Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not lurk? Because we're different . . . and being a heli-God is not required!

Folks, in case you don't know it, Darryl is the very guy who poked and prodded (basically stirring me off my fat ass), which led to the XE conversion in the first place!

I've said it before, regular folks are who the Pantera is created by and for.
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maxadventure - Before I got my 1st pantera I started a thread titled "a trend?" where I stated that I read a LOT about folks modifying the Pantera to accomodate this, that or the other. I was concerned that nobody seemed to talk much about enjoying a stock Pantera and just flying the heck out of it. That was what I was looking for in a heli.

You made a very nice post that rang true to my ears (ok.. eyes.. I was reading, not listening). Your post, along with a post from Ray and Dude II were the posts that convenced me to try a Pantera.

So... to say you're input carries no weight isn't a true statement. I've read every post that you've made with regard to the electric P50 and your posts have sent me looking at other threads not even in the Audacity forums.

I guess what I'm saying is... from the obscure, to the famous - contributions to these forums allow less experienced folks like myself the opportunity to read, investigate, and think about various ways of doing/resolving things.

So... DON'T LURK!! Forvols needs all the help he can get buddy!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helipainter, I believe I am upset with you. My original introduction to Helifreak was Finless Bob and his videos. Then, most of the time in the Audacity forum. You got me to look at the classified section. I just purchased a Phoenix HV110. I almost purchased a Scorpion 4035-630 for cheap. NO NO. Just stop, Rick. I need to wait until JB finishes the posting of the XE option to see what I really need. Mr. Helipainter, you have created a monster. With respect, Rick Harms
Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

i can't stop either bro, sorry. Don't know what to tell ya, guess were gonna face an intervention some day, but for now i'm buying all i can.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rick,

If it's the one where two holes are tapped M4 for strength? Man that thing looks beat to Hell and I'd be careful. Anyway, you'd probably be better off with the 4025-630 instead of the 4035. Also, is that 110A speed control a HV version? I ask because you want a minimum of 42V capability (and 80A instead of 110A is fine). Finally, I'm trying to get everything together for the website but these things take time.
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
Old 07-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am a nervous wreak just buying the ESC. Until I gain more experience, I will probably buy the motor new. Yes, the ESC is the HV, 50 volts. I assumed 110 A was overkill, but that is what was available. And, I understand it takes time to post your product, especially when your jaw is hurting like (**())**(. And, thank you for the advice about the 4025, that is just the kind of info I need.
Rick Harms
Old 07-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm lovin my 4035-800 on 8s. I still see 140 amp peak with 13 degree collective, just short of 4000 watts, and it's FBL

The controller you got is perfect! i wouldn't call it overkill in the least. Killer soft start! excellent governor. Your gonna love it. And if for some reason it isn't for you, to step out for what you paid isn't unheard of, I do it all the time.

Last edited by helipainter; 07-13-2010 at 08:23 PM..
Old 07-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Help me Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda!

Please scuse the lack of e-knowledge but let me see if I'm thinking properly.

Scorpion 4025-630
Kv = 630
Max Wattage (output) = 2520w. Does this equate to approx 3.5hp?
Max Amp = 60A. Is that max sustained or burst?

Assuming 60A is max sustained, would it be unreasonable to assume a burst of 70A?

If 70A burst is possible, and you run an 80A ESC is it possible/probable that you could exceed the ESC's Max Amps by the time servos and gyro claim their fair share? If so... what happens?

Running a 4025-630, how do I calculate what size pack would be needed for say 6-8 minutes of sport/scale flying?

Thanks all
Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Best of my knowledge your looking at a 10s setup with that motor. With that said, the 60 amps would be a continuous current, would expect it to handle 100 amp brief encounters problem free no sweat. byproduct is heat.

I've only run the castle CCBEC pro on it's own pack

4000 mah at 10s would get you the flight times/head speeds your after.

3.37hp

A nice phoenix esc or the like will have a max current limiter. My HV160 limits at 220 amps.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:19 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good ole HeliPainter just fed my heli addiction a little more with the tracking info for the esc and 6s lipo's for the XE I decided to build. Going to throw A KDS FM that I have laying around on it just for S**TS N Giggles found my motor 825 KV from Nuemotors up in San Dog now just going to give JB a buzz and order kit along with a few sets of the carbon blades .
AMA#914306
JohnDoe. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 07-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol.. ive welded things at 260 amps.... i think its odd how these things are converting d/c to a/c basically.... wonder how much HP.. a celing fan puts out... kidding... i wonder though...
crash.n.dash05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in