Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC > Outrage G5

Outrage G5 Outrage G5 Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Governed head speed for just hovering?

Wondering if 2300 in mormal mode is sufficient for just hovering and slow to medium forward flight. I am using set rpm and am thinking 2300 normal, 2500 stunt 1, and 2700 for stunt 2. I am using the 5 to 1 tail ratio but I use t-rex 450 pro hub and grips on the G5 tail. Just needs a few washers between grips and pitch links to eliminate all binding. This is flybarless by the way. Thoughts please before I maiden! This is with 350 radix fbl blades and beastx
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

2300 is more than sufficient.
I've hovered at 2100, although the feel is a bit soft, and it's just enough for FF.
I run 2200 / 2400 and performance is excellent at 2400 (Outrage recommends 2450 max.).

BTW, WOW! 2700!

Last edited by Cheetah62; 03-14-2011 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: typo
Cheetah62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ya 2700 is available within gov range on stunt 3 but I dont need to use it. I have seen some 3d done at that head speed but the heli had a flybar. I am thinking stunt 1 at 2500 will be all I need! The main reason I used the pro hub and grips is they apparently will hold up better at the higher tail speeds plus they have built in chinese weights. Also am using the RJX flybarless head because its geometry works perfect with the beastx with the cyclic servo balls at recommended distance. The outrage head would need the balls moved in on the servo arms to get the 6 degrees with blue lite and screws up the straight shot of the linkages. The fix would be 5mm longer balls on the G5 fbl grips but I had the RJX head so I used it. So a note to outrage is that we need longer balls for the G5 head to be compatible with the beastx.

Last edited by scott s; 03-14-2011 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

G5 is a full 3d heli at 2400 rpm, you don't need more headspeed until you know what you are doing.
and be careful about tail if you go much higher. some have reported it is not designed for very high rpm on tail.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The tail is not rated above 12500 you are correct but I have read horror story's about the tail throwing grips etc even at low head speeds. If you really search it it is pretty dominate. I use a rex pro with chinese weights for the tail hub and grips. These are run all the time above this rpm without fail. The only change I find needed EXCEPT that the geometry of the stock FBL head does not work with the beastx. You either need control balls 5mm longer on the stock fbl grips or you just use the rjx head which lowers everything to a nice comfy level.he original G5 FBL was basicaly designed around the skookum 360. Now antique. This is still the best heli in its class out there BUT in its true stock form needs some TLC. If outrage would cure the tail and get rid of the one sided swash driver and make it "compatible" with all the new fbl uits without having to drastically change the straight servo to swash linkages then it would be perfect. All these mods are so simple but Then again I cant even find a tail shaft for my 550 HA!
As to date I fly at 2500 governed and all that is required for even full bore!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

my G5 is fbl with stock outrage fbl head, and beastx v2.
no issue so far : flies great, a little more agile than with flybar.
and always at 2400 rpm.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have my G5 running on the SK720 mounted up front with the batt undermounted, very nice so far.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, any castle creations users out there? i got my hands on a 45HV Phoenix until my Koby arrives as i somehow think the first Phoenix are more trust worthy than the ice series but hey, that's just my thought.
Any suggestions on pinion choice for 24-2500rpms on the stock 1700kv motor and settings within the castle software in terms of type of gov mode, gov gain, motor settings ect?
I can't wait to get her off the ground now
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalt View Post
I have my G5 running on the SK720 mounted up front with the batt undermounted, very nice so far.
Where did you mount your ESC?
DarwinF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in