Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
JMP
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question CPP to CP

This may have already been posted somewhere. If so, please direct me to the appropriate post.

I want to convert an E-Flite Blade CP Pro to a non-Bell-Hiller Blade CP.

1. Can this be done?
2. If so, what parts do I need to purchase to make the change?
3. If this conversion won't result in an easier, fun to fly heli, please let me know.

Someone will likely ask "why". The answer is, I want a more docile heli to fly for relaxation instead of flighting the antics of the Pro. My parts conversion request may not be the answer, but I have already invested in the Pro and can't afford to buy another heli. I have heard from someone at one of our LHS that the conversion is possible. I just need some more specific parts help.

Any help with the parts request (if this conversion is not too stupid an idea) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JMP
JMP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wouldn't it be easier to tame it down via the radio? (headspeed, cyclic expo, etc)... or can't you on that one? I was thinking of my Blade400... I got it like a big honeybee FP right now.
Slyster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you cannot tame it down in the stock radio. the closest you can get to taming it would be to add more flybar weights. i started with the non bell/hiller upgrade and couldnt really tell the difference between the two. and i hate to drop the bad news but the blade cp can never really be tamed down it is just the way it is.
HeathH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
JMP
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks, guys. That was the advice I was looking for. It isn't really practical and I'd be no better off. The added flybar weights might help to tame it a little. It was a bad choice to begin with, but I didn't know about HeliFreaks then. Now I do and I am working toward getting my B-400 mastered. I can already tell the B-400 is a lot more stable in the air. I suppose I was just trying to make the best of a bad investment.

Many thanks,

JMP
JMP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Taming The CPP

You should be able to tame it a little by adding the non-Bell Hiller mixer from the CP+ and flat bottom blades.
tyrick69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Add some weight to it and it tames alittle bit. I wanted to tame mine with a D-9 dozer nost of the time, but that is my cure for everything.
Kindling Maker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 02:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Personally, I would just invest in a cheap set of the flat bottom blades, and add more flybar weight. That will tame it down a little on the cheap, as you save up for a B400, Trex 450SA or the like.

-Scott
CX2, CPP, B400, Trex450SA, Trex450XL, Trex450SEv2, Trex600
scm6079 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can confirm that adding a second set of flybar weights, and making sure everything is balanced and tight makes the CP Pro much more stable... I'm three weeks into this, and am starting to learn head-in hovering now...
odam2k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Try moving the servo linkages 2 holes farther in on the two rear servos. That will make it a lot less sensitive.
olendorf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

I thought I was just getting better at flying my CP Pro. Turns out the linkage has loosened up a bit since it was new 3 weeks ago. Tonight, I found a tech link that reminded you to tighten every screw after general use and crashes. So I tightened everything... too much. I flew the CP Pro right after and it was as squirrelly as a.... squirrel. So I loosened up the center see-saw linkage on each side which control the flybar, and that put the CPP back to being as controllable as I've had it.

I think the CPP is a good machine, albeit pretty squirrely in general. Can't wait to fly me Blade 40 when it gets delivered tomorrow or wednesday.

Yee Haw!!!!
Snapper0923 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The CP Pro is a decent heli, but you'll like the Blade 400 a lot more - it is a whole world of difference.

The best thing you can do with the CP Pro is convert it to Spektrum and change the pitch and throttle curves around. If you raise the head speed it will fly better, and you can also do what I did and take the lousy gyro from the Blade 400 and put it on the CP Pro with a direct-drive tail. Then get a GY401 for the Blade 400 - also makes a lot of difference.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just add a set of SuperSkids and plasti-blades to tame your twitchy little bird. You can always remove them after you learn how to fly it better. Easy easy easy!
cold duck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1
Blade cx2
E-flite 4-site
helidude3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold duck View Post
Just add a set of SuperSkids and plasti-blades to tame your twitchy little bird. You can always remove them after you learn how to fly it better. Easy easy easy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helidude3 View Post
+1
and fly bigger batteries!

To answer your question...... yes you can convert back to the original head. You just need the original blade grips and change the spacers.

If you want it more stable rather than "tamer" put the aluminum head and swashplate upgrades on....... much better to fix the problems than to mask them!
WickedDragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
This may have already been posted somewhere. If so, please direct me to the appropriate post.

I want to convert an E-Flite Blade CP Pro to a non-Bell-Hiller Blade CP.

1. Can this be done?
2. If so, what parts do I need to purchase to make the change?
3. If this conversion won't result in an easier, fun to fly heli, please let me know.

Someone will likely ask "why". The answer is, I want a more docile heli to fly for relaxation instead of flighting the antics of the Pro. My parts conversion request may not be the answer, but I have already invested in the Pro and can't afford to buy another heli. I have heard from someone at one of our LHS that the conversion is possible. I just need some more specific parts help.

Any help with the parts request (if this conversion is not too stupid an idea) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JMP
hey bro,
here's what Ive done to make it 'better' - stable and such might be alot to ask for a beginer but as you get better, some like the CP more and more. I added the flat bottom platic blades to mine - they are almost indestructable! And took out the 0-ring dampers, replaced them with neon green fuel tubing cut to fit. this gave a much smoother feel to the controls, and made the response in cyclic a little slower, I also added flybar weights so there are 3 weights on every flybar. then added G110 gyro for tail (much better, but still need to add to Direct Drive conversion I feel), took 2 sided servo tape and wrapped it around the skids to add cushioning to hard landing - i guess the extra weight from all the above helps smooth it out and make it easier to hover and do simple circuts. I fly in a small room so I need it smooth! Good luck!
dabigrussian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in